Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface work and massage

Options
  • 24-06-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about surface piercings and dermal anchors recently, and a thought occurred.
    If the muscle around the area of the piercing was tense/damaged and in need of some massage/physio/whatever, would the piercing get in the way of it?
    Has anyone with surface work had a massage anywhere near it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

When I had my nape pierced I got a massage from a friend, she couldn't really go near that part of my neck. So yeah it will get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yeah can mess em up alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I was just thinking this could be a deciding factor for someone who may be considering it, but it's something I'd never heard anyone mention.
    My gf was thinking about the nape, but she gets very stiff neck muscles alot, and it often requires alof of massage to get it sorted.
    I mentioned that the piercing might get in the way of massage, so now she's not so sure about getting the work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

larryone wrote: »
    I was just thinking this could be a deciding factor for someone who may be considering it, but it's something I'd never heard anyone mention.
    My gf was thinking about the nape, but she gets very stiff neck muscles alot, and it often requires alof of massage to get it sorted.
    I mentioned that the piercing might get in the way of massage, so now she's not so sure about getting the work done.

Well, personally, I don't think that should stop her. You'd just have to be super careful when massaging her! It shouldn't deter you... Only if sh was gonna get like five of them or something. Or.... she could go with a vertical surface instead? Or Dermal Anchors? Or just a smaller bar? Talk to a piercer, there's always ways around these things.

Advertisement