Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navel bar moving

Options
  • 24-06-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a navel piercing for the last four years. From the day it was done, it was slightly crooked - as in, not totally vertical, more like five to five on a clock! I didn't obviously know this as there was a plaster put over it when it was done.

Since then, it has rotated even more. I've done a DIY job a few times with a needle to re-pierce the skin at the top and slip the bar through that new hole but it doesn't last and before long it rotates again. The bar is turning to the side rather than facing head-on.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

maybe take it out, let it heal up ans try again with a reputible piercer. Or just go along to a studio with it in and get their advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

you probably need a thicker bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Any attempt to make a new hole and put it through it is gonna fail, as it'll just migrate over into the existing one. You would need to follow Cupcake Crisis' advice if you wanna get it straight, let it completely heal up and then get it repierced. If you go along to a reputable piercing studio they should be able to take a look at it, maybe tell you why it's migrating sideways, and how best to fix it, as obviously none of us can tell you as well as a piercer who can examine the site first hand.

Getting a thicker bar is just so incredibly wrong Davey/Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Getting a thicker bar is just so incredibly wrong Davey/Alan.
    thank you damo.

Advertisement