Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line stats

Options
  • 24-06-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My mate went with pure telecom and ordered the 2Mb DSL product. He had some problems and got onto Pure who downgraded his speed to 1Mb product.

I ran some speed tests and the max he has been getting is 0.3Mb speed on average. A lot of the ping tests reported a lot of timeouts and irishspeedtest is saying the QOS is bad.

Line stats are:
    Noise margins 30db(down) 26gb(up).
    Attenyation 23db(down) 11.5db(up).
    from what I can tell these stats are decent so may not be causing the problem. anyone any ideas on what to try next? (apart from complaining to the isp).

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

stats are very decent and should be able to sync 2mb without problems

Has he tested another device such as a laptop or other pc for there speeds?
    If he connected via ethernet or wireless?
    Has he checked the speeds late at night such as 3am when not many other would be online

Im not sure what router that isp supplies you with bot perhaps he should log into it if possible and check what speed the line is syncing at

Advertisement