Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My indicator is a loose cannon!

Options
  • 24-06-2008 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi all

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but it was the closest i could find so i thought i might as well..

My indicator in my car has gone wonky, or more specifically, the sound of my indicator. It turns on and off erratically, regardless of whether or not i am using the indicator. This started last week, and since then i have had good days and bad days. Some days it barely makes any random clicking noises at all, other days it goes 'clip clop' all the way to work.

Not too sure what i should do to fix it.. anyone got any ideas? Has this happened to your car?

Cheers

Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it just the sound? Have you checked that the light is working ok?
    Seems like an electrical malfunction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

yeah luckily enough the sound is the only thing that's affected. The lights themselves are behaving properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Is it a Citroën, Pug or VW.

3 marques I've heard of with a similar issue except the light was going on them:eek:

Just a relay issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Sounds broken to me, but I'm no mechanic... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ninty9er wrote: »
    Is it a Citroën, Pug

I've heard of this fault on both of these marques. Some need a new switch, others make do with a software update.

@OP - what's the make/model/year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement