Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen EVO X, please keep a look out for it

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Personally I would also get in touch with the shipping company especially after seeing this

Gardai paying a visit might not be a bad idea either , IF he was involved (he's not gonna admit if he was anyways) them calling to enquire could be enough to spook them to dump it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

F**king scumbags

Sorry to hear it mate, get this on to every owners club accross ireland and the uk it will stand out like a sore thumb,its hit dtdirl.com allready thats how i heard so you can be sure they will be keeping an eye out for it, did it have any security??

Ill keep an eye out myself, good luck with the find hope you catch the knack bags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

it was found!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Where? Was it still in one piece?

quote from the ower
    Default Eleanor is home........
    Folks - car was found in an underground car park in Dublin - still dont know all the details as of yet but it seems cops found her and had her taken away. Got her back today - got her registered at the final hour and got her sorted, taxed, alarmed and tracked and out of town. She drew a bit too much attention when we had registered her and the feelings werent great - alot of paranoia too at that stage but........... we have her safe and sound and tucked away. She has a bit of a scratch to bumper around where the false plates were fitted and is manky dirty inside and out but other than that she flew... We are going to enjoy her now and will defo bring her to a meet soon.

Thanks for all the help and info - amazing how people have helped us. All in all people have amazed us and if nothing else restored our faith in mankind!

Talk soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nice to see a happy ending :)
    It'd be even happier if it involved the scum being arrested though.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭bf

Great to hear - i don't know but hopefully the power of the various motor forums helped get her back.

Well wear to the owner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Car recovered undamaged and in time to vrt it !!

Great to here some good news reported ... you'd never find stories like this reported from those depressing journalists on radio TV or newspaper.

Are people REALLY not interested in good news stories??? Well done Garda , perhaps some petrolhead posters will have a bit more respect for them now.
    Best piece of news i've read in 4 weeks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Now thats good news, i'd say a lot of people were keeping an eye out for it including myself.A happy ending:)

alo1587 wrote: »
    Now thats good news, i'd say a lot of people were keeping an eye out for it including myself.A happy ending:)

as was I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Well done Gardai, a wee bit of praise is deserved when they get it right. They get plenty of stick for those occasion where they don't!

Good news for the owners, i'm betting they had a tracker fitted within half an hour of getting it back;) Well wear with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Well done Gardai, a wee bit of praise is deserved when they get it right. They get plenty of stick for those occasion where they don't!

Good news for the owners, i'm betting they had a tracker fitted within half an hour of getting it back;) Well wear with it now.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

that's brill! what a gorgeous car. pity the perpetrators weren't caught.:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Good that it was found, pissed me off about the whole thing. Too bad the asses who did it was caught and shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Good story, glad there was a decent ending. Pity about the scum that get away scott free though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Good story, glad there was a decent ending. Pity about the scum that get away scott free though.
    Maybe not yet, The car was taken away for forenzics, finger prints taken, these basta*rds will be eventually caught. Good police work, these guys come in handy when you need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gone In 60 Secs

Hi there - we are the Evo X owners that would like to thank everyone for their help and attention to the plight - as you know she was found safe and sound - all intact apart from dirt and a few scratches - hopefully we will have her longer this time than 36 hours - she's now registered, taxed, highly alarmed, tracked and has locks changed. Thanks again - we really do feel that the forums helped keep the attention on her which stopped much being done with her / to her and as a result she was found safe and well! It also restored our damaged faith in mankind when so many people were willing to look for her and give us advice!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Organise a boards track day to say thanks........................?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hi there - we are the Evo X owners that would like to thank everyone for their help and attention to the plight - as you know she was found safe and sound - all intact apart from dirt and a few scratches - hopefully we will have her longer this time than 36 hours - she's now registered, taxed, highly alarmed, tracked and has locks changed. Thanks again - we really do feel that the forums helped keep the attention on her which stopped much being done with her / to her and as a result she was found safe and well! It also restored our damaged faith in mankind when so many people were willing to look for her and give us advice!

Thanks again!
    Come on, you’ve got to give some credit to da boys in blue. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Great name Evo owner!! Glad you got the car back.

(you do realise it's your own fault for buying that type of car, your just looking for it to get robbed...:D:D:D )

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

delighted to see this has been found and before the deadline too :):):)

enjoy the car :D

O the boys in blue were great, some more than others. But the forums were unreal too.

Have moved the husband out to sleep in her from now on to keep her safe - mind you I don't think he will be objecting too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

A happy ending I'm delighted for you and happy happy long and safe motoring enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Delighted you got it back. Such a beautiful car!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Thanks again!

Just read the whole story about you stolen Evo. This kind of thing really upsets me when i read it.:mad:. But anyway I m really glad you got it back.:)
    So enjoy it and make it worth the money you paid for it.;)

Organise a boards track day to say thanks........................?

LMAO!!!

do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Glad you got the car back, the power of the internet never ceases to amaze me :).

OT: jesus it drives me mad to hear people describing or referring to a car (no matter how nice it is) as 'she' >:( I was in the hunt to buy a mini off a main dealer recently and the sales woman kept referring to it as 'She', i had to leave it was irritating me so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

You're better off, the Mini's a steaming heap of manure. Elated to hear that this car was found btw. Kinda reminded me about a thread a while back regarding a Canadian chap who had his supped-up Jap import nicked by a scumbag with three fingers. After posting his story up on some forums he had a torrent of replies from people who had spotted the car and the pleb behind the wheel, eventually the car and culprit were found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

miju wrote: »
    delighted to see this has been found and before the deadline too :):):)

enjoy the car :D

+1
    Great ending. Karma will get the scum at some point or another.

Advertisement