Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Happy Mondays Album

Options
  • 24-06-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭

A new Happy Mondays album is in progress according to forum members on the bands offical website.
    The bands in the studio working on the follow-up to 2007's Unkle Dysfunktional.The album is being put to tape at Moulin Rouge Studio in Stockport.

The album will be the sixth in the Happy Monday’s two-decade career and the second since they reformed in 2007 for Uncle Dysfunktional, which ended a 15-year silence from the band.

And while the album is slated for a 2009 release,when the Happy Monday’s are concerned, no date is set in stone.

Singer Shaun Ryder confirmed: "It's sounding good. We had a few tracks left over from the last Mondays' album, so we thought that we might as well do another one.

"Knowing us, it'll probably come out in about two years time. I mean, the other one, we had that in the can for, what, two years before that got released, because of legal problems. It took us eight or nine years to sort out all that.

"So we've now got ourselves a new set of legal problems, which will probably take another few years to sort out and then we can get this one out."
    Linky

When Shaun said "We had a few tracks left over from the last Mondays' album", I hope he meant I left out all the good songs from the last album. I wonder what these legal problems are now, the guitarist left and he probably owned some of the material, maybe, just a guess.

But fingers crossed it's better than the old one. Hope it turns out well.

Advertisement