Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen EVO X, please keep a look out for it

Options
  • 24-06-2008 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭

9781.jpg
    9782.jpg
    9783.jpg
    9784.jpg

This Evo X was pilfered from Kilcoole in Co. Wicklow on 22nd June 2008 sometime between 0:00 and 06:30am.

The final four digits of the chassis number are 6027, while the most distinguishing marks are the colour coded wing mirrors, the button for the boot (most Evo X's don't have this), and a double-din gap with no stereo fitted.

Just to break your heart even further, it was a family car, and had two baby seats in the back.

Unfortunately for the owners this car was imported at the last minute in order to register the car before the new VRT scheme comes into force, meaning that even if the owners manage to scrape together the funds to get a new Evo, it would be prohibitively expensive to import it and register it here.

So, whether you're involved the rally scene, work at a major port where the scumbags may try to export the car, are offered some cheap bits for your Evo, or you're even just a motorist, keep your eyes peeled for a white Evo X anywhere in Ireland, North or South.

If you spot the car, or even spotted it anywhere in Ireland in the early hours of the morning on the 22nd of June, please get in touch withthe Gardai directly.

more info here http://octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=17611

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im gutted. Such a fantastic car. Drive a fair amount round the country, so will keep an eye out. Only one in the country I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

is there a license plate or anything on it ?

Beautiful car!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Jaysus, a EvoX as a family car.

Gutted. Gorgeous piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Thats is just terrible, hope you get it back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I know people who live in that house :eek:

• Advertisement

it was spotted on the M50 today at 11am.
    reports say there's a White EVO X in the ditch behind the airport.
    Can anyone go check this for the owner??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

this is whyi tell people never give out any location info on the internet if you hold something of value...

was there even plates on her ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

ShayK1 wrote: »
    it was spotted on the M50 today at 11am.
    reports say there's a White EVO X in the ditch behind the airport.
    Can anyone go check this for the owner??

which side is behind the aiport, I'll see if I can spin out and have a look.

The directions were pretty bad.
    I think he's talking about the Naul Rd but I'm not sure...?
    Lads a White Evo has been spotted in a Ditch at the back of the airport, the long road that you turn off at the Coachmans Roundabout, up by the Industrial factory

Hope it helps, a mate called me after i posted up on IMOC

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Saw one of these,same colour in coolock yesterday on English plates. I'm near to the airport too and might take a spin. I've already driven around the back of the airport today(St.Margarets to Coachmans Inn roundabout) and deffo nothing along that road. Unless it's buried in a ditch and hard to notice,I'd usually spot something like that.

• Advertisement

there's a guy on octane.ie that spend the last 90 minutes driving around the airport and also saw nothing. I'm sure the owner appreciates it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Saw one of these,same colour in coolock yesterday on English plates. I'm near to the airport too and might take a spin. I've already driven around the back of the airport today(St.Margarets to Coachmans Inn roundabout) and deffo nothing along that road. Unless it's buried in a ditch and hard to notice,I'd usually spot something like that.

Ive seen 1 driving around Raheny Village too.

That just has to be it.
    Next time I see it I'll chase it... (I GOT AN EVO TOO execpt mines 330BHP MUHAHAHA!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

grahambo wrote: »

That just has to be it.
    Next time I see it I'll chase it... (I GOT AN EVO TOO execpt mines 330BHP MUHAHAHA!)

Car does stand out alright more so in white. Quite rare I'd say.

Car does stand out alright more so in white. Quite rare I'd say.

Extremely rare.. even in the UK they are rare

I would imagine if they were driving it in the south they would put UK plates on it.

Although now that I think about it. the car was stolen on the 22nd of June and I've seen that other Evo X driving around for a week or 2 so it couldn't be it!

Its just goes to show that you cant have anything in this stupid country without some knacker ruining it. I hope the person that stole it get caught by someone that will make them pay for what they have done!

Those poor people had the car 36 hours and it was stolen. they were defiantly being watched.

They broke into the house to get the keys, a practice which is becoming far to common. I keep the keys hidden away safely in case of such an event.

I really Really REALLY hope they get it back. This carry on makes me sick

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

They broke into the house to get the keys, a practice which is becoming far to common. I keep the keys hidden away safely in case of such an event.

I think if you have two kids (which the owner does), you'd rather someone break into your house and find the keys in a really obvious place straight away, than come into your bedroom and threaten you or your family with violence unless you hand over the keys to them....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I reckon that's why your insurance is so high :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I reckon that's why your insurance is so high :D

I concur :D:D:D

Back on subject, I hope the OP gets their car back in one piece - with that sort of car in your drive it might be worth investing in a tracker device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

That just has to be it.

unless you have a an evo VII or better.... goodluck.... also dont be chasing them, it will only end up in someones car getting wreaked... leave the chasing to the gardi GT2 porshe or M5....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Geez thats gotta hurt.
    Hope they get it back. Sweet motor.

That just has to be it.

GIMMEE A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kidding, of course I wouldn't chase someone!

Can people in here not joke without getting flammed?

WAY WAY WAY to many smarties on here :pac:
    Take a chill pill!

• Advertisement

mmmmm smarties :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

GIMMEE A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kidding, of course I wouldn't chase someone!

Can people in here not joke without getting flammed?

WAY WAY WAY to many smarties on here :pac:
    Take a chill pill!

In fairness it can be hard to tell if someone is joking or not on the net unless they make it very obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

ShayK1 wrote: »
    mmmmm smarties :D

Smarties & M&M's . LOL . Seriously hope op gets that beaut back in one piece !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

As mentioned previously in this thread, and i'm not having a go at the OP or the person whos car was taken, why not get a vehicle tracking system fitted? The cost is not prohibitive and it would mean you not having to resort to hiding your keys and possibly endangering you or your family?
    I am looking into this at the moment as I had spare keys of my boxster nicked during a house break in (while I was out luckily) and although I've had the key recoded I worry they will try and come back for the car.
    On a particularly rare and sought after car like the EVO X i would think it prudent?
    Any one on boards using a tracker system and can give feedback on cost and whether anyone has had cause for the tracker system to prove it's worth??

Really hope they get the car back undamaged.. Fingers crossed

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Very silly, a lot of these people wont just give up because the keys are hidden.
    A family in an estate by mine(Templeroan) had a nice new expensive merc in their drive way. Gang broke in, couldnt find keys. Owner was woken up by two men standing over his bed with a kettle full of boiling water telling him to give him the keys "or else".

Theres a reason the guards advise you to leave your keys visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The fact that the OP only has it a short time, might suggest that it would have been eyed since it left the boat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Its really a horrible thing when you cant own a nice car without the risk of it getting robbed.

Hope you get it back op. I will keep a look out around the limerick/shannon region. Not that it will do much good but its better than nothing.

op, no liecense plate number no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Tragedy wrote: »
    Very silly, a lot of these people wont just give up because the keys are hidden.

agreed. my uncle woke up in the middle of the night 2 years ago to find 3 blokes in ballys in his room "asking" for the keys to his M5 BMW.

With 2 kids and his wife in the house , he straight awya flung keys at them and the car aint ben seen since.

Hope the OP gets his back. I live around St. Margerats / Airport way so will keep an eye out for it.

Does the car have any reg on it????

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭T J Hooker

It has no Reg folks, it landed Friday evening so it was meant to go get done yesterday I believe. It's been insured by the chassis number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

industria wrote: »
    Any one on boards using a tracker system and can give feedback on cost and whether anyone has had cause for the tracker system to prove it's worth??
    I have one - but I only got it after a previous car was stolen! Never used in anger, but mine works by SMS (it has a pay-as-you-go SIM) - I send it a text and it replies with it's location and some additional data. The positive is that it doesn't have any on going costs (still using the initial credit from the SIM 2 years on). The negative was the initial cost, approx a grand two years back - I'm sure the price has come down since though.

It works perfectly and the GPS data is pretty accurate when combined with something like www.mapquest.com, it would get you within a few meters of the car.

Paddy

Advertisement