Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    Oh jesus not you again

I'm not going to get into a big thing with you about this again. You are entitled to your opinion as I am with mine. It's a fallacy to say that Carlito had a year long feud with HHH, that's all I pointed out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm not going to get into a big thing with you about this again.

As you remember how that turned out.
    You are entitled to your opinion as I am with mine

What lazy way of stating a point you cant really back up in logic manner after taking in all the facts.

Which person in their right mind would read an "in-depth summary of Carlito's feuds between 2005-2008" anyway?

What lazy way of stating a point you cant really back up in logic manner after taking in all the facts.

I don't know what you're problem is. Krudler said that Carlito had a feud with HHH and Flair for a year. He didn't feud with HHH. Logic and Fact don't come into it because this "feud" didn't exist.
    Which person in their right mind would read an "in-depth summary of Carlito's feuds between 2005-2008" anyway?

Out of interest:pac:

And please don't insult me, I haven't insulted you. I am of sound mind.

I don't know what you're problem is. Krudler said that Carlito had a feud with HHH and Flair for a year. He didn't feud with HHH. Logic and Fact don't come into it because this "feud" didn't exist.

LOVE the way most of the time you dont reply to the point you are replying to, preferring to rant on whatever

Out of interest:pac:

Must of made interesting read documenting all those great, memorable matches and promos.You know they should really release a Carlito DVD.

I am of sound mind.

Im not the only one who has questioned this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Do you really think Jeff is best served in a tag team considering he is an over main eventer now?

i just personally think with the feud now with hunter and cena (AGAIN) that he would be better goin a different direction for the time being even if that means headin to SD for a title feud so be it-actually a jeff/edge feud would be pretty entertaining id say!

• Advertisement

LOVE the way most of the time you dont reply to the point you are replying to, preferring to rant on whatever.

You didn't even make a point. All you said is that it was a lazy way of looking at things without having the facts. Again, there are no facts because he never feuded with HHH. And you're the one who is not directly responding to that. And I hardly ranted.

Must of made interesting read documenting all those great, memorable matches and promos.You know they should really release a Carlito DVD..

You crack me up man:rolleyes:

Im not the only one who has questioned this.

Everybody has their off days.

i just personally think with the feud now with hunter and cena (AGAIN)

You do know Hardy will be added to that feud?

You didn't even make a point. All you said is that it was a lazy way of looking at things without having the facts. Again, there are no facts because he never feuded with HHH. And you're the one who is not directly responding to that. And I hardly ranted.

I was speaking in general.
    You crack me up man:rolleyes:

I just cant believe someone cares that much about Carlito.
    Everybody has their off days.

Some more than most

So you ignored what I said and just insulted me for my personal views and are differences on previous occasions. Nice

I just cant believe someone cares that much about Carlito.

I care about the future of the business and I want to see young talent get over and succeed.

Some more than most

Whatever you say man.

So you ignored what I said and just insulted me for my personal views and are differences on previous occasions. Nice.

Ive no idea what you are referring to, please use direct quotes to explain please.
    I care about the future of the business and I want to see young talent get over and succeed.

So why do care about Carlito so much, he is hardly leading the pack, is he?

• Advertisement

Ive no idea what you are referring to, please use direct quotes to explain please.

You ignored what I actually said, as indicated by your in general comment, and accused me of being illogical.

I personally think that Carlito still has potential, and I think a move to SD will do him the world of good. He was moved too early to Raw and as a result could not continue his promising start.

You ignored what I actually said, as indicated by your in general comment, and accused me of being illogical.

Quote me in context and come back to me.

[
    I personally think that Carlito still has potential, and I think a move to SD will do him the world of good. He was moved too early to Raw and as a result could not continue his promising start.

I wrote:

Hardly answering the question is it?

How does he have potential?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I like Carlito as well. Just cause somebody likes someone you don't dosn't mean they are wrong. That happens way too much on this board
    Poster 1 " I like Mr. X"
    Poster 2 " How can you like Mr. X that's just stupid, grow up he is rubbish, your stupid"

Someone is bound to have different opinions to each other once in a while just get over it.

Here's the context;
    1. Krudel said that Carlito feuded with HHH for a year.
    2. I said that it was simply not true.
    3. Out of nowhere you come out with a comment attacking my previous posts in previous threads calling me illogical. You then say that I don't directly respond to your replys.
    4. I asked you how was I illogical. Carlito did not have a feud with HHH. Fact. I also point out that you are the one who is ignoring what I am saying.
    5. You admit you were speaking in general, which means you attacked me for our differences in different threads without acknowledging what I said was true (Carlito and HHH did not feud).
    I wrote:

Hardly answering the question is it?

How does he have potential?

I don't have justify anything, it's my opinion, one I am entitled to. But I'll tell you anyway and it's quite simple really. Good in the ring, good on the mic. There are elements to both that need improving but the potential is there.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I like Carlito as well. Just cause somebody likes someone you don't dosn't mean they are wrong. That happens way too much on this board
    Poster 1 " I like Mr. X"
    Poster 2 " How can you like Mr. X that's just stupid, grow up he is rubbish, your stupid"

Someone is bound to have different opinions to each other once in a while just get over it.

I agree but if it is something so far off the mark Id like to discuss it here, which is one reason why boards exists. Im more than open about hearing other's opinions which differ from mine as along as they present a rational case for their opinion. If you cant defend your opinion then your the one who needs to do more thinking about how you created that opinion.

Yeah I have no problem with someone questioning it, as you say its the whole point of the boards, but to throw in a personal insult while questioning it I think is out of order.

Here's the context;
    3. Out of nowhere you come out with a comment attacking my previous posts in previous threads calling me illogical. You then say that I don't directly respond to your replys.
    4. I asked you how was I illogical. Carlito did not have a feud with HHH. Fact. I also point out that you are the one who is ignoring what I am saying.
    5. You admit you were speaking in general, which means you attacked me for our differences in different threads without acknowledging what I said was true (Carlito and HHH did not feud).

I don't have justify anything, it's my opinion, one I am entitled to.

Ridiculous read my post above it is a message board.

But I'll tell you anyway and it's quite simple really. Good in the ring, good on the mic. There are elements to both that need improving but the potential is there.

Just good?

Give examples of sparks of potential from him?

Or evidence of him of building a case for himself to be pushed via his work ethic?

Yeah I have no problem with someone questioning it, as you say its the whole point of the boards, but to throw in a personal insult while questioning it I think is out of order.

It was a reference to what VR said about him. Look I try and try to have a decent back and forth with him I add in facts from independent third parties; I try to make my points in a reasonable and grounded manner. To which he rarely acknowledges preferring to stubbornly refuse anyone’s opinion by not directly responding to it nor just responding at all. Yet still saying he is entitled to an opinion. It is just not a rational response for a person.

It was a reference to what VR said about him. Look I try and try to have a decent back and forth with him I add in facts from independent third parties; I try to make my points in a reasonable and grounded manner. To which he rarely acknowledges preferring to stubbornly refuse anyone’s opinion by not directly responding to it nor just responding at all. Yet still saying he is entitled to an opinion. It is just not a rational response for a person.

You have issues where you insist on victimising people for their views. I don't have to prove anything to you, this isn't a court trial and I am not a lawyer.

I think it is quite evident from Carlito's general standard of matches that he is an excellent performer. And if you want to see how good he is on the mic, go to youtube and watch various vignettes of Carlito's Cabana. But of course you won't waste your time doing that.

To show the extent to which you are stubborn and head strong, I have shown quite clearly how you insulted me without even properly replying to what I said about this supposed feud between HHH and Carlito. Instead you stupidly and childishly asked to be quoted in context when I quite clearly did in post 162 and again painted a clear picture of what happened in post 165. You sir are a hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I have no idea how a simple statement turned into this. krudler said "if you cant make something of feuding with HHH and Ric Flair in one year then its your own fault". Meaning that in a one year period Carlito had feuds with HHH and Flair

Can we get back on topic now please? If you really want to talk about Carlito there's a topic about him now

• Advertisement

You have issues where you insist on victimising people for their views. I don't have to prove anything to you, this isn't a court trial and I am not a lawyer. .

Is it such an affront for you to ask you to back an opinion on a message board?
    I think it is quite evident from Carlito's general standard of matches that he is an excellent performer.

You are having a laugh, he is the most half assed performer on the roster name me the last match.

And if you want to see how good he is on the mic, go to youtube and watch various vignettes of Carlito's Cabana. But of course you won't waste your time doing that.

Honestly, name one where he stole the scene. If read a detailed recap of his fueds 2005-8 you should be able to name a couple.

To show the extent to which you are stubborn and head strong .

Did you actually read what you are replying to, this time?
    I have shown quite clearly how you insulted me.

I made reference to an insult there is a difference. By the way you have just been called deluded in another topic here.

without even properly replying to what I said about this supposed feud between HHH and Carlito. .

As you actually misread what the other guy posted if you read back. Not to mention in was speaking in general, I specificly mention HHH and Carlito are all.
    Instead you stupidly and childishly asked to be quoted in context when I quite clearly did in post 162 and again painted a clear picture of what happened in post 165.

No, I just asked you give me the same pleasure I afford you by quoting your posts directly and in context.

Fozzy wrote: »
    I have no idea how a simple statement turned into this. krudler said "if you cant make something of feuding with HHH and Ric Flair in one year then its your own fault". Meaning that in a one year period Carlito had feuds with HHH and Flair

Can we get back on topic now please?

He simply didn't though have a feud with HHH, that's all I pointed out. Rovert took issue and insulted me, and furtherore when I pushed him on it admitted that he was talking in general. In other words he didn't even pay attention to what I said, he just took an opportunity to insult me.

He simply didn't though have a feud with HHH, that's all I pointed out. Rovert took issue and insulted me, and furtherore when I pushed him on it admitted that he was talking in general. In other words he didn't even pay attention to what I said, he just took an opportunity to insult me.

LZ5by5 for the final time krudler DID NOT SAY THAT
    krudler wrote: »
    Carlito is a whinging ****er, always complaining hes not being used yet when they try to use him he does nothing with it, if you cant make something of feuding with HHH and Ric Flair in one year then its your own fault

He was clearly pointing out Carlito had a feud with HHH and Flair in a one year span, which he in fact DID!

You are a fine one to say who has and hasnt paid attention given the above. I did pay attention your post and reply directly to it. I made refernce to an insult, I didnt direct insult you.

LZ5by5 for the final time krudler DID NOT SAY THAT
    He was clearly pointing out Carlito had a feud with HHH and Flair in a one year span, which he in fact DID! .

He feuded with Flair, with HHH sparingly getting involved. It was a Intercontinental Championship feud. Not quite the same as a direct feud.

Let it go

He feuded with Flair, with HHH sparingly getting involved. It was a Intercontinental Championship feud. Not quite the same as a direct feud.

Let it go

No, you clearly misread krudler's post. He never said Carlito feuded with HHH for a year long span as you said. This what happens when dont reply or quote directly.

If have a reading comperhension problem or learning difficulty, Im sorry but please dont start jumping down peoples throats before you establish what people are actually saying. Friendly advice here, ok?

I list of your own wrongness compiled by yourself:
    Here's the context;

I'm pretty sure that krudler meant 2007 when he was talking about Carlito. He was with Flair for a long time and then they feuded, and then he had a one month feud with HHH following HHH's return

I'm pretty sure that krudler meant 2007 when he was talking about Carlito. He was with Flair for a long time and then they feuded, and then he had a one month feud with HHH following HHH's return

No in fact you are wrong Fozzy as:
    Carlito and HHH did not feud

I wouldn't even call that a feud. 1 month is hardly a feud, when you compare to the length of feuds such as
    • Edge/ Undertaker
    • Triple H/ Orton
    • John Cena/ Randy Orton
    • MVP/ Matt Hardy
    • Chris Jericho/ HBK/ Batista
    That "feud" was just filler, like Umaga's feud with Jeff Hardy was filler too.

I wouldn't even call that a feud. 1 month is hardly a feud, when you compare to the length of feuds such as
    • Edge/ Undertaker
    • Triple H/ Orton
    • John Cena/ Randy Orton
    • MVP/ Matt Hardy
    • Chris Jericho/ HBK/ Batista
    That "feud" was just filler, like Umaga's feud with Jeff Hardy was filler too.

I wont even bother to reason with you, anymore. Pointless given the last couple of pages. Have at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sweet jesus what have i started, Lz5by5, i NEVER said carlito fueded with HHH for year, i said he feuded with both hhh and flair within the course of a year, which he did, my point was that if after being put in a series of matches with 2 of the biggest names in the business then complaining you're not getting a push is just whinging, and when he does get a a push he doesnt capitalise on it, besides a "filler" fued is still a feud, like it or not

its KRUDLER by the way;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I think the WWE draft should be canned like Guinness draft.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

DRakE wrote: »
    I think the WWE draft should be canned like Guinness draft.

/thread

Hang about!? This thread is about the WWE Draft?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 littlediablo

Just a place where we can bounce our ideas off each other people.....

I have a feeling the foolowing may happen

Ken Kennedy to SD

The creative team has done a good job in getting Kennedy going again. However I have a concern that there is only so far one can progress on Raw. It would be excellent to see Kennedy v Edge for the WHC at WM25,

Batista to Raw

There is not much left for Batista on SD and there are feuds such as JBL (as face), John Cena (as heel), Randy Orton (as face), and HHH (as heel) just waiting for him on Raw.

I have some more thoughts but first lets get the ball rolling. What are your opinions guys?
    batista has been on raw and smackdown i think he should be moved from smackdown to ecw and mr kenndy should be moved to ecw as well . cm punk and mvp should be moved to raw.umaga to smackdown .jbl should be moved to ecw.shelton benjiman to smackdown mike knox to smackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Man it'd be highlarious to be in the room should Vince tell Bautista he's going to ECW! Givent he fuss he made about going to Smackdown (and then called a locker room meeting declaring he was there to save SD) I doubt that we'll see that...

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Man it'd be highlarious to be in the room should Vince tell Bautista he's going to ECW! Givent he fuss he made about going to Smackdown (and then called a locker room meeting declaring he was there to save SD) I doubt that we'll see that...

Huh? I didn't know that! What a tool.....

But he'd never be sent to ECW. I'd say Mysterio has a more probable chance of being sent to ecw.
    Originally posted by littlediablo
    batista has been on raw and smackdown i think he should be moved from smackdown to ecw and mr kenndy should be moved to ecw as well . cm punk and mvp should be moved to raw.umaga to smackdown .jbl should be moved to ecw.shelton benjiman to smackdown mike knox to smackdown

Again, I don't think Batista would be sent to ECW. Even though he has been on Raw already, there are still opportunities for new feuds with Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy and John Cena and a renewed feud with HHH (with Batista as heel).

I don't think Mr. Kennedy's momentum would be killed by a move to SD- but it certainly would be by a move to ECW. It's crucial that he keeps the momentum that he has regained and in order to keep it going, he needs to move from the congested Raw scene. SD with feuds against the likes of Edge would be the better place for Kennedy.

Again with Punk I have a concern that he will not flourish on the congested Raw scene. Even though Raw suits Punk's personality, SD is the better destination to evolve his character.

I agree with all of your other choices.

• Advertisement

Is their any point in drafting people from Smaackdown to ECW? I mean they are on each others shows all the time anyway and the ECW title holder is a Smackdown superstar

Is their any point in drafting people from Smaackdown to ECW? I mean they are on each others shows all the time anyway and the ECW title holder is a Smackdown superstar

ECW is going to be taped before Raw soon so it'll be Raw guys on ECW rather than Smackdown guys

Oh yeah I forgot about that, thanks. In that case Punk is going to one of Smackdown or Raw I reckon Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

That's why the draft doesn't really excite me. With the few notable exceptions, basically guys seem to randomly pop up on different brands all the time.

That's why the draft doesn't really excite me. With the few notable exceptions, basically guys seem to randomly pop up on different brands all the time.

To be fair the only guys who are really showing up on both Raw and SD are
    • HBK/ Batista because they were feuding
    • Big Show, who I get the feeling that they are just bouncing around until the draft to settle him. And
    • CM Punk who is kind of entitled to since he has the briefcase.
    What doesn't excite me about the draft is that realistically they won't really shuffle the top pack around, which means things will likely remain stale. But i'll still be watching it live......

• Advertisement

Every week it seems somebody shows up on a brand they aren't supposed to be on. So when Vince says there's gonna be a draft it means alot less to me because the brands aren't treated as 100% separate entities.

I think they nailed how to work the brands around Wrestlemania 20/21 when basically the brands were always kept separate but for that 1 show you were gonna see some inter brand "dream" matches e.g. Goldberg/Lesnar, 'Taker/Kane, Michaels/Angle.

A few more examples:
    Santino was on Smackdown last week. I remember Matt Hardy showing up on Raw the day after 'Mania to fight Orton. There was a divas match with every woman in the company on a Raw about a month ago too. Morrison and the Miz had a tag team match with Jericho and Micheals too. They're just 4 that I can remember.

And basically everytime they have a 3 hour Raw which feels like once every 2/3 months, it's like the brand split doesn't exist.

Every week it seems somebody shows up on a brand they aren't supposed to be on. So when Vince says there's gonna be a draft it means alot less to me because the brands aren't treated as 100% separate entities.

I think they nailed how to work the brands around Wrestlemania 20/21 when basically the brands were always kept separate but for that 1 show you were gonna see some inter brand "dream" matches e.g. Goldberg/Lesnar, 'Taker/Kane, Michaels/Angle.

A few more examples:
    Santino was on Smackdown last week. I remember Matt Hardy showing up on Raw the day after 'Mania to fight Orton. There was a divas match with every woman in the company on a Raw about a month ago too. Morrison and the Miz had a tag team match with Jericho and Micheals too. They're just 4 that I can remember.

And basically everytime they have a 3 hour Raw which feels like once every 2/3 months, it's like the brand split doesn't exist.

I agree that the brand split was at its best when they were portrayed as to being really competitive and two entirely different rosters.

The match between Santino and Cousin Sal was moved from Raw to SD they wanted to edit the match to make it look better for TV. The match between Randy Orton and Matt Hardy on Raw was Matt Hardy's first competitive match after coming back from injury and was a grudge match, due to Orton "injuring" Matt during his feud with Jeff.

I didn't catch that Miz/ Morrison v HBK/ Jericho Tag Team Match. Was it on a 3 hour show?

I didn't catch that Miz/ Morrison v HBK/ Jericho Tag Team Match. Was it on a 3 hour show?

No just a normal show I think. Then there was that time about 5 weeks ago Kennedy and Triple H fought the entire ECW roster on Raw.

At the end of the day, if it makes for entertaining tv I don't really mind. But by doing it, it makes the draft mean alot less to me.

No just a normal show I think. Then there was that time about 5 weeks ago Kennedy and Triple H fought the entire ECW roster on Raw.

At the end of the day, if it makes for entertaining tv I don't really mind. But by doing it, it makes the draft mean alot less to me.

Maybe they'll batten down the hatches once the draft happens, at least between Raw and Smackdown.

I too am not as excited as one could be for the draft. I don't think there will be that many significant superstar drafts.

I don't think there will be that many significant superstar drafts.

I think there will. I think they know that the draft doesn't mean much at the moment, especially if they don't move anyone big

Of course, they could just move a Raw guy like Shawn to ECW, where he'd still end up being on Raw at times anyway

I think there will. I think they know that the draft doesn't mean much at the moment, especially if they don't move anyone big

Of course, they could just move a Raw guy like Shawn to ECW, where he'd still end up being on Raw at times anyway

My enthusiasm for this draft has been derailed by Randy Orton's injury and the Undertaker's hiatus.

I reckon Bautista moves back to Raw. I think the plan was to have him and Orton reform evolution as heels almost straight away but obviously that'll have to wait a while. I still see it happening (It'll be a two man evolution though...)

Other moves I could see would be Holly to ECW (after the inevitable turn by Cody next week). Finlay to ECW (give the product what it needs for gods sake Vince! though guys!)

I reckon we'll see Elijah Burke and Kofi to SD along with Kennedy (has really hit a wall on SD) or maybe even Jeff to SD with Matt to Raw...

To Raw I see Bautista and some low ranking ECW guy and maybe a guy like Chavo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Quick few questions:

1. Is a wrestlers pay effected by a change of brands? e.g. if Batista goes to Raw (the main show), will his pay increase?

2. Does a superstar have a say in where they end up?; Can they decline a move/suggest a move?

3. What was the main reason for the brand division in the first place? Wrestler fatigue?

I had a look around for info on this, but had trouble finding anything. If anyone has any links, that'd be handy!

mehfesto2 wrote: »

Does a superstar have a say in where they end up?; Can they decline a move/suggest a move?

The guys who you think would have influence (Triple H, 'Taker etc...) do have a say. The rest have no say.
    3. What was the main reason for the brand division in the first place? Wrestler fatigue?

By splitting the roster, it essentially gave WWE the chance to make more money.

The guys who you think would have influence (Triple H, 'Taker etc...) do have a say. The rest have no say.
    QUOTE]

Yup, HHH was supposed to go to SD a few years ago and pulled a hissy fit and they changed it on the next Raw... that was a bit of a disaster!

• Advertisement
Advertisement