Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband connection

• 24-06-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right place for this question. I have one of those Asus laptop things and I am trying to connect it wirelessy to my router(perlico) but its not working. It gets as far as pending and then does nothing. I have rang perlico and they couldn't help me as they don't support Linux or something like that and told me to google it, which I did.

I have no clue whatsoever about computers, the results that I fould made absolutely no sense to me, so was wondering if anyone else has this problem and how did they fix it, in layman terms.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is it the eee pc you got or what linux os are u using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Yep, its the eee pc, not sure what version, I only got it about 3 weeks ago so I guess the newest one. Its the 4 gig model, I only got it so I could use the net wirelessy so its such a pain!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This might help You, make sure you know your encryption key and whether its WEP or WPA.

HTH

Pog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

thanks for that, tried it last night- and the error message I have been getting is "No working leases in persistent database" what- ever that means!
    I googled it and it seems like there is alot on info on it- just none I can understand!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

What linux distro you running?

Is your wifi card being picked up?

From command line as root or sudo do this

ifconfig -a

You should see a wlan0 if your wifi card is being picked up.

You can use wifiradar to connect to your router, which should be available from standard yum repo or apt-get.

If you don't see wlan0

Do

lspci

You should see the type of wireless card you have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement