Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froebel info

• 24-06-2008 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi

i was looking for info on Froebel B.Ed please...such as timetable?etc...

Thanks..:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 penny37

As a former froebelobian all i can say is dont go there if u want any normal college life- too far out of town no real buzz around the place- to be honest it was more like secondary school than college:mad: PM for details if wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

As an ex student I would say avoid like the plague. Even the staff are dropping like flies, I think they've lost 7 in a year! It's tiny, and like a secondary school. Lack of space, resources, social life etc etc...

Time table is TCD lectures every monday.
    Tues - Thurs 9.10 - 4.00
    Fri - 9.10 - 1.00

I think that's it. Lectures are like classes in secondary school. Even laid out like classrooms not lecture halls and you might get a few free classes if you're lucky. Usually a packed day though with a little and big break.

Subjects:
    English Lit, Gaeilge, Maths, Theology
    English methods, Modhanna muinte na Gaeilge, Maths methods, RE
    SESE (hist/geog/sci)
    Drama, Visual art, music, Early Childhood Ed, Spec Ed
    SPHE, ICT, PE
    Intercultural ed
    Professional Development
    TCD Modules: Hist of Ed, Phil of Ed, child psych, Lang dev, Soc of Ed

You get a ton of assignments and exams too.

Teaching Practices are in Oct - Nov (Dublin) and March - April (Home) for 3 weeks and 1 prep week. Observation week in September.

There are a few after school club org things like Hip hop, choir, sports team, religious stuff. Most nights out start in the seomra caidreamh for wine/ cans, pizza and a sing song then off to Coppers to get pissed n score some garda hick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I completely disagree, I'm in the college currently and I love it! The social life is only crap if you don't go out during week with friends and just to college things. I find the lecturers very helpful and the lectures very informative and relative to teaching. As a person who also has an experience with St. Pats I can say that I prefer this college and had never had any doubts on the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 star-bright

im also a current student and think froebel is a very good college. large lectures wouldn't be very helpful for most of the classes done in Froebel, teaching isn't the same as a course like arts where huge lectures can work.
    i've made amazing friends in Froebel and we have a great social life. when i was going about choosing which college i wanted to go friends from other teaching colleges advised me to go for Froebel not their respective colleges.
    Froebel gives you the best of both worlds a large college experience in Trinity and the smaller college in Blackrock.

Advertisement