Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv over ethernet

Options
  • 24-06-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

I'm getting my house wired for cat 5e or cat 6. I will have a comms cabinet in the box room with 4 cables running to each room.

Is it possible to run the signal from a satellite dish through one of the cables to each room so that I have tv in every room or would I have to run coaxial cable alongside the cat 5e?

Thanks,

Seamus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

cbr954 wrote: »
    Is it possible to run the signal from a satellite dish through one of the cables to each room so that I have tv in every room or would I have to run coaxial cable alongside the cat 5e?

You could, but the equipment needed to send/receive the video over the ethernet cables would be quite pricey.
    Best just to run coax too. (and if you're look at Sky+ in each room, you'll want to run 2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

You could look at something like www.irishhomenet.com which is capable of taking sat feed direct from the dish/lnb, and patching it through to wherever you want.

PM me if you want more info.

Regards,

Wexfordman

Advertisement