Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus Mares 08

Options
  • 24-06-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Focus Mares cyclocross bike?
    It seems that this bike comes recommended price/value wise. I have a hardtail mtb for the forests/mountains but now id like to start doing some longer cycles.I probably wouldnt be doing more than 60k at a time on a cycle over a mix of different terrains...so I think a cross bike would suit me better than a road bike.

I know there are better equiped models above this one,but im stretching the budget as it is on this one .I suppose im wondering would this bike be a good base to start on and upgrade the components as needed?

Also after another recommendation on this forum,I'm thinking of getting the shoe/pedal deal on bikeplus.co.uk

The shoes are the Specialized Sport MTB 2008 Shoe and the pedals are the POWER PLAY Force pedals.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

No first hand experience but I have a similar sort of bike and if you want to do off-road with it, the Mares Cross sounds great. Good review here. If you don't need to go off road, though, get a road bike.

I'm a fan of Specialized shoes myself and probably was the one recommending the pedal and shoe deal. I have two pairs of Powerplay Force pedals myself and they are very nice- only thing to note is that they are quite easy to release, sometimes too easy, if you are really pulling up hard.

Advertisement