Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donadoni gets the sack from italy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Twill be Mancini I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

event wrote: »

rumours that lippi will be the new manager

Heard this myself aswell. Would much prefer Donadoni in charge than Lippi...

Or Mancini!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Lippi did surprisingly well in his second stint at Juventus so maybe he's one of those managers that needs an extended break every few years to recharge his batteries. But given that he's already achieved the highest accolade with the Azzurri I think he can only tarnish his legacy and it would be a bad move for him. Another World Cup win seems highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Not deserved in my opinion.

Finished top of the group in qualification, and went out to the best team in the tournament on Pens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ridiculous. Donadoni did a really good job for us with a transitional sqaud. Finished top of a qualification group that included the 2nd best in the world, a resurgent and occasionly inspired Scotland and a often dangerous Ukraine. Came through the group of death and then held a spain team, full of attacking potential and midfield guile, for 120 minutes without Italy's two first choice centre backs and first choice holding midfielder. We even created the best chances without the two best creative forces in italy (Totti and Pirlo) and with a phenomenal striker who chokes on the big stage. He would have kept his job had his players held their nerve.

My only criticism of him is that he was far too reliant on Toni and didn't have any sort of plan B. We had another good target man in Gilardino who never got a chance despite Toni's donkeyness. Can't help but think if Lippi was there, we would have had different centre forwards against Spain.

At least Nesta will be back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I reckon Markey will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Donadoni did a really good job for us with a transitional sqaud.

Are you Italian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Apparently the Azzurri want Trap.:D

That would be hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

would like to see him leave us TBH, give some uselss guy who will be cheap a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well he'll prob be gone at some stage soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He signed a contract before the Euro's. I think hes staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

chdpoker wrote: »
    He signed a contract before the Euro's. I think hes staying

Donadoni, who took over from Marcello Lippi after the 2006 World Cup triumph, signed a two-year contract extension just before the European Championship, but an escape clause allows the coach, or the Italian Football Federation, to terminate the deal if they failed to make the semi-finals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol i shold read b4 i post!!

Advertisement