Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live

Options
  • 24-06-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am new to Ireland. I will be working in Carlow but thinking of living in Dublin. I would need to be close to the N81 or the N9 (I think).

can anyone suggest the better areas to live. I have been reading other posts, and it seems every second area/suburb in the South is dodgy???? Does anyone have any suggestions of areas to live or avoid.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your going to be working in Carlow maybe you should forget about Dublin and the high financial and time cost associated with any kind of travel in Dublin..

You could move to Kilkenny and work in Carlow and you'd be in work quicker, hell you could even move to cork and you'd be in work quicker...

Suggest giving Carlow a go..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clairesheara

Have been in Carlow for a week...and need something more to do and people to talk to!! I use to drive 1 and half hours to cover 15kms to work back home, so not toooo worried about the time. (I am assuming it would be about an hour). More worried about having friends and supports nearby and things to do

Advertisement