Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turkey germany.

Options
  • 24-06-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

im doing draw ht germany ft 3/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Germany -1 @ 5/4 for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

i got caught out on that -1 before ... steer clear..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

redfan wrote: »
    i got caught out on that -1 before ... steer clear..

Pretty rich from someone betting draw-Germany at several times the odds :)

I don't know what to go for, I'm pretty sure Germany will win, and actually the -1 seems okay. Might go for corner handicap Germany -3 @ 11/10 as I don't expect Turkey to have many attacks, then just bet in running for the Germans to score 1st if they look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Thinking

Ballack anytime scorer @ 2/1

Germany -1 @ 5/4

Germany HT/FT @ 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Whats the odds on either team winning on penalties??

(Dont have access to Ppower etc at work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

gucci wrote: »

Out of the odds on oddschecker, VC bet seem to offer best price either side @ 14's so its basically a 13/2 shot if you backed both options

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

gucci wrote: »

Both 14/1 with VCBet.
    Boyles go 12/1 Germany 14/1 Turkey.
    17/1 Turkey on Betfair right now.

hotspur wrote: »
    Pretty rich from someone betting draw-Germany at several times the odds :)

I don't know what to go for, I'm pretty sure Germany will win, and actually the -1 seems okay. Might go for corner handicap Germany -3 @ 11/10 as I don't expect Turkey to have many attacks, then just bet in running for the Germans to score 1st if they look good.

im doing a small bet draw win at 3/1 with a double spain. 5/6 single bet you would want to be lumping

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Ive lumped on PENALTY TO BE SCORED 3/1 on Paddy Power !!!
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease God !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Under 3.5 goals @ 1.36 looks good business to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

Funny how people say I lumped on this and lumped on that, they probably put a tenner on it :D

I'm steering well clear of this game, but if I wasn't broke this week I would "LUMP" on Klose anytime scorer. He's a clever player and i reckon he will find a few gaps in the defence tonight.

By lump i mean €20- on it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Fishyfreak wrote: »
    Funny how people say I lumped on this and lumped on that, they probably put a tenner on it :D

I'm steering well clear of this game, but if I wasn't broke this week I would "LUMP" on Klose anytime scorer. He's a clever player and i reckon he will find a few gaps in the defence tonight.

By lump i mean €20- on it :p

How do you know what people put on if they didn't post it?

Most people use the word lump as figure of speech, don't have to bet big to enjoy gambling in anyway. You'd stay well clear of this match, but if you had money you'd waste a score? Can't see the logic in that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Just placed a few euro on Turkey @5-1

Let's see if their hard work pays off - for me, that is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

dunphy must have lost a few quid on turkey - he was fuming germany won

keen wrote: »
    How do you know what people put on if they didn't post it?

Most people use the word lump as figure of speech, don't have to bet big to enjoy gambling in anyway. You'd stay well clear of this match, but if you had money you'd waste a score? Can't see the logic in that at all.

My money would not have been wasted, Klose did in fact score.

All i'm saying is that there is plenty of bull talked here where people are "lumping" on bets when the reality is that they are probably wagering small sums or not betting at all. Why don't they just say they put a tenner instead of trying to sound like the big man that is putting massive bets on things???

I do not believe that to enjoy gambling you need to put on big bets. I more often than not would only do €5- or €10 bets.

i told you guys ...germany aint the germany of old.....
    collecting in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

All i'm saying is that there is plenty of bull talked here where people are "lumping" on bets when the reality is that they are probably wagering small sums or not betting at all. Why don't they just say they put a tenner instead of trying to sound like the big man that is putting massive bets on things???

You have things completely back to front, it is considered inappropriate and bad form to talk about betting amounts in monetary terms on gambling fora because it leads to some fools playing the big shot saying they bet €500 on this and €800 on that. Lumping means putting more on then you usually do, it is just as accurate a description if you bet €20 when you usually bet €5 as it is betting €1000 when you usually bet €200. It is a relative term which does not relate to absolute amounts.

The ideal way of describing bets is is units which are percentages of bankroll, but since the very vast majority of posters here don't even have a specific bankroll it isn't used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Fair dues to the bookies they got that result right!

Those of use on Germany -1 were enticed by the decent odds but there you go.....

Those who had money on the penalty will feel hard done by and rightly so.

Those with cash on the Turks, fair dues for putting your money where your mouth was as they came bloody close and performed better on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

i told you guys ...germany aint the germany of old.....
    collecting in the morning.

It was 7/2 elsewhere ya mad thing. Money's money though i suppose.

Joined you on that one last night, happy days.

• Advertisement

hotspur wrote: »
    You have things completely back to front, it is considered inappropriate and bad form to talk about betting amounts in monetary terms on gambling fora because it leads to some fools playing the big shot saying they bet €500 on this and €800 on that. Lumping means putting more on then you usually do, it is just as accurate a description if you bet €20 when you usually bet €5 as it is betting €1000 when you usually bet €200. It is a relative term which does not relate to absolute amounts.

The ideal way of describing bets is is units which are percentages of bankroll, but since the very vast majority of posters here don't even have a specific bankroll it isn't used.

Fair enough, thanks for explaining that. You can see how it might look though to the observer who doesn't know the protocol on gambling forums.

My money would not have been wasted, Klose did in fact score.

I do not believe that to enjoy gambling you need to put on big bets. I more often than not would only do €5- or €10 bets.

You came across as one of them gamblers that sniggers when they see someone else put a small bet on as they bet in the hundreds, didn't realise you were the opposite.

And about the bet you would of placed, when I saw your first post I thought that it was a decent bet but referred to you as wasting your money cause you said I wouldn't touch this game if you get me, as in anything could happen and no bet would of been a good one giving the context of the game as you saw it.

Advertisement