Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halo wars

Options
  • 24-06-2008 9:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any release date for this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

no
    LOL
    Made me laugh.
    Short, and to the point.
    Maybe since we're here we should talk about the amazingness that is (to be) Halo wars?
    Look at the graphics on the trailer! It looks ****ing amazing!
    Thank god they're getting rid of the 'One engine for EVERYTHING' and actually putting in something decent!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

all the halo fan boy on gamefaqs.com are complaining because it aint getting a pc release :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Surely the majority of "halo fan boys" are xbox gamers?
    But yeah an rts on a console is just stupid.

Seifer wrote: »
    I'm sorry what?
    You fail.
    RTS on consoles own!
    EVer played dune 2000?
    One of the best games ever!
    Never gets enough press though.

• Advertisement

No I haven't played it but from some quick googling I see that it was ported from the pc game. link
    I'm not saying that Halo Wars is a bad game (I haven't played it) just that releasing it on xbox only is a waste.
    You cannot get the same control in an RTS with a control pad as you can with a mouse and key-board. This is not opinion, it is fact.

No I haven't played it but from some quick googling I see that it was ported from the pc game. link
    I'm not saying that Halo Wars is a bad game (I haven't played it) just that releasing it on xbox only is a waste.
    You cannot get the same control in an RTS with a control pad as you can with a mouse and key-board. This is not opinion, it is fact.
    *grumble grumble*
    All right, I'll give you that. But i think with some good features an RTS could work out really well, especially a game like Halo Wars.
    For example:
    The moniter yokey in forge.
    If you could use that to direct troops and all that it would work really well.
    Obvs enough you couldn't just copy and paste, better control and all would be needed, as well as more menu functions but you have all the basics right there.
    They might not do that but if they do It'd own!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

halo was released on the pc as well ya know :rolleyes:.

halo was released on the pc as well ya know
    I do know. What relevance that has I'm not sure. The extreme majority of Halo players will have played it on xbox. And given the average age and mentality of xbox gamers, they're much more likely to have a fan boyish attitude to it.

Advertisement