Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

callaway92 wrote: »
    Elijah Burke to RAW..I dont think it would happen but it would be good for RAW

He is likely to move somewhere. But have you seen his new gimmick, yikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Elijah Burke to RAW..I dont think it would happen but it would be good for RAW..He unlike Benjamin actually does have bags of talent and he actually has charisma.

Seriously just because he has no gimmick Shelton is still a great performer who is just always forgotten.

Seriously just because he has no gimmick Shelton is still a great performer who is just always forgotten.

Great? Lets not go over board here.

I just think he is a better talent then half the roster.He just hasn't got that awesome gimmick to give him a deserved push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Rovert, can you just link him to the last thread about Benjamin's lack of talent to stop this one going down the drain as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JP Liz wrote: »
    What happened to the Cade/Murdoch feud???????

Feud? Cade beat him clean on Raw the other week. What is there to feud over now?

I just think he is a better talent then half the roster.He just hasn't got that awesome gimmick to give him a deserved push.

deserved push?
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Rovert, can you just link him to the last thread about Benjamin's lack of talent to stop this one going down the drain as well?

Can you do it? Thx

Well I thought this was a decent thread.I see already there is Shelton haters so I will just say he is better than Burke is.If you can't see that then I can't help you.Sorry

I see already there is Shelton haters

It has nothing to do with haters or any of that rubbish, it is about actual , documented, observable truths. He gets no reaction, uncharsmatic, cant cut a good promo and is not a disciplined worker. Read and reply the recent thread about this. He DESERVED a push for these reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with haters or any of that rubbish, it is about actual , documented, observable truths. He gets no reaction, uncharsmatic, cant cut a good promo and is not a disciplined worker. .
    But he can jump really high:pac:
    I dont think SD will get much star power, Vince has always looked down on it and with the rating slumps I think he will focus totally on Raw. I expect Umanga will be the highest profile SD draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I hope they give him a dramatic change on SD though..Im very sick of him. Umaga that is.

I hope they give him a dramatic change on SD though..Im very sick of him. Umaga that is.
    They should but they wont, I can see him squashing the likes of Jimmy Yo Yo and Moore and then being jobbed to the Undertaker and all the other top faces on the blue brand. :(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    But he can jump really high:pac:

Wow!You didn't make yourself out to be an attention seeking geek.No,not at all sir:rolleyes:

Wow!You didn't make yourself out to be an attention seeking geek.No,not at all sir:rolleyes:

Sure it is simplistic but it is truth when you boil it down.

Heh I was just agreeing with Rovert on Shelton. I mean the guy may be an a amazing athlete but that quality alone is nowhere near enough to be a good professional wrestler. The guy has zero charisma, is truly diabolical on the mic and relies on cheap spot monkey spots to keep fans interested in his matches.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Heh I was just agreeing with Rovert on Shelton. I mean the guy may be an a amazing athlete but that quality alone is nowhere near enough to be a good professional wrestler. The guy has zero charisma, is truly diabolical on the ring and relies on cheap spot monkey spots to keep fans interested in his matches.:)

Diabolical in the ring? You must be joking. Sure he has the charisma of Kenny Cunningham but he is an extremely talented wrestler as his time in Team Angle and his string of good performances from 2005 show. As for 'cheap spot monkey spots', you could say that about Jeff Hardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

As for 'cheap spot monkey spots', you could say that about Jeff Hardy.

Not in 2008. I find Shelton to be incredibly boring in the ring. People talk about how he "made" those MITB matches when all he really did was a couple of jumps. That doesn't make up for what he does every week on ECW. He'd better not move in the draft!

Diabolical in the ring? You must be joking. Sure he has the charisma of Kenny Cunningham but he is an extremely talented wrestler as his time in Team Angle and his string of good performances from 2005 show. As for 'cheap spot monkey spots', you could say that about Jeff Hardy.
    I meant to say diabolical on the mic! I edited it a few minutes after posting it when I read it back (cooking at the same time!). Yeah he's may not be in the likes of Snitsky and Henry league of rubbish, he's not much above them. The huge difference between him and Jeff is that Jeff actually can get the crowd to emotionally invest in a match which is essential for any wrestler. Shelton just jumps around performing spots and unsurprisingly nobody gives a damn about him and why the hell should they?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Shelton Benjamin pwns u.

Seriously though this might get me a bit of stick but I like Benny. I don't know I just love watching his matches (When he dosn't botch his moves) he is a sloppy wrestler and is rubbish on the mic (but improving) but the fact is I like watching his matches and thats really all that matters to me.

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    Not in 2008.

His huge momentum at the start of the year was on the back of two massive spots on Raw against Umaga and Orton.
    Fozzy wrote:
    I find Shelton to be incredibly boring in the ring. People talk about how he "made" those MITB matches when all he really did was a couple of jumps. That doesn't make up for what he does every week on ECW. He'd better not move in the draft!

I haven't seen him wrestle much this year but I can't say I've ever found him boring over the years. His couple of jumps were amazing jumps that few could have pulled off.
    Rjd2 wrote:
    Yeah he's may not be in the likes of Snitsky and Henry league of rubbish, he's not much above them.

Silly statement. His record in the WWE speaks for itself. I doubt the likes of Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho would agree with you.
    Rjd2 wrote:
    The huge difference between him and Jeff is that Jeff actually can get the crowd to emotionally invest in a match which is essential for any wrestler. Shelton just jumps around performing spots and unsurprisingly nobody gives a damn about him and why the hell should they?

Jeff obviously has more charisma but I think the primary reason no one cares about Shelton is because he's been saddled with crappy gimmicks. They put him on ECW and looked set to push him well but he was eliminated in pointless fashion in the Rumble and his momentum curtailed yet again.

He was in tremendous form in 2004, 2005 when the WWE were actually behind him and gave him that long IC title run. Check out a match he had at Backlash in 2005 with Chris Jericho for the IC belt. It's not very well known but it was a great match and Benjamin was terrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

One wrestler definitely not changing brands is Shawn Michaels. Michaels regularly attends Wednesday morning church services back home. Michaels doesn't like working Tuesday night shows, which is why he isn't moving to SmackDown, and probably never will.

Its a shame i'd like to see HBK on SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JP Liz wrote: »
    Its a shame i'd like to see HBK on SD

Hmmm....someone brought that up either here or a different forum that I am on. It's a real shame. That reduces yet again another possibility of eradicating Raw's stale main event...

So tonight's the night, anyone watching it live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I will be, just because I have no sky plus and there will hopefully be a podcast tomorrow about the draft and other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yep, I'm watching it live. It starts at 1 instead of 2 tonight though doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Yep it starts at 1am. So anyone want to give their last 2 cents on it? I'm at the least pretty sure of

CM Punk to SD

Batista to Raw

I think the most unpredictable draft is that of MVP. There are people such as HBK & HHH that we know won't be going anywhere (99.9% sure anyway). MVP is a definite mover. At first I thought it might be Raw, but now with the reports lately of him going to ECW, I just can't call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

I'm gonna try and stay up,well @ least until i see the first pick and judge from there what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

check the ads for the survivor series tour....The RAW ad probably gives away some spoilers for the draft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

ec18 wrote: »
    check the ads for the survivor series tour....The RAW ad probably gives away some spoilers for the draft

have u links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

www.f4wonline.com
    RAW BACKSTAGE NOTE

By Dave Meltzer
    Rey Mysterio was called in at somewhat the last minute from promotional work in Mexico and told he needed to be at Raw, and he's there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ok, I figured that since I'm staying up to watch this live I'd start a thread on it and update it as each draft pick is done. Don't read it unless you want to know what happens, spoilers ahoy for Raw itself and the draft.

Seems like they are doing some kind of draft by match thing.The matches are between superstars from seperate brands and the winner of the match earns a pick for his brand. The draft pick is then done randomly from the rosters of the two other brands.

First match is HHH -vs- Mark Henry. HHH wins.

Rey Mysterio is drafted from sd to Raw

Next match is Finlay & Hornswaggle - vs Carlito & Santino. Finlay & Hornswaggle win.

Edge -vs- Cena. Cena wins by count out.

Batista drafted to Raw

Jeff Hardy drafted to sd

Holly & Rhodes -vs- Chavo & Neely. Holly & Rhodes win.

CM Punk drafted to Raw

Morrison & The Miz -vs- the Hardy Boyz. Morrison & The Miz win.

Matt Hardy drafted to ECW

A 15 man tri-brand battle royale has just been announced for during the show. Each brand has 5 men, winning team gets 2 draft picks.

Mickie James & Melina -vs- Victoria & Natalya Neidhart. Match is a double dq, so both Raw and sd get a draft pick.

Only announcers, ring announcers and commentators are eligible to be drafted after this match.

Jim Ross drafted to sd (personal note: WHAT THE FUKK?!)

Michael Cole drafted to Raw (another personal note: SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUKK?!)

MVP -vs- Tommy Dreamer. MVP wins.

Umaga drafted to sd.

JBL -vs- Kofi Kingston. JBL wins.

Kane drafted to Raw

Battle Royale

Team members

Raw: HHH, Cena, Batista, Kane, CM Punk

ECW: Miz, Morrison, Matt Hardy, Benjamin, Chavo

sd: Big Show, Khali, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Edge

Winning team? Smackdown (Edge as sole survivor)

Mr. Kennedy drafted to sd

HHH drafted to sd

At the end of the show as Vince was making a call to give away some money there were what seemed to be rifle shots. The first volley took out some stage settings. The second volley took out the podium Vince was at and seemed to hit him and cause him to fall off the stage. The third volley caused the light rig beside where Vince had landed to fall over and land on him. Wrestlers and riggers tried to lift the rig off Vince and he was eventually pulled out on a stretcher while telling HHH (who he called by his real name Paul) that he couldn't feel his legs. This might not be a 100% accurate account though, as I wasn't paying much attention cos I hate those money give-away segments.

So, final draft results:

Rey to Raw
    Jeff to SD
    CM Punk to Raw
    Matt Hardy to ECW
    JR to SD
    Cole to Raw
    Batista to Raw
    Umaga to SD
    Kane to Raw
    Kennedy to SD
    HHH to SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

rey to raw

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Did anyone cop the expression on HHH's face when it was announced Rey was coming to Raw. It was like " mmm fresh meat to squash". He was almost licking his lips. Lol.

Rey to Raw huh? Interesting. So here's next week's hilarious backstage segment then...

Rey: Hey Hunter.

HHH: Hey kids aren't allowed back here. Oh wait it's you Rey! (laughs stupidly) Hey I'm just playing man. It's good to have you on the A show.

Rey: Thanks man.

Good times ahead for you Rey! Honest! :pac:

BOW DOWN TO THE....BOW DOWN TO THE KING!

Edit: Just saw LF's post. I know how that guy's mind works clearly cos I'm not even watching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Jeff to SD.

Rey to Raw huh? Interesting. So here's next week's hilarious backstage segment then...

Rey: Hey Hunter.

HHH: Hey kids aren't allowed back here. Oh wait it's you Rey! (laughs stupidly) Hey I'm just playing man. It's good to have you on the A show.

Rey: Thanks man.

Good times ahead for you Rey! Honest! :pac:

BOW DOWN TO THE....BOW DOWN TO THE KING!

Edit: Just saw LF's post. I know how that guy's mind works clearly cos I'm not even watching!

You almost got it right, lol! Add Cena appearing and remove the kids bit and you got it, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

CM Punk to Raw was very much expected I think. Somewhat surprised that Jeff is gone to SD, although, did just read an interview in which he said he wouldn't mind going to SD because he would have Fridays off and cos Matt is there (well for now anyway).

I thought we were gonna see Lance Cade go all HBCade there for a minute :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

WTF was that with HBK hitting his head off the table and crying like a baby.

I was expecting him to get and scm chris jericho

It was utter tripe, and my first night watching this in about 6 months!:mad:

At least the hardys are back

Matt to ECW after he and Jeff lost to Morrison and Miz....thought that would happen at some point.

Well, I'll be damned! I like the new announce teams, but I don't think JR does, lol :p
    Seriously, I hope King will turn heel now and the RAW announce team will be good, really good again. As for JR, he will be missed from RAW, but him and Foley should be good together. My only gripe with it is that it looked soooooooooooo fake! But I guess there was no better way to do it.

Damn, JR looks pissed off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

WTF?! Jim Ross on SD just isn't right. I usually only watch RAW and now I'm gonna have to listen to Michael Cole on RAW every week! Sooooooo annoyed about this.

Minto wrote: »
    Well, I'll be damned! I like the new announce teams, but I don't think JR does, lol :p
    Seriously, I hope King will turn heel now and the RAW announce team will be good, really good again. As for JR, he will be missed from RAW, but him and Foley should be good together. My only gripe with it is that it looked soooooooooooo fake! But I guess there was no better way to do it.

Damn, JR looks pissed off!

Certainly seemed to come as a shock to him, he wasn't pleased at all! Cole just got up before it was even announced he was going to Raw lol.

WTF?! Jim Ross on SD just isn't right. I usually only watch RAW and now I'm gonna have to listen to Michael Cole on RAW every week! Sooooooo annoyed about this.

Could be worse, you could have had to listen to Adamle :p

Whats with all the Cole hate? He isn't that bad, plus King should be able to carry him a bit.

Wait, JR got traded?!

Cole just got up before it was even announced he was going to Raw lol.

Lol, I think he was just being nice to JR, as he prob thought JR would pass out or something from the shock!

Wait, JR got traded?!

Yes he did! Can't wait until tomorrow to see if he quits. Not that I want him to, but just cos he looks so pissed off!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

what makes you think he didnt already know

Minto wrote: »
    Lol, I think he was just being nice to JR, as he prob thought JR would pass out or something from the shock!

That was probably the case alright lol.

Batista to Raw

• Advertisement

chdpoker wrote: »
    what makes you think he didnt already know

The look on his face! JR is good, but he ain't that great of an actor IMO. Also, all but the very cream of the crop where told if they were changing and I don't think Vince holds JR in that high a regard. I could be wrong, but I don't think so ;)

Advertisement