Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US names Olympic squad

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

That was a good game, beginning to end.

Didn't know Rudy Fernandez was such a baller. That dunk on Howard was NUTSO!

Anyway, good job by the Redeem Team

Bring this basketball medal to where it belongs:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

What happened to the improved defence? The Spanish Bull knows how to handle Matador defenders. :pac:

The Spaniards made them hit outside shots and they drained them. It seemed like every time they crept close to the Americans they canned a triple. It was a fun game to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fer_

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Didn't know Rudy Fernandez was such a baller. That dunk on Howard was NUTSO!
    He´s quick, steals very good, and has a really fast shooting technique. I´m telling you, he´s amazing, I saw him a lot of times in the last Spanish regular season, and he did what he wanted.
    I really hope that the Portland´s coach gives him enough minutes to play, because he really deserves it. Sadly, NBA coaches often prefer muscles instead pure talent...

Lirange wrote: »
    The Spaniards made them hit outside shots and they drained them. It seemed like every time they crept close to the Americans they canned a triple. It was a fun game to watch.

That was the main key of the US win, in my opinion. They made some threes in key moments, when the score was close
    Besides that, I think referees help US a little bit. It´s really annoying to see how they don´t call their travellings and faults again and again...

Sea Devils wrote: »
    That was a good game, beginning to end.
    Yes, it was. US was the best team during the olimpics and they deserve the gold medal. Nowadays, USA and Spain are the best teams in the world for sure and it´s been one of the best international games I remember. Congratulations to US.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

Fer_ wrote: »
    Sadly, NBA coaches often prefer muscles instead pure talent...

I dont think Fernandez has much of either to be honest, time will tell if he makes it in the NBA, you need BOTH muscles AND pure talent in the NBA a la LBJ..

Nevarro had a great game and better player than Fernandez IMO, hes a better size for his position, and that kid Rubio has game for a 17 yr old, but a lot depends on how he preformes in the NCAA.

Speaking of good young players that guy Ingles for Australia looked well in the few minutes he played against the USA.

Still I reckon you could put togather a team of the best players from all other teams and the USA would still beat them thats just how good they are.

Advertisement