Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2008 WWE draft ***RAW SPOILERS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rey to Raw - Expected
    Jeff to SD - Thought
    CM Punk to Raw - Thought
    Matt Hardy to ECW -
    JR to SD - Shocked
    Cole to Raw - Shocked
    Batista to Raw - Expected
    Umaga to SD - Couldnt care where he goes
    Kane to Raw - Thought
    Kennedy to SD - Thought
    HHH to SD - Shocked didnt think he would move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyways draft talk
    ECW
    Their seems to be a few people pissed of about this lot not doing great in the draft and I have to say I have little pity for them. Punk’s booking over the last few months was absurdly stupid, I actually think it was only a matter of time before he was jobbing to Mike Knox. Kane is a loss but I expect Show will go over their full time anyway. Matt is a solid addition, and I could see him as quite a credible CEW Champion. He and Morrison could have some classic matches as well. Also on Miz and Morrison I am glad to see them on ECW, they get lots of time on that show and I don’t want to see them get squashed on the other two shows. I can see a few people like Cody and Lance going over in a few months so I don’t think they will struggle long term out of it.
    RAW
    I don’t know what on earth they plan to with Kane, nobody really needs to see him stink up the flag time show which sadly he will as he’s so dangerously bad in the rings these days. Rey for Jeff and Batista for HHH is a like for like swap. The loss of JR is interesting, personally I thought King was more deserving of a demotion, but I suppose if it freshens up both shows then it is a good thing. Punk I imagine is delighted to get out of ECW, because I cant imagine its possible for RAW to book him as bad as ECW.
    Smackdown
    They needed a kind draft with the network switch and they got it. Rey and Batista were stale on SD,so neither are a massive loss. A main event of Jeff, MVP., Kennedy, HHH, Edge and Umaga could be very solid. I am glad as well that MVP did not get drafted as I feared he would end up lost like Kennedy last year. I don’t know if Super Hunter will stay on the show, from reports Edge for understandable reasons does not want to work with him. I wonder if Orton and Jericho have stopped smiling at the thought of being free from regular Hunter burials!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

kennedy to sd?! ah come one, the guy was just starting to get a push again as a babyface and now hes over to the b team! ......actually wih jr headin over then maybe they are tryin to increase the reputation of sd-make it a better show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

kennedy to sd?! ah come one, the guy was just starting to get a push again as a babyface

it really wasnt working though, was it?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So who are gong to be the top heels and faces now on Raw?
    Heels: Randy Orton, Batista and Chris Jericho

Faces: John Cena, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk

That should work. As for SD, something tells me that this show is going to give Raw a real run for its money now.

Is Batista a heel now????

I'm surprised at HHH and JR going to SD

JP Liz wrote: »

Nah, but he is going that direction as it has been teased and teased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Not yet. In the future, I'd imagine it's quite likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm surprised at HHH and JR going to SD

I meant that I think Batista will end up being a heel and we will eventually see a Cena/ Batista feud.

HHH was a real shock. When SD got the two draft picks I thought to myself Kennedy and Cena (When I started this thread I said Kennedy to SD). Never would have thought HHH would agree to go to SD, and I am still pessimistic about how it will end up.

JR going was a surprise. But JR/ Foley has the potential to be the best commentary team ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just finished watching Raw there and have a few thoughts. Most of the matches were craptastic and not worth watching at all. Edge Cena was decent but they have had better.

As for the draft, it was fantastic. Every roster got what it needed so fair play to the heads of the WWE. They don't get much credit but they should get it when they deserve it.

ECW did fine in the draft. They kept the only reason I can imagine people watch it, The Miz and Morrison (who I was delighted to see the WWE put over the Hardyz) and for once, a star who wasn't in the death knells of his carrer in Matt. The roster is far too overpopulated for a one hour show anyway. It needed to shed some loose weight but I wish they had given one of their roster a rub over Kane. Both the Miz, Morrison and Burke could have done with a clean win.

Raw got what it needed as well. For all the people who are saying what does Raw gain from getting Kane in the draft, it gains a monster which means no more Snitsky et all. Raw was in dire need of one and now it got it. It should also have a very fresh and exciting midcard now. Can't see the likes of Rey, Kane and Punk competing for the main belt so I'd expect Jericho and HBK to be pushed up to the top. Also, I think one thing that shouldn't be overlooked is that Batista vs. Cena is now a near lock for Wrestlemania 25

Smackdown were the clear winners though. They lost the stale Batista and got the 2nd and 3rd biggest draws in the WWE in Hardy and HHH. They have the best heel with Edge and now have one of the best on the mic in Kennedy. Big Show and MVP still add an awful lot to the show so I think it could easily be argued that Smackdown finally has a roster with the talent and star power to rival Raw's in years. Even J.R. adds a bit of star power when compared to Cole (although in my opinion, Cole is better now)

Also, a few general thoughts regarding the title situation. One of the things to smooth Hunters move over could have been that he would get to keep the number 1 belt if he moved. I'd expect a belt swap this Sunday, with the Heavyweight title going to Raw and the WWE going to SD. Also, has anybody realised that the ECW title is staying away from ECW regardless. Kane on Raw and the Big Show on Smackdown and they were adament that the title situation would stay the way it was originally. And if Henry is challenging after the PPV, it looks like the titles (US and ECW) have swapped for good meaning a possible return for the Hardcore title in the shape of the ECW one. I see no other reason for a swap.

Regardless, Sundays PPV just got a whole lot more appealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Threads merged as the discussion was being duplicated

JR really doesn't sound happy about his switch on his site: http://www.jrsbarbq.com/2008/06/24/jr%e2%80%99s-post-draft-thoughts/#more-427 He says that he considered quitting after Raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »
    Threads merged as the discussion was being duplicated

JR really doesn't sound happy about his switch on his site: http://www.jrsbarbq.com/2008/06/24/jr%e2%80%99s-post-draft-thoughts/#more-427 He says that he considered quitting after Raw

He sounds really pissed.

He sounds so angry it makes me think it could be a work. I don't think it is though and I'm not sure if this could be the end for JR.....until they need him like they always do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Is the supplemental draft just a way to bring JR and SuperHunter back to RAW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

ec18 wrote: »
    Is the supplemental draft just a way to bring JR and SuperHunter back to RAW?

No its normally for mid card talent, and by the looks of this year ecw will get a few out of it.Well @ least i hope they do.

Anyone know when noon ET is over here?I know some parts of America are 5 hours behind

SD did best in the draft

HHH, Mr. Kennedy, Jeff Hardy all top draws

I'm still surprised that JR went to SD

The question now is will HHH and JR stay in SD??????

SD did best in the draft

HHH, Mr. Kennedy, Jeff Hardy all top draws

I'm still surprised that JR went to SD

The question now is will HHH and JR stay in SD??????

i think they will! like you said sd did the best in the draft, i think its a way to increase the reputation of SD so raw is no longer known as the A show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Looks like HHH will be staying on SD. he moved to spend more time with he Steph and the kids from what i've read. it will be interesting what they do with the titles. maybe Batista will bring the title after beating edge. cant see hunter dropping tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Looks like HHH will be staying on SD. he moved to spend more time with he Steph and the kids from what i've read. it will be interesting what they do with the titles. maybe Batista will bring the title after beating edge. cant see hunter dropping tbh

I think Hunter will drop and go straight after Edge.
    Top Face v Top Heel at summerslam.
    Hunter is more interested in the number of title reigns not the length of them.
    I say Cena wants his stupid spinner belt back to.

i think itll be a straight swap, champion (hhh) for champion (batista) tbh i would prefer that to happen rather than cena and edge holding the belts, ok edge i dont mind, he is a great heel and a good champ, but i would hate MegaCena to hold the title, he is Insufferable as it is imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jeffk wrote: »
    Anyone know when noon ET is over here?I know some parts of America are 5 hours behind

12.00 ET is 5pm here.

i think itll be a straight swap, champion (hhh) for champion (batista) tbh i would prefer that to happen rather than cena and edge holding the belts, ok edge i dont mind, he is a great heel and a good champ, but i would hate MegaCena to hold the title, he is Insufferable as it is imo!

Agreed

and theres the whole us and ecw title as well. i wonder what they'll o with them. it seems to obvious for Matt and Kane to drop on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No its normally for mid card talent, and by the looks of this year ecw will get a few out of it.Well @ least i hope they do.

Noon ET is 5pm here

5pm

I think Batista will be winning the title and the belts will swap shows. I think that would free up Edge to face Undertaker once at Summerslam and then he could go to Raw, which is where I imagine he'll end up

5pm

I think Batista will be winning the title and the belts will swap shows. I think that would free up Edge to face Undertaker once at Summerslam and then he could go to Raw, which is where I imagine he'll end up

id actually like to see a jeff/edge feud, but if edge doesnt drop there better be an edge/kennedy feud on the cards, id actually look forward to that!

Agreed

and theres the whole us and ecw title as well. i wonder what they'll o with them. it seems to obvious for Matt and Kane to drop on Sunday.

I don't know about Kane. ECW
    ECW will be taped before Raw soon enough so he'll be at the tapings and Big Show and Mark Henry will still be on Smackdown

And Chavo's still on ECW, so what good would Matt losing the title do? It'll still be on the same show. Unless Chavo gets drafted to Smackdown today, which is probably likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Us and ECW situation is really strange. I really doubt they'd draft Big Show to ECW because at the moment, he's really over and is looking good in the ring and needless to say they can't draft Kane so unless they have Henry beat Kane or the Big Show, which would be very odd in itself, I have no idea what will happen.

Is the supplemental draft today?

Thanks lads,next question will it be region locked or ppv or can we just go onto wwe.com around 5 and get to see it?

Thanks lads,next question will it be region locked or ppv or can we just go onto wwe.com around 5 and get to see it?

Last year they just put up a picture of the wrestler being drafted and a paragraph about them. They'd do one every five minutes or something like that

Last year they just put up a picture of the wrestler being drafted and a paragraph about them. They'd do one every five minutes or something like that

Ah cool ill have a look so cheers,did it run for like a few days the last time?

Ah cool ill have a look so cheers,did it run for like a few days the last time?

An hour I think. 12 picks

Yeah it is a gimmick to increase hits as people will keep on refreshing the page to see who is next.

• Advertisement

ah cool no point sitting lookin @ wwe.com so

rovert its kinda like your precious sites charging people to view em isn't it lol

ah cool no point sitting lookin @ wwe.com so

rovert its kinda like your precious sites charging people to view em isn't it lol

How?

At least if you are going to cheap shot me make it make sense.

rovert wrote: »
    How?

At least if you are going to cheap shot me make it make sense.

I'm not cheap shooting you personally.Just saying your knocking the wwe for using the on-line draft when you swear by companies that charge people for malformation they can acquire freely on most wrestling sites.

Anyways nuff said dont wanna ruin this thread.

Just saying your knocking the wwe for using the on-line draft

Where did I knock them?
    when you swear by companies that charge people for malformation they can acquire freely on most wrestling sites.

When have I swore by them, please provide quotes.

You do know most wrestling sites re-write and badly transcribe information from the subscription websites dont you? So if you never have subscribed to said websites you cant really comment on the quality of information due to the extent those other sites alter it.
    Anyways nuff said dont wanna ruin this thread.

Well you unjustly insulted me and I responded, you are the one at fault not me and I have reported you.

Don't drag this off topic. To say that what Meltzer writes is "malformation" isn't very informed though... It's the free sites who often make up their own news

And keep this in mind everyone for when you start claiming that rovert drags threads off topic and takes shots people. I don't see it like that

Ok back to draft,who do people see moving?

Ive a feeling Carlito and Kenny Dikstra will move to Ecw,after that im not sure.was it this draft where wwe went mad and moved sandman to raw?

Ok back to draft,who do people see moving?

Ive a feeling Carlito and Kenny Dikstra will move to Ecw,after that im not sure.was it this draft where wwe went mad and moved sandman to raw?

No reply to my post (#385), don’t see how you can attack me and get away with it. You are now looking for situations to misinterpretate what I mean for an excuse to post personal insults about me. There was no negative implication in what I said about WWE's website at all. Even if there was it wouldnt warrant the response you gave.

Lads take it to PM or report the posts.

Lads take it to PM or report the posts.

I have reported him as I said.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    I have reported him as I said.

Well then let the mods deal with it and let everyone else talk about the draft.

Well then let the mods deal with it and let everyone else talk about the draft.

I was talking about the draft and the nature of who WWE does the supplemental draft until I was insulted which resulted in the thread being take off topic.

supp draft guesses?

santino to smackdown
    noble to ecw
    Regal to ecw
    finlay and hornswaggle to raw
    murdoch to sd

supp draft guesses?

santino to smackdown
    noble to ecw
    Regal to ecw
    finlay and hornswaggle to raw
    murdoch to sd

Forgot all about regal,out of sight out of mind i guess.Hope he does go to ecw and do what benoit would have done.Love to see more regal heel wrestler than good ole english chappy comedy regal

SmackDown opens with Vickie Guerrero nearly in tears talking about Vince McMahon's "accident." She receives a lot of heat and wishes Vince well. She says she hopes he's not in a wheelchair. She announces new SmackDown color commentator, Jim Ross. He makes his way out to ringside as the crowd explodes!

* Triple H comes out to cut a promo. He gets a huge pop. Triple H welcomes Jim Ross to SmackDown by saying he is the best and he's glad he came with him. He the talks about Night of Champions. Edge comes out to interrupt him. He tells Triple H that they can get both get along. Hunter disagrees by saying that both have too big of egos and that Edge won't have the World Championship after Sunday's Night of Champions pay-per-view.

Edge combats by saying this is his house and that Triple H needs to respect him. Batista then comes out. Hunter then pushes Edge and Batista hits him. They both hold the title up while Edge is on the ground.

* Rey Mysterio's last appearance on SmackDown is announced for tonight.

* Big Show & Kane b. MVP & Mark Henry
    The match was back and forth throughout. MVP tagged himself in and got in trouble with Kane. He tried to leave but Mark Henry threw him back in. Kane pins him for the win.

* Finlay & Hornswoggle b. Zack Ryder & Kurt Hawkins
    Huge pop for Finlay & Hornswoggle. The match was pretty much one sided throughout and Finlay & Hornswoggle take the win. The Miz & John Morrison stand on the entrance ramp with their belts.

* Edge b. Matt Hardy
    I'm told this was a pretty decent match throughout. Lots of holds and counter holds. Edge wins with a spear after several near falls. Lots of crowd heat on Edge.

* Maryse, Victoria, & Natalya b. Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, & Cherry
    The match was back and forth throughout. The crowd could have cared less. After all the divas get involved Maryse gets the roll up pin on Cherry for the win!

* It is announced that Kennedy won't be on SmackDown until next week.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Domino
    Real quick match. Heat on both Superstars.

* Rey Mysterio comes out wearing street clothes and his mask. He explains to the fans that he has been drafted to Monday Night Raw and he hopes everyone will tune in weekly to watch him. He goes on to say hopefully he can fulfill more of his dreams.

Batista then comes out and says he will back Rey wherever he goes.

* Batista vs. Umaga
    Umaga has control early on. The match moves slowly. Zack Ryder & Kurt Hawkins come running out while Edge grabs his belt. La Familia beat Umaga.

Triple H comes out and helps Batista clean house. Pedigree and Batista Bomb on Zack Ryder & Kurt Hawkins.

Batista grabs the mic and said at first he was upset about the Draft. Triple H then told him he was going to do good on Raw.

why is there smackdown spoilers in here

• Advertisement

spoiler tag or delete that quickly.

relates to the draft

DONT KNOCK SMACKDOWN :rolleyes:

relates to the draft

Ah right but be careful because it didn't say smackdown spoilers in title and people will get annoyed if they read spoilers with no warning.

The first pick of the 2008 WWE Supplemental Draft..... ECW receives MARK HENRY!

• Advertisement
Advertisement