Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My ex's 21st.....

Options
  • 24-06-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hey, im posting here cause i reckon this will hopefully get me a few answers.....hopefully!! ok, my ex girlfriend has her 21st comin up........we're still good friends so i feel i should get her a present......problem is, wat do i get that doesnt give the wrong impression, i.e. i want to get back with her?? (she finished with me btw:()

can anyone give me any advice please???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...problem is, wat do i get that doesnt give the wrong impression, i.e. i want to get back with her?? (she finished with me btw:()

Home Sterilisation Kit (The Tesco version is actually just a plug)

Seriously, what are her interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

21 euro in a card!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

21 euro in a card!

+1
    is she having a party? are you invited? Me and my ex were on good terms for his 21st but his friends weren't my biggest fans so we went on a big pissup the night of his actual birthday and he had his party (minus my attendance0 on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

21 euro in a card!

+1
    + 21 kises? On the cheeks though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

a card.......with a nice message.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

She broke up with you and you're "still friends" :rolleyes:

Big LOL !!!

Get her nothing and turn up at her party with 2 sexy drunk eastern european hookers. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

KTRIC wrote: »

Big LOL !!!

Get her nothing and turn up at her party with 2 sexy drunk eastern european hookers. :D
    someone is bitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

chdpoker wrote: »
    someone is bitter

Just speaking from experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭FibbersON

KTRIC wrote: »

Big LOL !!!

Have you a newsletter I cold subscribe to> I like your style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

He's got an ezine...

log onto www.ihaveabigaxetogrindwithwomenwhodumpme.com

(",)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Hey, im posting here cause i reckon this will hopefully get me a few answers.....hopefully!! ok, my ex girlfriend has her 21st comin up........we're still good friends so i feel i should get her a present......problem is, wat do i get that doesnt give the wrong impression, i.e. i want to get back with her?? (she finished with me btw:()

Space.

Go for a while, give her €21 in a card and then go out with your friends after an hour or two. Dont sit there all night like a fool watching her have her 21st kiss with the latest fella she fancies, get out and live it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Go for a while, give her €21 in a card and then go out with your friends after an hour or two. Dont sit there al night like a fool watching her have her 21st kiss with the latest fella she fancies, get out and live it!

Can't get better advice than that! +1

echo the 21euro in a crad and then a couple of scratch cards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

If she doesn't want to get back with you then no amount of expensive jewellry or fancy presents will make her change her mind so don't waste your money. Give her a card with money, something small as well, maybe lottery tickets, call in for an hour and then go out with your mates. Otherwise it'll be torture watching her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Just the card and €21, its the least personal thing you could give her really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Go for a while, give her €21 in a card and then go out with your friends after an hour or two. Dont sit there all night like a fool watching her have her 21st kiss with the latest fella she fancies, get out and live it!

+1

Arrive late (i.e. don't be first to arrive and all eager), give her the card and money, stay for an hour and then go out with your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

If you want to get her something nice - then do!

Surely if you are friends you would want to get her something nice (Note: nice does not always equal expensive!) - and Im sure she wont think your trying to get back with her!?

I think your putting too much thought into this tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Sorry I totally misread the last post. Thought you wanted to get her a present that would make her want to get back with you. Opps, missed that i.e. in the original post.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

He's got an ezine...

log onto www.ihaveabigaxetogrindwithwomenwhodumpme.com

(",)

i actually clicked that link...

i'll get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

LadyE wrote: »
    If you want to get her something nice - then do!

Surely if you are friends you would want to get her something nice (Note: nice does not always equal expensive!) - and Im sure she wont think your trying to get back with her!?

I think your putting too much thought into this tbh!

Agreed :) I would get her something she will like....not necessarily something fancy or soppy! Just get her something she will like! Don't give her €21 in a card, i think that is just rude if she is an ex (it's very inpersonal i think), a friend you have never been with yeah, but not an ex!

And then take the others advice....go to the party for a couple of hours and then go meet your mates ;)

BrynW wrote: »
    Don't give her €21 in a card, i think that is just rude if she is an ex (it's very inpersonal i think), a friend you have never been with yeah, but not an ex!

Sorry but how is giving money rude????? It's the thought that counts and usually exes would give each other nothing so it's nice of him to even give her a card. If they were still together it would be rude and inconsiderate, as it stands they are not.

akamossy wrote: »
    Sorry but how is giving money rude????? It's the thought that counts and usually exes would give each other nothing so it's nice of him to even give her a card. If they were still together it would be rude and inconsiderate, as it stands they are not.

The card is a good idea, but i think €21 in it instead of a present isn't. Maybe rude wasn't the best word, I just think it's very cold and thoughtless. I would rather give an ex just a card, than give a card with €21 in it...

BrynW wrote: »
    The card is a good idea, but i think €21 in it instead of a present isn't. Maybe rude wasn't the best word, I just think it's very cold and thoughtless. I would rather give an ex just a card, than give a card with €21 in it...

I'd appreciate anything really. It's not like he has to give her anything if he chooses not to.

I'd appreciate anything really. It's not like he has to give her anything if he chooses not to.

I never said he had to give her anything! I just think that €21 euro in a card is very thoughtless and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i reckon i know alot of thoughtless and cold people so. I reckon we all do...

...who'd a thunk it. lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Book token:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Just the card and €21, its the least personal thing you could give her really!

Wrong. Bath/shower products are the least personal thing you can give her... or a candle.

Man I hate getting those presents!

I say get her a super soaker. I got my friend one. It was used that night on two people getting frisky in her bed.

Advertisement