Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Body Shops

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi everyone, looking for a bit of help here.

I'm looking into buying a Honda integra, 1995 model. Its pretty basic and would look much better with a bit of a body kit put on it. Does anyone know where I can get one at good value, and somewhere to have it primed, painted and fitted? I'm not looking for anthing too dramatic, at the end of the day its going to be a family car (myself and one child), so the budget really does matter. What's a realistic price for the whole job? I'm not working off a fortune here!

Im in Dublin but will travel to surrounding areas for a good place that does all the hard work! Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I can't imagine getting much (if any) change from 2K for a body kit fitted and painted? Would you not just up your budget for the purchase price of the car, rather than aftermarket stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JaneLane00

Oh jesus, that much??

I want an integra because somewhere deep down there's a little wannabe girl racer in me, sad I know! But I've always been a Honda person, and I love the Integra, not for racing purposes, just think its a lovely car, but as I said the one I'm looking at is fairly plain, so I'd love to jazz it up a little without going overboard!

All I can go on is the price I was quoted for front and rear bumpers + side skirts supplied and fitted. I think it was about 1400 delivered, plus a few hours work to fit them. That seemed quite cheap as well. I just decided to spend that money up front on a car that already had the stuff already (it was a standard sports kit on the model).

I'm sure if you up your budget a little, you may well find an Integra that's better kitted out as standard.

There's a modified cars forum as well, where you may get some more informative answers though.

Ok because I found a kit on ebay that cost €200 for the front and rear bumper and two side skirts. Its not been primed or painted yet... so I'm presumng now that this must be far to cheap and mean its probably not the best quality?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350073371516&fromMakeTrack=true

Check it out and see what you think.

After this I would just need it primed painted and fitted.... if its worth buying that is!

eoin_s wrote: »
    All I can go on is the price I was quoted for front and rear bumpers + side skirts supplied and fitted. I think it was about 1400 delivered, plus a few hours work to fit them. That seemed quite cheap as well. I just decided to spend that money up front on a car that already had the stuff already (it was a standard sports kit on the model).

I'm sure if you up your budget a little, you may well find an Integra that's better kitted out as standard.

There's a modified cars forum as well, where you may get some more informative answers though.

I'm afraid I don't know what to look out for at all - the kit I was looking at was OEM, so I knew it was what came as standard. Edit - I can't remember if Fibre Glass is a good thing or not in a body kit.

Painting is often pretty pricey, and you want it done well. I don't know if a lot of the cost is in the mixing to get the colour right. If so, then the volume of stuff to be painted wouldn't matter hugely, provided there were no particularly tricky parts to do. That's a complete guess though.

• Advertisement

Meybe I should just go into my local Honda garage and see what they say price wise and what they think of whats on ebay...! Would they be able to do it themselves do you think? sorry about all this but I really don't know where to start, I've never wanted a body kit on a car until my dad put one on his Alfa GTV and I saw how a good job can make a car look fantastic!

eoin_s wrote: »
    I'm afraid I don't know what to look out for at all - the kit I was looking at was OEM, so I knew it was what came as standard. Edit - I can't remember if Fibre Glass is a good thing or not in a body kit.

Painting is often pretty pricey, and you want it done well. I don't know if a lot of the cost is in the mixing to get the colour right. If so, then the volume of stuff to be painted wouldn't matter hugely, provided there were no particularly tricky parts to do. That's a complete guess though.

Advertisement