Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rush to town

Options
  • 24-06-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking of commuting from rush to town on the aul racer. Would anyone living out near rush i.e skerries or lusk cycle to work and would they know the best route and how long it would take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

I was thinking of commuting from rush to town on the aul racer. Would anyone living out near rush i.e skerries or lusk cycle to work and would they know the best route and how long it would take?

I don't live there, but I do cycle that way a lot.
    The roads from Rush to town can be very busy, as I'm sure you know. It would take maybe 90 minutes, but fitness and winds play a huge part. The most direct route is out via the main road which goes over the M1 (terrible double roundabout junction) and then down the Swords road into town. Try it at the weekend first before you do a commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Read the thread about cycling from Wicklow to Dublin. 70km round trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

billyhead wrote: »
    Hi,

Im in rush at the moment I dont know any one that go's rush to town for work , but I did know a guy that went swords to town and he was happy enough with it , to be honest the rush to swords bit will more than likely be the worst part

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Jasus, I thought you meant that Rush were coming to town.
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Planet X wrote: »
    Jasus, I thought you meant that Rush were coming to town.
    :eek::eek::eek:
    In a Red Barchetta?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 colm ó maonaigh

I did that for over a year, Skerries to Whitehall in about 75 min. Not a bad cycle. Can be dodgy at peak times and on way home do not turn right via Blakes cross but take the next turn. Only ever punctured twice in that time which wasn't too bad. Nice new road surface now from Rush to Lusk also.

Advertisement