Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panna Cotta

• 24-06-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

I have made two bad attempts at making this delicious dessert, one from some cookbook and the other from this link

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/PANNA-COTTA-WITH-STRAWBERRIES-AND-BALSAMIC-VINEGAR-106433

I followed it exactly but my panna cottas were nearly mush. Does anybody have any tips or recipes for making a panna cotta succesfully ?

I am not sure where I went wrong, maybe I didn't whip the cream/milk hard enough

I would love to be able to make this dessert, absolutely have fallen in love with it.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

OK,

here's a recipe from "The Silver Spoon" Italy's best selling cook book for over 50 years. - so the say.

I hope its good, as I am looking forward to making it.

Serves 6.
    Ingredients
    10g/ .25 oz gelatine leaves
    100ml / 3.5 fl oz milk
    500ml / 18 fl oz double cream
    100g / 3.5oz caster sugar
    1 Vanilla pod, slit

instructions
    Fill a small bowl with water, add the gelatine and leave to soak. Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring to just below simmering point, then remove the pan from the heat. Do not allow it to boil. Drain and squeeze out the gelatine and add to the milk. Pour the cream into another saucepan, add the sugar and vanilla pod and bring to the boli over a low heat, stirring constantly. Immediatly remove the pan from the heat, remove the vanilla pod and stir in the milk mixture. Rinse out a rectangular cake tin with ice-cold water, shaking out any excess, and fill with the mixture. Chill in the fridge for several hours until set. Turn out onto a serving dish by itself or with a sauce.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Cheers, will give that a go some weekend

Let me know if you try it yourself and if you were successful

Advertisement