Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best landline deal

Options
  • 24-06-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

What's the best deal on landlines?

I don't personally like Eircom's customer service, so I'd prefer someone else. I don't have or want TV, so that's not in the pot. I do have wireless broadband with Irish Broadband.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted - cheap, good quality, good customer service is what I'm looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to Net & Comms - apologies mods if not the best forum.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

luckat wrote: »
    What's the best deal on landlines?

I don't personally like Eircom's customer service, so I'd prefer someone else. I don't have or want TV, so that's not in the pot. I do have wireless broadband with Irish Broadband.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted - cheap, good quality, good customer service is what I'm looking for.

I find have an Irish landline number from blueface and it works great, just get a ATA box, plug that into your broad band and your normal phone into that .. voila .. landline :) (i'm in holland btw)

http://www.blueface.ie/products/99offer.aspx

They also have a 99 euro offer, you can keep your existing landline number too if your like.

Their customer service rocks also, you can mail them and they'll sort you out straight away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Sorry to be so untechie, but what's an ATA box?

The €99 deal is the price for service and calls, eh? To where?

That was about what I was paying Eircom when I left, a good €30 of that being rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

luckat wrote: »
    Sorry to be so untechie, but what's an ATA box?

The €99 deal is the price for service and calls, eh? To where?

That was about what I was paying Eircom when I left, a good €30 of that being rent.

An ATA is an Analog Telephony Adapter an example would be something like this: http://tinyurl.com/2g57pd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

What is the advantage of an ATA box?

I have a vague feeling I read something here vaguely critical of Blueface, but am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

If you want to use an analog phone with a VoIP service e.g. Blueface you'll need an ATA to connect your phone to your broadband connection. Not so much an advantage as a requirement. If you have NTL broadband the modem they supply acts as an ATA i.e. it has phone ports on it where you connect your analog phone.

Advertisement