Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice please. Audi A4 airbag light.

Options
  • 24-06-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

'96 Audi A4 airbag light takes approx. 3 minutes to go out when car is started, then goes out.
    This happens every time the car is started and it always goes out.
    Any suggestions as to why this might happen? also a related question, is this an NCT failure?
    I've searched the subject "here" and there seems to be different opinions, I also searched the nctmanual.pdf, and could not find any reference to airbag warning lights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

thats very unusual. Does it always take exactly the same length of time to go out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i had a 96 a4 before with the same problem got it diagnosed by a friend of mine and there were a few faults found he reseted them all but they did come back a couple of months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Does it simply stay illuminated or does it flash? Flashing after start up would indicate no that the passenger airbag has been switched off via the airbag ECU.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Thanks for replies.
    The light doesn't flash, it stays on, 3 minutes would be the maximum time before it goes out, sometimes sooner.
    Any opinions on the NCT?

Advertisement