Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public Meetings:Proposals for Castleknock Development & Littlepace-Huntstown Bus Gate

• 24-06-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi folks -

I'm treading the boards for the first time here, as it were, and I hope this finds you all in great form.
    I just wanted to let you know that there are two public meetings this week that may be of interest.

On Wednesday, 25th June at 8.15pm in 'The Paddocks' in Littlepace, Councillor Michael O' Donovan and I will be hosting a public information meeting and display of maps regarding two proposed "bus gates" which would link The Way, Hunters' Run to Rusheeny Green, and link the Littlepace Road (adjoining Bramblefield Court) to Huntstown Road. Fingal Co. Council will be inviting submissions from local residents and interested parties, so this will be a good chance to get familiar with the proposals, and also make your voice heard on the matter.

Then on Thursday, 26th June at 8pm in 'Myo's' in Castleknock, Councillor Peggy Hamill and I will be hosting a public meeting for an update and a discussion on the following issues;

Fingal County Council’s report on the 'Castleknock Village Strategic Study
    Report' by Quality Bus Network regarding a proposed bus lane on Castleknock Road and Auburn Avenue, and the up-grading of the small roundabout at the Navan Road end of Auburn Avenue, as well as on developers' proposals for the backlands of Castleknock Village.

We look forward to meeting you all this week and getting your input on these important matters.

Best of Luck

- Joan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Its nice to see a politician on boards.:) I would be interested to hear your views on the brown bin debate going on in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Its nice to see a politician on boards.:) I would be interested to hear your views on the brown bin debate going on in this forum.

I would like to echo this and say that its brilliant to see a public representative on the boards. Democracy just got better! I would also like to caution you Joan as to the boards. Loads of people read threads and don't post, those are the ones in the middle-ground of an issue and could represent the majority. The ones who are motivated to post are usually seriously pro something or seriously anti it. Very few people reason as they go.

I would like to know why, apart from vague inferences to the size of the road that i read in the current issue of the Blanchardstown Gazette that people would oppose the bus gate. Blanchardstown needs buses, and needs them to take more direct routes not mixed in with other traffic. This kind of infrastructure works in Belfast, Boston, New York, Berlin, Antwerp. I've seen it with my own eyes as I've lived in these for long or short periods of time (except Antwerp).

Advertisement