Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First 4870 review....ATI are back..

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MooseJam wrote: »
    4870*2 would kick ass, pity my board only does sli

A single 4870x2 would work fine in your mobo as its crossfire on one card, it doesn't use the pci bus for Crossfire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is there a firm release date for that, whats the cost going to be, even a 4850*2 would be a monster are they going to release one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

I've got an email saying mine has been dispatched and it's with parcel force i have a tracking number and everything. Considering the reports of the stock issues here i'm a bit warey about just what has been dispatched to me :confused: so i'll just have to wait and see what happens(paranoid i know). Probably won't get it til next week though knowing my luck (and an post).

edit/Guys I have another one on order from a different site if anyone wants this one i might sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i would be very interested in that, how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

He put it up in adverts already and I bought it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Might I point out Gigabyte Version 4870 on Dabs.ie, €223
    Or a less gay looking Sapphire one for €11 more: Here

Both are Identical in performance

Dabs charge €13 shipping to anywhere in Ireland.
    Cheapest I've found anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Might I point out Gigabyte Version 4870 on Dabs.ie, €223
    Or a less gay looking Sapphire one for €11 more: Here

Both are Identical in performance

Dabs charge €13 shipping to anywhere in Ireland.
    Cheapest I've found anyway.

207 http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=22354&agid=717
    30 shipping is a pain in arse , but still makes it less expensive than the dabs sapphire :D

Hardwareversand have shipped my order, got confirmation this evening. They've also agreed to either, refund me the difference in prices of the gpu if i sort out bic & iban in my bank or add an item to the order to the value. I've opted to add a usb key to the order. Can't get fairer than that really. I'm really impressed with the service they give, at least they don't lie bout items being in stock when they're not.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Hardwareversand have shipped my order, got confirmation this evening. They've also agreed to either, refund me the difference in prices of the gpu if i sort out bic & iban in my bank or add an item to the order to the value. I've opted to add a usb key to the order. Can't get fairer than that really. I'm really impressed with the service they give, at least they don't lie bout items being in stock when they're not.

If only they did paypal :(:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whens the 4870x2 out ?

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »
    whens the 4870x2 out ?

rumors august

papu wrote: »
    If only they did paypal :(:rolleyes:

www.hpm-computer.de these guys do paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Hey I'm looking at getting this card for my new PC and yesterday someone showed it to me on Komplett.ie for €165 but now the price has gone up to €230 for some reason:confused:What's up with that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You were probably looking at the 4850 or 3870 when you seen the €165 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

You were probably looking at the 4850 or 3870 when you seen the €165 price.
    Well it wasn't the 3870 anyway. It might have been the 4850 but I clicked on the same link when I wasn't sure and the price had gone up:confused: Maybe they made a mistake and fixed the price or something. I really should have ordered yesterday if that was the case

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well the 4850 is on komplett at €170 so it would seem you were just mistaken.

I got my HD4870 2day, had to do a reinstall so not much gaming yet, just 15mins of COD4. Nice to see it maxed on my 24'

Got mine on tuesday had to do whole new build just os left to do now (doing it right now). Anyway i booted up to have a look at the mobo (rampage) bios last night before i went to bed and just happened to reach aroun the back of the card and OH MY GOD the heat off this this is unreal, even just in the bios there is a lot of heat from the vent at the back of the card.

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Got mine on tuesday had to do whole new build just os left to do now (doing it right now). Anyway i booted up to have a look at the mobo (rampage) bios last night before i went to bed and just happened to reach aroun the back of the card and OH MY GOD the heat off this this is unreal, even just in the bios there is a lot of heat from the vent at the back of the card.

Better out then in :D , in the bios it wouldnt clock down so basically it was running 100% ;D

Yep, they idle at 75-80' in 2D mode :eek:, and I've not got a problem with airflow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yep, they idle at 75-80' in 2D mode :eek:, and I've not got a problem with airflow

Supposedly its just a driver bug, but i will believe that when I see the temps drop on a new driver release.

Supposedly its just a driver bug, but i will believe that when I see the temps drop on a new driver release.

yeah all cards but the msi aren't working with powerplay , so its 3d clocks and voltages :D

Advertisement