Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aidan McAnespie

Options
  • 24-06-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

The PSNI Historical Inquiries Team has this morning released a report stating that the british army version of what happened in Aughnacloy that afternoon is likely to be "untrue".
    Surely it is now time for the Irish government to release the Crowley report, the result of their own inquiry into Aidan's killing, which was handed to the then Minister for Justice, Gerry Collins, on the 8th April, 1988, and which has not seen the light of day since.

Edit : Aiden McAnespie (Wiki page for younger boardsies)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

Duiske wrote: »
    The PSNI Historical Inquiries Team has this morning released a report stating that the british army version of what happened in Aughnacloy that afternoon is likely to be "untrue".
    Surely it is now time for the Irish government to release the Crowley report, the result of their own inquiry into Aidan's killing, which was handed to the then Minister for Justice, Gerry Collins, on the 8th April, 1988, and which has not seen the light of day since.

Well I remember Aiden's murder. Even by the standards of the british army, it was about as cowardly and low as you can get. I suppose the Crowley report will be written in couched, diplomatic language, with the onus been thrown back on the brits to supply more information etc. Ok, maybe international protocl has to be followed in reagrdless in cross border incidents etc I'm not really sure to be honest, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Irish govt. did a ' pass the buck ' job back onto the brits, knowing full well the brits will stonewall.

Fcourse the brits wouldn't recieve the denouncations, publicity and news coverage of say, the IRA's disappeared people, it'll be a mild rebuke of " concern and surprise " - as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

Duiske wrote: »

No, the Irish govt wouldn't chase this up like they did with Bik McFarlane etc

Advertisement