Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Studio near Limerick

Options
  • 24-06-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Looking for a Studio near Limerick, must have Protools HD and be able/allowed to install Logic om the system. Need to record 4 piece band live at the tracking stage so loads of mics, stands, leads and some good mic amps.
    Accommodation on site or close by. Any ideas.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Thats...quite a demand list! So your paying for logic for the studio? Why must it have PTHD?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

Not a "demand list" but i would have thought a basic setup for a commercial studio. I use logic (TDM) as a front page for PTHD and don't want to arrive and find a 002, MOTU 828 or similar project set up. Sometimes i find people use protools as it comes with the hardware and don't have logic installed so it is good to ask if it can be setup on their system. If they feel unsure i can always bring my own mac. I know many studios near Dublin fit this requirement but it is easier for me to travel to the band than drag them up to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

How near Limerick? How important is that if you need Accommodation too?
    Is 1.5 hours too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tweeky

Hoping for closer but there doesn't seem to be much around that suit, would that be The Loft?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

ex The Loft , it's now called The Nutshed, shall I PM you Joe's number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

If you are looking for somewhere to stay why limit yourself to Limerick?
    I suppose you'll be having a stab at some recording there!!

An hour and a half from Limerick and could be nearly anywhere in Ireland.
    Wouldn't PT HD do for tracking and then just move to logic afterwards. I have Logic 7 but, I'd fancy PT for tracking way before Logic, what with Playlist editing an all that.

Advertisement