Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MX5 Jap import

Options
  • 24-06-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Im buying an mx5 at the moment and after trekking about the pale for the last few weeks have more or less settled on one.

The only problem is that as its a jap import, its not registered at all and so cant be driven anywhere untill i buy it and its registered etc. SO i need to get a mechanic to the car rather than vice versa. I basically just need a mechanic to check for crash damage or any major engine faults that i wouldnt spot as there is little to no service history as its an import.

So far i havent been able to find a mechanic to go out to it as its in balbriggan. Anyone know of a mechanic who does 'house calls' like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

You'd wanna be getting it odne in the next 48hrs as it'll increase in VRT after july 1 and the annual road tax will be 2k per annum.
    Move fast if you're going to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

You'd wanna be getting it odne in the next 48hrs as it'll increase in VRT after july 1 and the annual road tax will be 2k per annum.
    Move fast if you're going to buy it.

IIRC, the road tax is based on the old CC system for imports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

oppp, sorry, i forgot re; the tax.......but the VRt will increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

I can do this for you, im based in Balbriggan and im a fully qualified mechanic with loads of experience on jap imports (Owned too many of them).

Send me a PM if you wish and we will discuss!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i think i heard on the grapevine that jap import mx5's arent great news to be honest. well maybe older ones are ok, but if its new-ish they wouldnt keep them in a mazda garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Táck wrote: »
    i think i heard on the grapevine that jap import mx5's arent great news to be honest. well maybe older ones are ok, but if its new-ish they wouldnt keep them in a mazda garage.
    They wouldn't keep them in a Mazda garage because they're competition!

Advertisement