Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

small van tax

Options
  • 24-06-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭

ive got a small van... im just wondering how do i tax it... do i do it as a private car or a commercial van?

there is a big difference in the price.... also i heard about small vans getting away with no doe because its taxed privatly... is this the case here?

also i bought the van about 3-4 months ago and am now only going to drive it next week so im wondering do i have to jump through hoops to get the last three months off for tax or do i have to pay them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I have a van and I taxed it privately. I've never been asked for DOE when stopped at a checkpoint.

I suppose if you are using it commercially you should get commercial tax tho.

Advertisement