Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Good Dvds

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Metallica's 'Cunning Stunts' was great too, being one of the first metal 5.1 dvds with multiple angles and stuff that no-one cares about any more :-) Especially good if you saw them on that tour as they had a cool stage set-up and rehearsed 'events'.
    I remember that used to be €45 or thereabouts in HMV when it came out. They dropped the price to €10 at one point and a friend and I went through the set list, good song-bad song, saying it's about 50% good songs and, therefore, worth the €10. Man, were we wrong. I find it unwatchable. It's got the cringe factor of the Lobster movie but with none of the laughs.

Worst €10 I ever spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Crowbar - Live with full force is quite good. Gig with interviews in between songs. Breaks the whole thing up nicely.

......and why hasn't anyone recommended S&M yet? *sniggers* Oh, look there goes me and my sarcasm again! The shame, the shame!

EDIT: Ah someone HAS mentioned S&M, my apologies!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

unholy alliance tour 06,is very good,and also nirvana sold out tonight,alice in chains unplugged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Doctor J wrote: »
    I remember that used to be €45 or thereabouts in HMV when it came out. They dropped the price to €10 at one point and a friend and I went through the set list, good song-bad song, saying it's about 50% good songs and, therefore, worth the €10. Man, were we wrong. I find it unwatchable. It's got the cringe factor of the Lobster movie but with none of the laughs.

Worst €10 I ever spent.

The worst thing is the fake ending where they fake the guy getting burned. That was an awful dvd, live **** and S&M are the live shows to get by metallica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Doctor J wrote: »

Worst €10 I ever spent.

I agree, its a really poor dvd, not sure how its possible to film a live show and have non of the atmosphere transfer over to the dvd.Maybe it was just because of the arena that it was shot in, but it feels to rehearsed and produced or something. I have been to see Metallica a number of times and this dvd does not do them any justice at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Creature wrote: »
    Pearl Jam's Touring Band 2000 is great. I still haven't got a hold of their other two but Live at the Garden is supposed to be excellent. Immagine in Cornice doesn't look that great, the setlist is quite short for a DVD.

AC/DC's Stiff Upper Lip DVD is good as is the recent Plug Me In 3 disc deluxe edition.
    I think the exact opposite. Immagine in Cornice is brilliant, the best live DVD I have ever seen actually, and I think Live at the Garden is pretty boring. Not sure why.

Immagine in Cornice is great though, I'd definitely check it out if I were you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

G N' R live at the ritz '88. not an official dvd but a gig filmed by mtv which can still be found via various g n' r torrent sites or ebay. it's a savage gig,pretty much all appetite stuff. it's not slick nor is it polished but it's raw,g n' r at their drunken raucous best imo.

Advertisement