Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping up North

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of heading up the North over the next couple of weeks to do a bit of shopping, can anyone recommend which town or city would be best to go? I'm looking for clothes mainly, but hope to pick up some cheap beer too while I'm up there, so if there was somewhere with a good shopping centre?? I know a lot of people go to Newry, but I don't know if that's because it's close to the border I'm coming from down the country and will be staying a night so I don't mind travelling a bit further.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Pigletlover, I think most people do use Newry because it is close to the border and they also take Euro.

I lived in Belfast until 4 years ago and its pretty decent for shopping (probably not as good as Dublin though!) The main shopping centre in Belfast used to be Castle Court and there are alot of shops in surrounding area.

www.westfield.com/castlecourt/

www.4ni.co.uk/96614x797x3_castlecourt-belfast-antrim.htm

A new shopping centre just opened and although i have not visited it yet, it has good decent reviews

www.victoriasquare.com/

Another decent clothes outlet is 'The Outlet'. Very much based on Outlets you would visit in states. It is on main Dublin to Belfast Road about 10miles after Newry.

http://www.the-outlet.co.uk/

For beers Id be looking at Sainburys at Lisburn again on main Dublin to Belfast road, about 10miles from Belfast. There is shopping centre/supermarkets in Newry called the Quays not sure what is in it thought. Tesco or another Sainburys possibly.

Id probably recommend staying in Belfast, calling into The Outlet on way there and picking up beers in Lisburn or Newry on way home.

BTW very favourable exchange rates for Euro against Sterling at the moment!

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Some great info there, I was thinking of going to Belfast, but you've made my mind up for me. Thanks :D

Advertisement