Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vacuum systems? Help?

• 24-06-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, I'm building a house at the moment, just about to start roofing it and am putting in a vacuum system. Recently at the self build show I saw vacuflos new hide a hose system. Looked really good, just wondering if anyone actually has it and can tell me if its as good as it looks?? Would really appreciate it if I could get feedback from someone. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

We have been using ours for the last year. They are great, we have a hayden vac. they can be noisy, and dusty when emptying them, if you have a shed to house it, that would be ideal. Would recommend them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

comments I have read on boards suggest that the reality of having to store and use a 3 or 4 metre chunky hose negates the benefit of having an integrated system (coupled with the costs incurred when they start to break down)

someone suggested having 2 vacuums, 1 upstairs the other down if moving 1 around was an issue (and would be a hell of a lot cheaper)

guess it all dependson size of house, storage space...etc - I could probably see more merit to the system in a larger than normal house, a bit overkill for a 3/4 bed IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 newbuilder

snellers wrote: »
    comments I have read on boards suggest that the reality of having to store and use a 3 or 4 metre chunky hose negates the benefit of having an integrated system (coupled with the costs incurred when they start to break down)

someone suggested having 2 vacuums, 1 upstairs the other down if moving 1 around was an issue (and would be a hell of a lot cheaper)

guess it all dependson size of house, storage space...etc - I could probably see more merit to the system in a larger than normal house, a bit overkill for a 3/4 bed IMO

The benefit of the vacuflo system is that you dont actually have to store or carry a hose at all, its actually in the ducting system and all you have to do is pull out the amount you require, it goes back into the wall again!! Plus instead of having 4 or 5 outlets you only have 2, one upstairs and one downstairs. It looks really good, I had just been wondering if anyone had it installed. Its about 500-600 euro more than the beam system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 newbuilder

Pataman wrote: »
    We have been using ours for the last year. They are great, we have a hayden vac. they can be noisy, and dusty when emptying them, if you have a shed to house it, that would be ideal. Would recommend them anyway

Is your system the one that the hose retracts back into the wall?

Advertisement