Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interrailing, Train times

• 24-06-2008 3:41pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Another queston. Can someone give me information about the trains around europe please? I need to know where to get good timetables? or if trains are frequent enough. I want to go from barcelona to nice, so will i have to change trains along the way or whats the story?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ive been recomended bahn.ie from users here, it seems handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Thomas Cook Train Timetable is great - you can buy it in most bookshops I think.
    Or when I was interrailing, I usually went to the station the day before to check times and to reserve a seat (can be necessary even with an interrail pass). Most stations are near the centre of big cities so it was never that big a deal.
    From my three interrails trips, apart from Trenitalia - the IC, EC and other national trains tend to go bang on time - so if it says 15.47 then the train will leave at 15.47 and not a minute before or after. Great for efficiency although can cause problems if it's the morning after and you're running up two flights of stairs with your ever growing backpack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

www.bahn.de is your only man, there is an English section on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

www.seat61.com is all you need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

www.seat61.com is all you need...

site i used, handy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

theres a book that we bought-has all the traintimes in it and never caused us any problems-make it easy to plan days ahead too and no need to go to the train station or find internet access-you can get it in book shops here in ireland

Advertisement