Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather

Options
  • 24-06-2008 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

another gale and wet eve ,i even lit the fire this eve, rough time on young birds and deer calfs ..they should have roofed the fecken place during the boom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

totally agree, its more like September than June

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have been keeping my eye in by shooting rats around the chicken shed.
    Score so far 3 rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Its like this time last year. There's very little silage cut down in my area, and I can't see it being cut for a week or 2 yet. I was just looking at last years calender in my office and Its got all the wet days marked off. I hope its not a sign of things to come this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hurakan

and the weather is to get worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Yep, forecast is not good so I'm told (where they find these long range forecasts is beyond me). Am not too bothered myself, foxes numbers are controlled, as are the wabbits so there's little for me to have to do a the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Some dirty morning! I'm up in Kildare in the bog and its probably the most depressing place in the rain. Interestingly enough, I'm up here on a landfill project and there's a fella here PAID to control birds. He's got a hawk and for the birds that are brazen, a side by side!! My mates say its a vegetarian hawk as it just flies among the crows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

well i can safely say that the weather up here is cr@p also, hasnt stopped raining since 6 yesterday evening, ah well its the nature of the beast..as for it affecting the wildlife, they must be hardy up here :D
    In the last to days ive seen a Red Stag, still in velvet, a jay ( or a magpie in a wig), a wild black rabbit along with a forture of standard bunnies and 3 buzzards....Must dig out the camera!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Just back from Germany last night.It is WARM over there,with a nice breeze to take the sting out of it.Looks like the East side of Europe is the place to go for the Hols again this year.:(My weather station is saying 6cms worth of rain here since Saturday:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

I think I'll risk going out later on, have a lad wants to go rabbit shooting and looking to buy his first rifle.

your rabbits must have rain coats!!!! The ones up here arent too fond of getting wet...:D

• Advertisement

:D My risk being I'm gonna risk it not being raining for a change this week :D

Bound to be some daft sod of a rabbit out, if there isn't it'll just be two legged daft sods out ;)

hope to do a bit of dinging later myself, just put the scope on my new .22 fullstock (stick a pic up later)....Have to break it in and zero it.....so please stay away rain!!! :rolleyes:

Mac Tire wrote: »
    hope to do a bit of dinging later myself, just put the scope on my new .22 fullstock (stick a pic up later)....Have to break it in and zero it.....so please stay away rain!!! :rolleyes:

looking forward to pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Vegeta wrote: »
    looking forward to pics

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

+1

lovely hear now just layed out a blood trail for my pup going to run her on it in a hour or so

jwshooter wrote: »
    lovely hear now just layed out a blood trail for my pup going to run her on it in a hour or so

cleared up a nice bit hasn't it. That strong wind still indicates a bout of low pressure though so I aint got high hopes for the rest of the week

The fields are cut near my brothers so we have a trip planned tomorrow evening, hope it holds

Darkening up here now, I feel rain on it's way...

johngalway wrote: »
    Darkening up here now, I feel rain on it's way...

giving it bad for the next few days going to be a bad year on wild birds again ,summers bad for game winters good for vermin

Even things out a bit by knocking off more vermin ;)

No reply from my lamping buddy so I guess that's me in for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

i am in England all week and yes you guessed it the weather has been great up until this evening. Just starting to rain now but its only light.

Cant wait to get home I have next week off and plan to kit out a old shead for next years deer season.:D

• Advertisement

kerryman12 wrote: »
    i am in England all week and yes you guessed it the weather has been great up until this evening. Just starting to rain now but its only light.

Cant wait to get home I have next week off and plan to kit out a old shead for next years deer season.:D
    by the looks of it kerry you will have monday fine after that better be a good roof on your shed .you should leave them little sika down there alone for a few years and let them grow a head ,,

"you should leave them little sika down there alone for a few years"

ahem no.......

any one got any tools think we should start building a ark ,it the a savage day of rain hear,id bring two sika on board ,failing that the sugar babes ..:D

jwshooter wrote: »
    any one got any tools think we should start building a ark ,it the a savage day of rain hear,id bring two sika on board ,failing that the sugar babes ..:D

I headed over to a spot this morning I like to ambush hoodies in, have to cross a little tiny small drain, not even a stream, it was like a raging torrent :eek: Just about got across it. I've two rifles to zero as well :rolleyes:

i have the same problem john, both need work. today even between the showers the wind was up all day

Feck sake give us a break.....................................

Got the .22lr zeroed - ish. I was playing dodge the gale... Wind at my back and a good big hillock as well. I have it reasonable out to 60 yards, after that I'd have to question it, need a calm day to do fine tuning and set up the .223 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Done the same with a friends .22 last night. Changed the scope so had to do the lot with a strong enough sidewind... worked though. Got a rabbit in the near dark about 40 yards distance.

I still havnt managed to get out with the .22 to zero it, everytime i am free to do it the great Irish summer kicks in and thats the end of that!!! :(

That happened me as well Mac. Got to the stage I just thought sod this I'm going out and I'm going to get soem sort of zero on it shooting either into or with the wind. It's not perfect but I'm a lot less frustrated now lol :D

• Advertisement

Im sitting looking out the window at work, and its near fecking perfect!!! Always the way :D

Advertisement