Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight Realignment - Best place?

Options
  • 24-06-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Anyone know a good place on the northside to get my headlights realigned and how much it should cost? NCT due and I reckon they're out.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Dave McCann's in coolmine do them, they are good at balancing and alignments so I presume they can align your headlights well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Thanks Victor. Any idea how much it costs generally???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Fast fit in Coolock did mine, 35quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

the wives father had his pretested, and it still failed for a few things, the garage fixed them for free but he still had to pay for the re-test

no point paying someone to check the car, and then paying NCT to check the car, if all is well it will only need 1 check, if their is a problem NCT will tell you what it is so you will know exactly what to fix and they will only check that the next time

also

its very easy to test the lights yourself

park on very flat ground at night,
    cover 1 light with a bin or something
    put on dips
    stand in front of the car,
    note where the top of the beam is on your leg

walk about 20 feet away,
    and check where the top of the beam is on your leg now, it should be nearly the same spot

move cover to other light and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Thanks guys.

I'll try that tonight Mukki.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

any garage will do it....

its just a small mahine the uses laser levels to aline it... shouldnt cost more then 30 quid.

Advertisement