Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Yup, HHH was supposed to go to SD a few years ago and pulled a hissy fit and they changed it on the next Raw... that was a bit of a disaster!

Really?! Never knew that. Worked out well for him in the long run though, I suppose, eh?

So by 'making more money', do you mean the roster-split gave the WWE the ability to sell the different shows to different tv networks?

It's a pretty interesting time! Hope there's a few decent changes. and One or two nobody expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It was that RAW traded Booker T and the Dudleys to get him back..:mad::mad:..Biggest trade in history..Instead of the Draft can they not just trade..Even though we would still think that there is no point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    So by 'making more money', do you mean the roster-split gave the WWE the ability to sell the different shows to different tv networks?

That's not really it. With two separate brands they can run four shows per brand per week. If it was just one brand that would mean doing eight shows. And instead of just working four nights a week the wrestlers would be working twice as much

I think they also had the idea that it would prevent over-saturation of the stars. Instead of having the same guys in the main events twice a week they could have twice as many guys on for half the amount of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Also make way for more upcoming wrestlers and have more main eventers. so instead of having we will say 6 Main Eventers to run rule over Raw and Smackdown now you can have 4 or more if needed on each Raw and Smackdown so you get 8 Main Eventers instead of 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Save_us.Cena2SD!

Apparently some of the bigger news sites are reporting that at the moment, Cena is a lock to go to SmackDown! I haven't heard it on the observer or F4W (Don't start VR!) so take it with a grain of salt.

If it is true, then RAW is saved for me once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Minto wrote: »
    Save_us.Cena2SD!

Apparently some of the bigger news sites are reporting that at the moment, Cena is a lock to go to SmackDown! I haven't heard it on the observer or F4W (Don't start VR!) so take it with a grain of salt.

Can't see it he's meant to have a summer long feud with HHH. Though it would be refreshing to have Cena back on SD...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Save_us.Cena2SD!

Listen their is lots to dislike about
    Cena but the one thing I love about him in all the burying that HHH does on RAW the one man he cant use politics on is Cena, because Vince will never let Stephanies husband go over him clean and I know it probaby infuriates Hunter. Thats more than enough reason to keep Cena on RAW;) MI must admit seing Hunter doing the job to Cena s making me quite happy.:)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Can't see it he's meant to have a summer long feud with HHH. Though it would be refreshing to have Cena back on SD...

Yea, thats what I thought too, but we also thought Cena wouldn't be able to return for nearly a year after he was injured and he was only out for 4 months.

Yea, thats what I thought too, but we also thought Cena wouldn't be able to return for nearly a year after he was injured and he was only out for 4 months.

Touche:pac:

There is nothing I would like more than a Cena/ Edge summer program on SD and a Jeff Hardy/ HHH summer program on Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

What about Edge to RAW - He is the biggest heel in WWE at present and should be on No. 1 show

I would love to see an Edge / Orton feud at some stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

JP Liz wrote: »
    What about Edge to RAW - He is the biggest heel in WWE at present and should be on No. 1 show

I would love to see an Edge / Orton feud at some stage

The plan for Summerslam is Taker/Edge

Save_us.Cena2SD!

Not happening

An Edge/ Orton feud would be awesome. I think though that Edge is the face of SD now, it would leave a major hole in SD if he was drafted to Raw. Randy Orton going to SD though is a strong possibility, he is still eligible even though he's injured.

rovert wrote: »
    Not happening

Proof?

Proof?

The real wrestling media hasnt reported it.

• Advertisement

The real wrestling media hasnt reported it.

What? Does Alvarez need to email you personally before you'll believe it? Wrestlezone.com have been fairly reliable over the past few months and with SmackDown moving to another network soon, they are gonna need star power to launch successfully. Since guys like Hunter and Shawn Michaels not wanting to move, Cena is the right guy to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

What? Does Alvarez need to email you personally before you'll believe it? Wrestlezone.com have been fairly reliable over the past few months and with SmackDown moving to another network soon, they are gonna need star power to launch successfully. Since guys like Hunter and Shawn Michaels not wanting to move, Cena is the right guy to move.

Those sites are only ever reliable when they copy stuff off the Observer or the Torch or whatever. Someone was close to arguing with me here a few months ago because I doubted the credibility of a report on one of those sites that said Edge would be out of action for a few months

Who mentioned Alverez? Anyway whoever reported this news actually misheard Bryan on Wrestling Observer Live when he was discussing it. Qualtiy reporting from Wrestlezone.com.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Those sites are only ever reliable when they copy stuff off the Observer or the Torch or whatever.

He wouldnt know that as it is obvious he doesnt read them if he has to resort to Wrestlezone.com.

Fozzy wrote: »
    Those sites are only ever reliable when they copy stuff off the Observer or the Torch or whatever. Someone was close to arguing with me here a few months ago because I doubted the credibility of a report on one of those sites that said Edge would be out of action for a few months

Lucky escape eh?:pac:

I really doubt that Cena is going to SD, simply due to the HHH/ Cena program that has already started. I don't see that being a one month thing at all. Jeff Hardy on the other hand is a possibility, they seem to be keeping him loose at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Is the draft tonight, next week or the week after?

• Advertisement

Jeff Hardy on the other hand is a possibility, they seem to be keeping him loose at the moment.

In main events, oh he is buried, isnt he?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Is the draft tonight, next week or the week after?

June 23rd I think
    Originally posted by Rovert
    In main events, oh he is buried, isnt he?

Well since it's the B show, i'd have no qualms with him Main Eventing on SD:pac:

Well since it's the B show, i'd have no qualms with him Main Eventing on SD:pac:

He would as he is being added to the Cena/HHH feud in the Summer.

He would as he is being added to the Cena/HHH feud in the Summer.

That's weird I haven't heard that one, where is it written that this is the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

That's weird I haven't heard that one, where is it written that this is the case?

He jumped out of the ring and planted the HHH and Cena at the same time at the end of Raw last week so it's pretty much a given he's being added to their program imo

orestes wrote: »
    He jumped out of the ring and planted the HHH and Cena at the same time at the end of Raw last week so it's pretty much a given he's being added to their program imo

Well, I saw that intervention a different way so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, I saw that intervention a different way so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

What way? He got the better of two main eventers.

It was a Raw Main Event where they didn't want to have Cena and HHH in the same ring and at the same time it was an opportunity to keep Hardy in the loop by taking both of them out.

I'm not saying it's fact that Jeff Hardy is going to SD, personally I'd like to see him stay on Raw, all I'm saying is that it is possible. He is not exclusively a part of this feud yet, at least not until Night of Champions is over where it is Cena v HHH.

It was a Raw Main Event where they didn't want to have Cena and HHH in the same ring and at the same time it was an opportunity to keep Hardy in the loop by taking both of them out.

You are hardly seeing it a different way then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The show closed with one guy took out the champion and the number one contender at the same time and them still being on the ground when he got his hand raised in the ring.

Not putting him in the program now makes both HHH and Cena look weak

• Advertisement

He wouldnt know that as it is obvious he doesnt read them if he has to resort to Wrestlezone.com.

I actually subscribe to F4W (and The Observer now as a result of the merger), but not having as much free time as you appear to have, I look up these recap sites to save time.

Also, you can leave out this whole 'better than me' sh*te your trying to pull with the sentence I quoted. It only degrades you and makes people like VR hate people who sign up to F4W or The Observer.

Also, you can leave out this whole 'better than me' sh*te your trying to pull with the sentence I quoted. It only degrades you and makes people like VR hate people who sign up to F4W or The Observer.

Pardon?

You are hardly seeing it a different way then

I am seeing things a different way, I don't think a Hardy/ Cena/ HHH feud is set in stone, far from it in my opinion.
    Originally posted by orestes
    The show closed with one guy took out the champion and the number one contender at the same time and them still being on the ground when he got his hand raised in the ring.

Not putting him in the program now makes both HHH and Cena look weak

You know it's funny Rovert and Orestes, but I just checked out the Raw Spoilers and guess who Jeff Hardy was facing?
    He fought Carlito, so it really sounds as if he's in that title program;)........

Last nights Raw threw up one interetsing thing. Wonder how it will effect the Draft, if at all.
    Raw spoiler:
    Lance Cade in the main event?! Where'd he come out of?! Good addition though. What do people make of this - I'm never very good at reading these situations? Is it just a way of stating he's here as a sinlges competitor, or might it suggest an alliance (tag teach) with Jericho?

I am seeing things a different way, I don't think a Hardy/ Cena/ HHH feud is set in stone, far from it in my opinion.

Your opinion, which counts for? Very little going by my previous run ins with you.

You know it's funny Rovert and Orestes, but I just checked out the Raw Spoilers and guess who Jeff Hardy was facing?
    He fought Carlito, so it really sounds as if he's in that title program;)........

Looking at the result of that match they are keeping him strong in the very least, it was mooted that Hardy would be added to the Night of Champion's main event a week ago, this is now unlikely to happened. Hardy wasnt featured as they are saving him for next month and he didnt fit into their plans for the main matches on RAW ie
    jobbing Umaga out to Smackdown and putting steam on Y2J.

Your opinion, which counts for? Very little going by my previous run ins with you.

Classy.

Looking at the result of that match they are keeping him strong in the very least, it was mooted that Hardy would be added to the Night of Champion's main event a week ago, this is now unlikely to happened. Hardy wasnt featured as they are saving him for next month and he didnt fit into their plans for the main matches on RAW ie
    jobbing Umaga out to Smackdown and putting steam on Y2J.

I agree and I have a feeling, and again i'm not saying that it's fact, that they are keeping him on a strong path without actually cementing him in any feud so they still have the possibility of putting him on SD.

Either that, or as you said they are just keeping him on a run until Night of Champions is over so they can add him to Cena/ HHH.

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Last nights Raw threw up one interetsing thing. Wonder how it will effect the Draft, if at all.
    Raw spoiler:
    Lance Cade in the main event?! Where'd he come out of?! Good addition though. What do people make of this - I'm never very good at reading these situations? Is it just a way of stating he's here as a sinlges competitor, or might it suggest an alliance (tag teach) with Jericho?
    It's interesting alright, whether they actually put him in the ME or they are just putting him under Jericho's wing I don't know.

It would cool if Lance Cade was revealed as Dibiase's tag partner at NoC and a stable is created with Jericho as the mentor/ mouthpiece. But then again, maybe the whole point of Cade being seperated from Murdoch was to push Cade as a singles wrestler.

Classy.

Youve a well established history of not reading or at best misunderstanding
    other people's posts.

I agree and I have a feeling, and again i'm not saying that it's fact, that they are keeping him on a strong path without actually cementing him in any feud so they still have the possibility of putting him on SD.

Either that, or as you said they are just keeping him on a run until Night of Champions is over so they can add him to Cena/ HHH.

Way to hedge your bets here, LZ5by5. Your feeling incorrect as WWE doesnt book wrestlers like than if you are moving brands. They arent moving him to Smackdown.

Youve a well established history of not reading or at best misunderstanding other people's posts.

And you never miss an opportunity to air you persnal feelings towards me......
    Way to hedge your bets here, LZ5by5. Your feeling incorrect as WWE doesnt book wrestlers like than if you are moving brands. They arent moving him to Smackdown.

I forgot that you are an authority and in fact a part WWE creative rovert.

I'm not hedging my bets, it's just that I don't claim to have some sort of inside knowledge on what is definetly happening. I don't know the facts of what will happen in the draft, nobody does, all I am saying is that there are various scenarios that could play out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Cade is typical of the problem the WWE has in developing talent. The guy has the look and is decent in the ring but he has NO charisma at all. Mudoch was the star of that tag tem imo opinion. He's solid on the michas a nice, different in ring style but clearly he doesn't ook like a "superstar" so he'll never be pushed properly...

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Cade is typical of the problem the WWE has in developing talent. The guy has the look and is decent in the ring but he has NO charisma at all. Mudoch was the star of that tag tem imo opinion. He's solid on the michas a nice, different in ring style but clearly he doesn't ook like a "superstar" so he'll never be pushed properly...

Unfortunately that is the case in this image obsessed society....

I don't mind Murdoch, but he'll never make it. Guys who don't have the look can still make it, but they would have to ooze charisma, personify charisma. Dusty Rhodes is a prime example.

I forgot that you are an authority and in fact a part WWE creative rovert.

I'm not hedging my bets, it's just that I don't claim to have some sort of inside knowledge on what is definetly happening. I don't know the facts of what will happen in the draft, nobody does, all I am saying is that there are various scenarios that could play out.

I never said I was, informed yes, authority no. I have a far grasp on how WWE books people via years of observation.

If Jeff Hardy was moving you have heard about the possibility. It is not happening.

I never said I was, informed yes, authority no. I have a far grasp on how WWE books people via years of observation.

If Jeff Hardy was moving you have heard about the possibility. It is not happening.

I haven't followed it so closely but can you tell me if the following were reported on being strong possibilities before they happened;
    • Chris Benoit to ECW
    • Bobby Lashley and Ken Kennedy to Raw
    • John Cena to Raw and Batista to SD (a swap of Heavyweight Champions)
    • Triple H to SD, and then back to Raw for Booker T and the Dudleys

Chris Benoit to ECW

Yes
    Bobby Lashley and Ken Kennedy to Raw

Yes, Bobby was on Raw weeks and weeks before that and they wanted to promote Kennedy.
    John Cena to Raw and Batista to SD (a swap of Heavyweight Champions)

Yes, this was proposed months before hand.
    Triple H to SD, and then back to Raw for Booker T and the Dudleys

I dont remember. It was a means to an end and an ego stroke for Hunter,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 littlediablo

Just a place where we can bounce our ideas off each other people.....

I have a feeling the foolowing may happen

Ken Kennedy to SD

The creative team has done a good job in getting Kennedy going again. However I have a concern that there is only so far one can progress on Raw. It would be excellent to see Kennedy v Edge for the WHC at WM25,

Batista to Raw

There is not much left for Batista on SD and there are feuds such as JBL (as face), John Cena (as heel), Randy Orton (as face), and HHH (as heel) just waiting for him on Raw.

I have some more thoughts but first lets get the ball rolling. What are your opinions guys?
    cmpunk to raw

• Advertisement

Unfortunately that is the case in this image obsessed society....

I don't mind Murdoch, but he'll never make it. Guys who don't have the look can still make it, but they would have to ooze charisma, personify charisma. Dusty Rhodes is a prime example.

Yup. Agree with you and Pyjamarama.

Superstars 'need' an image in the same way a budding musician does. They need something that seperates them from the norm, something people can put into a box category, and either love or hate.

Wrestlers like SCSA, the Rock, Bret etc., all stick out in my mind as having a great image. You get bored of seeing the same thing week in week out. They're look (amongst other things) set them apart. They 'ooked' the part, is what Im trying to say!

Im not saying these superstars didnt have talent, just that they were more easily 'sell-able' with a good image. Of course image is not paramount to success, but it makes things a helluva lot easier to obtain it, if you have it!

cmpunk to raw

Funny you should say that
    On an interview they just aired before Raw in Canada, Vince discussed, as he usually says, that the fans are the ones who decide who gets the big pushes.

The interesting part is that he went on to mention CM Punk, and said that Punk is a very different individual, with his straight edge lifestyle, though very charismatic. He went on to say that Punk first one over the fans, but since then has won him over.

Just interesting to hear Punk be the only star that McMahon mentioned, and he put him over in a big way.

Mick Foley has said years ago that before you become superstar Vince MUST buy into to you. So expect big things for young Phillip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

What happened to the Cade/Murdoch feud???????

I think Jeff Hardy will be out of the title picture on RAW for awhile if the rumoured feud for the WWE title during the coming months is HHH/Cena (not really interested in seeing this)

Maybe Jeff will go to SD to feud with Edge for WHC title (or CM Punk, i 'd love to see these two feud)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Santino to Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Elijah Burke to RAW..I dont think it would happen but it would be good for RAW..He unlike Benjamin actually does have bags of talent and he actually has charisma..He would be a breath of fresh air to a deteriorating RAW..And if you knew anything about wrestling you'd know this guy is good

• Advertisement
Advertisement