Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Draft so far:

Rey to Raw
    Jeff to SD
    CM Punk to Raw
    Matt Hardy to ECW
    JR to SD
    Cole to Raw
    Batista to Raw
    Umaga to SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm starting to wonder if they will draft Cena after all. I actually think I'd watch SD again if they did! Earlier today, I thought WWE will never draft Cena now, cos it was leaked, but after seeing Batista and Umaga (the 2 other rumored/leaked draft picks) get drafted, I'm starting to think they just might.

Oh for f*ck sake, another RAW draft pick? and Kane? WTF? WWE are shaking things up all right, just totally ****ing it up! I'm now thinking SD will win the battle royal and draft Y2J and Cena!

Minto wrote: »
    Oh for f*ck sake, another RAW draft pick? and Kane? WTF? WWE are shaking things up all right, just totally ****ing it up! I'm now thinking SD will win the battle royal and draft Y2J and Cena!

Yeah, I was thinking SD would win aswell. Don't think Jericho would be drafted though because of his feud with HBK. I think Cena will be drafted to SD though, would probably help ratings.

Yeah, I was thinking SD would win aswell. Don't think Jericho would be drafted though because of his feud with HBK. I think Cena will be drafted to SD though, would probably help ratings.

The only reason I think Jericho will be drafted is because the other two mid-card titles swapped shows, so it kinda makes sense. Kinda!

• Advertisement

Mr Kennedy & Triple H to SD!!

...and it looks like Vince has found a way of getting out of giving away his money every week. Let's hope it's nothing like the 'Who killed Mr. McMahon' storyline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

right i have been watching this tonight and what the **** was all that about at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jr, Jeff and HHH on smackdown now, that might make it almost watchable.

Fcuk the HHHaters! Now tell me Hunter won't go to the B-show!! This really sucks as he's my fave wrestler and I never catch SmackDown!, but hey at least it was a shock! They'll prob do something to keep him on RAW like make the loser of the WWE title match at Night of Champions goes to SD or something like that!

As for Vince, whats the betting that the Macfamily are pissed he is giving away their money and tried to bump him off? Pity HHH prob isn't gonna be around for that storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fcuk the HHHaters! Now tell me Hunter won't go to the B-show!! This really sucks as he's my fave wrestler and I never catch SmackDown!, but hey at least it was a shock! They'll prob do something to keep him on RAW like make the loser of the WWE title match at Night of Champions goes to SD or something like that!

As for Vince, whats the betting that the Macfamily are pissed he is giving away their money and tried to bump him off? Pity HHH prob isn't gonna be around for that storyline.
    Yeah I say Ege is over the moon to work with Super Hunter:pac:
    SD done well with the draft, a main event scene of Edge, Kennedy,MVP Jeff, Taker and Umaga could be fun.Matt moving is vey odd, their was lots of good stuff they could have done with him and Jeff and Edge on that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fcuk the HHHaters! Now tell me Hunter won't go to the B-show!!

Draft split - 2002. Present day - 2008. Great point, Minto! ;)

Plus as we've seen in the past, Triple H drafted to Smackdown doesn't mean he ends up there

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'm going to allow myself to believe that it DOES mean SuperHunter the destroyer is out of here and that I can now watch Raw again! Huzzah! Thank goodness for that!

Now all we need is for the future of the WWE, aka John Cena, to take back his property, aka the WWE Title, from the sycophantic son-in-law and normality will be restored to the wrestling world (not sure about the ending of Raw but I'll ignore that).

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

God help Edge and co. on Smackdown though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Quick synopsis of the draft: ECW is pretty much fukked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

To Rovert
    Jeff Hardy to SD! Who said it had no chance of happening eh?:p;)
    I have to say well done to the WWE, they really shook things up in tonight's draft. However I will be surprised if HHH to SD is a permanent fixture.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I have to say well done to the WWE, they really shook things up in tonight's draft. However I will be surprised if HHH to SD is a permanent fixture.

Aw don't say that! :(

Aw don't say that! :(

Agreed. If they want Smackdown to get ratings this is definately a step forward, although I suspect you reasons for wanting him there are a little bit different to mine

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Yeah I don't think HHH will last long on SD,JR was a big shock....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

orestes wrote: »
    Quick synopsis of the draft: ECW is pretty much fukked

they lost kane, meh and punk who seems to spend most of his time these days in tags or on raw anyway so not much lost there either

now they can push shelton, kofi, burke, sydal

edit: actually they didn't lose either kane or punk as ECW will be taped before raw starting in july

So who are gong to be the top heels and faces now on Raw?
    Heels: Randy Orton, Batista and Chris Jericho

Faces: John Cena, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk

That should work. As for SD, something tells me that this show is going to give Raw a real run for its money now.

orestes wrote: »
    Agreed. If they want Smackdown to get ratings this is definately a step forward, although I suspect you reasons for wanting him there are a little bit different to mine

Well if they want Smackdown to get ratings then perhaps they shouldn't invest too much hope in a WWE champion who drew a 3.0 rating two weeks ago! :pac:

Edit: And just in case anyone's interested, this time a year ago - when Cena was champion - Raw was doing a 3.8.

Well if they want Smackdown to get ratings then perhaps they shouldn't invest too much hope in a WWE champion who drew a 3.0 rating two weeks ago! :pac:

Edit: And just in case anyone's interested, this time a year ago - when Cena was champion - Raw was doing a 3.8.
    I shared your joy in getting rid of Hunter from Raw, but the huge flipside is he will destroy a potentially decent main event scene on SD.Its a pity they could have put him on ECW or something:p Anyways I say the thoughts going through Edge and Chris Jericho will be interesting right now:D

• Advertisement

I think that had more to do with the whole Raw being stale thing, and god kn ows I am sick to hell of seeing HHH Cena and Orton fight amongst themselves for the title. This gives wwe a whole lot of breathing space. opening up new feuds on Raw and bringing a massive amount of interest to sd, cos like it or not a shed load of people are HHH fans and will watch to see him.

Nobody expected him to go to sd, so that will draw them some viewers from the people who only watch Raw just to see what happens with him on sd. I haven't watched sd in years, but will probably watch it now that HHH is on there, at least for a few weeks just to see what happens. Say what you like about the guy and his backstage politics (and I agree with a lot of your points on that) but you can't argue against the fact that the guy is a massive focus of interest for wwe fans and people will watch the show to see him.

To Rovert

Erm no need to hide you text! Its a spoilers thread;)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I shared your joy in getting rid of Hunter from Raw, but the huge flipside is he will destroy a potentially decent main event scene on SD.Its a pity they could have put him on ECW or something:p Anyways I say the thoughts going through Edge and Chris Jericho will be interesting right now:D

Oh yeah you're right about that. I haven't watched SD regularly for a long time though so I can't say I'm too bothered. I'm sure Edge and Y2J are gutted though.
    orestes wrote:
    I think that had more to do with the whole Raw being stale thing, and god kn ows I am sick to hell of seeing HHH Cena and Orton fight amongst themselves for the title. This gives wwe a whole lot of breathing space. opening up new feuds on Raw and bringing a massive amount of interest to sd, cos like it or not a shed load of people are HHH fans and will watch to see him.

Nobody expected him to go to sd, so that will draw them some viewers from the people who only watch Raw just to see what happens with him on sd. I haven't watched sd in years, but will probably watch it now that HHH is on there, at least for a few weeks just to see what happens. Say what you like about the guy and his backstage politics (and I agree with a lot of your points on that) but you can't argue against the fact that the guy is a massive focus of interest for wwe fans and people will watch the show to see him.

Don't you think he's a big part of Raw being stale though? Instead of going with the younger generation they are relying on the old guard more and more. I don't think he will do much for SD's ratings. I suspect you're right that they'll get a post-draft boost but I'd say within about 3 weeks they'll revert back to the usual rating.

I'd be more interested to see if Raw gets a long-term boost without him around since he's been such a regular on the show. If it does, that's going to be very hard for him to have to swallow.

Don't you think he's a big part of Raw being stale though? Instead of going with the younger generation they are relying on the old guard more and more. I don't think he will do much for SD's ratings. I suspect you're right that they'll get a post-draft boost but I'd say within about 3 weeks they'll revert back to the usual rating.

I'd be more interested to see if Raw gets a long-term boost without him around since he's been such a regular on the show. If it does, that's going to be very hard for him to have to swallow.

Yeah I think he is a major part if Raw being stale, that's one reason why I think it's a good thing for him to be off the show. Him being gone opens up new feuds for Raw and totally changes the title scene for the better because it will give other guys a chance to make an impact.

HHH on sd is a win win as far as I can tell. It's good for Raw because it free's up the field. It's good for sd because they have gotten one of the biggest draws in the company and will bring them good viewer numbers at a crucial time as they are changing networks. Even though Raw is the flagship show HHH is a big enough draw to at least bring enough viewers to sd to give the show a chance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

To Rovert

In fairness that was seven days ago and alot of these decisions were made last minute. Not to mention the long term plan of Cena/HHH wont be happening. I more right than wrong in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

On Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said JR was crushed with the decision with one of the reasons being it adds to his work load with the extra travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

rossie1977 wrote: »
    edit: actually they didn't lose either kane or punk as ECW will be taped before raw starting in july

Even though ECW and Raw will be taped on the same day, there's nothing yet to suggest that the two shows will share talent. The SD-ECW talent happened because of an on screen agreement between Vickie and Estrada. That's not necessarily gonna transfer over to Raw. I'd imagine there'd have to be a similar agreement between Vickie and Raw for the two shows to feature each other's talent. There's a good chance ECW and Raw will each stick to their own separate brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Even though ECW and Raw will be taped on the same day, there's nothing yet to suggest that the two shows will share talent.

I bet they will. Maybe not intially but they have the option to do it and they'll take it eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

So for the moment the two heavyweight belts are on smackdown?

With Batista moving to Raw, and HHH moving to Smackdown its almost certain that there will be a title change this Sunday?

Unless of course they change the HHH v Cena match to include a loser goes to smackdown angle. Makes smackdown interesting this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well it cant be said they didnt shake things up a bit, HHH to the B-show, has hell frozen over? although they might change that decision yet at night of champions,it was a bit stupid to do the draft before a ppv as now the results are pretty obvious, unless they totally mess with people and have 2 champs on smackdown

krudler wrote: »
    Well it cant be said they didnt shake things up a bit, HHH to the B-show, has hell frozen over? although they might change that decision yet at night of champions,it was a bit stupid to do the draft before a ppv as now the results are pretty obvious, unless they totally mess with people and have 2 champs on smackdown

Not that obvious if they leave the matches as they are and dont add in a loser goes to smackdown stipulation to the HHH v Cena match. If the matches are left as they are either Cena or Batista will be winning. Who knows which one? If anything it puts them more in doubt in my mind as I would have had Edge and HHH winning on Sunday but now you would think one of them has to lose.

It will only become obvious after after one of the matches has taken place i.e if Edge beats Batista then you could prob guarantee that Cena will beat HHH, if Batista beats Edge then you could prob guarantee that HHH will beat Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i think Raw came out bad

they got 2 wasters that couldn't wrestle them selves out of a box

Batista and Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

krudler wrote: »

I 2nd that, i found it pointless to have the draft a week before Night of Champions! Load og ball@x me thinks, Triple H will be back on Raw, Cena will stay put, Their's Raw leading Babyface's and i don't think Vince wouldn't like to see his son in law on Smackdown

rovert wrote: »
    In fairness that was seven days ago and alot of these decisions were made last minute. Not to mention the long term plan of Cena/HHH wont be happening. I more right than wrong in this thread.

Ah i'm just messing with you, it's no big deal.

Anyway, any possibility that the Undertaker was behind Vince's "injuries" last night? It could lead to a nice heel move where he's just evil for the sake of being evil, much like his ministry run. All he has to do to turn heel in the kido's eyes is put Mysterio in that dumb submission move and make him bleed. I can honestly see kids crying at that.

Jim Ross was legitimately not happy with his move to SD! as evident by his facial expressions. Michael Cole was more shocked than anything and seemed to feel bad for good ole' J.R. You could also tell Mick was really taken off guard by it as well.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Huge_Backstage_RAW_News_JR_Pissed_Drafts_Myst.shtml

They honestly did look shocked. I don't really think that the teams needed to be changed, but I think both will work out well, especially Mick/ JR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can see Taker moving to Raw, mainly now that HHH is on SD, can't see the two of them on the same show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Wasnt Vince telling the first winner they had the wrong password hilarious

Also what were the odds a person in the arena would actually win?

Some predictable drafts but some real surprises such as the announce team changes HHH to Raw whether he stays there this time remains to be seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Awesome draft imo.
    What are the main events going to be?
    HHH - Edge?
    Cena - Batista?

And does this mean that Cena will obviusly beat HHH and take that belt back to Raw and similar for Kane and Big Show?

Anyway, I might aswell put the draft up for people to look at and discuss more easily:

Raw:
    CM Punk
    Kane
    Batista
    Rey Mysterio
    Michael Cole

Smackdown!:
    Jeff Hardy
    HHH
    Umaga
    Mr. Kennedy
    Jim Ross

ECW:
    Matt Hardy.

The two belts could be combined on SD for another undisputed championship type thing. Great way to get rid of that 'spinner' belt, if you ask me.
    Then another belt could be made for Raw. Shake up that scene, give everyone a shot at it and get a new #1 contender.

Unlikely to happen though I reckon, as I can see Cena taking it back Sunday.

• Advertisement

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    The two belts could be combined on SD for another undisputed championship type thing. Great way to get rid of that 'spinner' belt, if you ask me.
    Then another belt could be made for Raw. Shake up that scene, give everyone a shot at it and get a new #1 contender.

Why break the lineage of a title for no good reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jimmy McMurtry

Mayb I missd sumtin but why does Undertaker & Triple H nt want to be on the same show?

Mayb I missd sumtin but why does Undertaker & Triple H nt want to be on the same show?

They dont personally hate each eventhough the internet says they do. It is more of a competitive and political rivaly. HHH didnt **** Takers ma or anything.

Unlikely to happen though I reckon, as I can see Cena taking it back Sunday.

If they make another belt on Raw that kind of ruins the undisputed tile no? either way I dont think it will happen, I say that spinner belt has made alot of money for the WWE even though I hate it.

Unless the move the WHC to Raw with Batista, Cena wins that, then he "pimps" that like he did the WWE and US titles, and the WWE have another money winner.

Yeah,fair enough, but isn't that belt's new-ish anyway?
    And what's tradition got to do with anything, sure?

Yeah,fair enough, but isn't that belt's new-ish anyway?
    And what's tradition got to do with anything, sure?

Belts do need to mean something you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

interesting Draft, I havent seen the show yet so i might be missing out on a few things.

The commenty teams changing surprised me a lot , though i didnt think foley and cole worked at all well with each other.

I really expected MPV to move given the story over the last few weeks.

Umaga should have been drafted out the door imo.

smackdown swapping one Hardy for another not sure how I feel about that.

CM punk to raw is interesting - maybe he'll put the money in the back to use now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

One thing i don't get; why would RAW PICK Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tauren wrote: »
    One thing i don't get; why would RAW PICK Kane?

They dont pick them..Its all a "random lottery"..Luck of the draw if you will..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

JR was pissed off with having to go to SmackDown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement