Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

electric window problem

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

i have a 01 corrola and i left window down and it rained onto controls for the windows on the drivers door.Problem is all rest of the windows work but drivers is there anyway i could get the window back up myself:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

take off the door trim and lift it. you might need to disconnect the window from its saddle first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You will have to let the circutry dry out completly, this can also blow a fuse if it shorts out. One reason whi I will not buy a car with electric windows, if it crashes into a river, canal or off a pier (Which happens) you haven't a hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

You will have to let the circutry dry out completly, this can also blow a fuse if it shorts out. One reason whi I will not buy a car with electric windows, if it crashes into a river, canal or off a pier (Which happens) you haven't a hope.

If it crashes into a river your f*cked anyway. The pressure differential makes it almost impossible to open the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

ShayK1 wrote: »
    take off the door trim and lift it. you might need to disconnect the window from its saddle first though

I tried that but will not budge up or down?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

A €3 test lamp would be useful, take out the switch on the door and check for current. if dead check fuses if live, check for current past the switch when you press to open/close. If no current, switch is wet/dirty. If there is current at both open and close positions, the problem is at the motor. Id say its the switch though due to window being down and getting wet so:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

A temp. fix would be to attach the drivers window connector to the switch for a different window, should at least allow the OP to get the window shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

craichoe wrote: »
    If it crashes into a river your f*cked anyway. The pressure differential makes it almost impossible to open the window.
    You have that bit more chance to wind the window down manually enough to get out through it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is it not moving at all now??

My corolla seems to be tempermental when I go to open the windows. It will open sometimes but not others etc. If they fail to open I just use the central locking button near the windows switch a few times and the window starts working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How do you find a car without electric windows now? Don't think theres one on the market as a new buy at the moment.

A 10,495 Fiat Panda base model, so cheap the entire interior is made of plastic (not even fabric on the doors like most Fiats, and plastic instead of leather on the gear stick, etc, etc) has electric front windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

dave1982 wrote: »
    I tried that but will not budge up or down?

did you unscrew the bracket where the window is connected to the regulator?

• Advertisement
Advertisement