Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

While you were busy pretending to be working :p I went and zeroed the .223. After taking the scope and rings off and remounting it it was just a 1/4" out :D That was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Well its lashing rain here in kildare. I hope to be going to look at a possible section 42 this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Jonty wrote: »
    Well its lashing rain here in kildare. I hope to be going to look at a possible section 42 this evening.

tis a grand eve now after a bad day the midgge in the garden would eat ya alive going to be a bad year on year on them again little bxxxxxxs ,

jwshooter wrote: »
    tis a grand eve now after a bad day the midgge in the garden would eat ya alive going to be a bad year on year on them again little bxxxxxxs ,

Autan - should be available in one of your local chemists :) Doesn't contain deet as far as I know.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

johngalway wrote: »
    Autan - should be available in one of your local chemists :) Doesn't contain deet as far as I know.

The active ingredient in Autan is newer than and supposedly as effective as DEET. Having used DEET in the tropics and seen clouds of insects fly up to me and "bounce off" at about 2-3 inches away from me I'd be pretty confident with it. That said, it's evil stuff, keep it away from anything plastic and wash it off properly after you get home. I think Autan doesn't damage plastics like DEET does so if it works it might be a better choice.

Good insect repellent is a god-send if you're likely to get bitten by the little feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

and yes the weather in mayo is great if you are 1 a DUCK 2 A FISH:eek:
    steve:D:p

JW a real man with a rifle would beat them with the spit from their mouth:eek:;)steve he he

thehair wrote: »
    JW a real man with a rifle would beat them with the spit from their mouth:eek:;)steve he he
    dont think so steve to many of them .pissing hear all day all most .we will not get toburn out the bbq this year me thinks

dont think so steve to many of them .pissing hear all day all most .we will not get toburn out the bbq this year me thinks

i have to said it you are spot on:Dsteve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I dont go out shooting in the rain unless im caught in a shower but would there be many fox out if its been lashing all day and night??
    just curious cause ive often walked in the rain for a kebab, when your hungry your hungry:D

• Advertisement

It was gorgeous here today :D Not so much as a shower even :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

17 degrees in Letterkenny today (@ work :() lads.....Roll on 5 bells and get some shooting done...:pac:

Mac Tire wrote: »
    17 degrees in Letterkenny today (@ work :() lads.....Roll on 5 bells and get some shooting done...:pac:

AH AH AH SUCKER:P

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

to-day was crap - gettn worse all day

the last few days were nice - but still dont have the rifle sorter. This is doing my head in:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Lashing here in sth tipp :(

Wet and windy :( If I clean my rifles any more I'll wear them out.

Wet and windy :( If I clean my rifles any more I'll wear them out.
    i was making dinner about 7.30 this eve there is a few swallows nestins by my kitchen window under a back porche , i like them there so i never touch them, it was spilling i mean spilling when a hell of a racket started with the swallows i watch them for a few minutes from only two feet away ,i reckond a young one must have fell out of a nest so i opened a window and looked out there was about 15 swallows roosting on brick work over the back door and another 10 fighting to get in out of the rain .poor feckers they look the worse for wear .im going to stick up some thing in the morning for the rest of them ,its 9.25 now the tree in the garden are bent in a hoop and the rain is getting worse . sunny south east my ass

JW, that's very good of you. And the fur huggers reckon we're all monsters :rolleyes:

JW, that's very good of you. And the fur huggers reckon we're all monsters :rolleyes:

Don't be fooled, he's fattening them up for BBQ season :eek: :D

Don't be fooled, he's fattening them up for BBQ season :eek: :D

I never thought of that ;) Kebabs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Gusting force 3 here NE at the moment .With3 mm of rain today.more on the way.Sod this!going fishing tomrrow.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Rain, rain and more bloody rain. This country is like a sponge. Im thinking of putting in for a transfer aaaahhhhhh :D

Rain, rain and more bloody rain. This country is like a sponge. Im thinking of putting in for a transfer aaaahhhhhh :D
    dont go to mayo it the same up here:D

I never thought of that ;) Kebabs :D

worse than snipe to hit ,if you lads ever want to konw what a snipe tastes like il shoot a few for ya and post them too ay

lads check this out:

http://www.todayfm.com/goout.asp?u=http://audio.todayfm.com/files/kenring-1.wma

Normally I am not one for hocus pocus but I have been listening to this guy over the past few years and he is usually pretty accurate.

in a nut shell bad weather generally until Autum ie August/September.

kerryman12 wrote: »
    lads check this out:

http://www.todayfm.com/goout.asp?u=http://audio.todayfm.com/files/kenring-1.wma

Normally I am not one for hocus pocus but I have been listening to this guy over the past few years and he is usually pretty accurate.

in a nut shell bad weather generally until Autum ie August/September.

would he have wed eve lotto numbers ? kerry

i will ask him and let u know:p

Can I join the syndicate :D

sure thing BS,

But for god sake keep it quite lads - lets keep it a small little team:D

• Advertisement

kerryman12 wrote: »
    sure thing BS,

But for god sake keep it quite lads - lets keep it a small little team:D

our first trip should be to new zealand for a month or two love to hunt thar and shammie on the mountains

Advertisement