Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Sh*t, thats two big choices for my second pick gone, Mr. Perfect and Cena! I really wanted Cena for some reason! Just hope (s)he is not gone by the time my turn comes around.

Yeah i didnt think Perfect would be around too long to be honest. I was gonna wait for my third pick before going for him, as i had anothe rperson in mind and just didn't know who to pick. I doubt my other choice will be gone by the next round, but you never know.

Justbringit's next up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Just Made My Pick Guys!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

My top choice list is shrinking by the minute

Eddie was in my mind aswell, but i thought he'd be available longer :(

Very good pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Hopefully we don't have to wait 24 hours for furious-red this time!

Ah at least he said sorry last time.

We're certainly speeding through round two though, thankfully :) (well, in comparison to round one, anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

My top two second choices are both there so I should be safe. Got to be honest and say I know nothing about the Freebirds and somehow missed out completely and Mr. Perfect. Eddie was a good pick though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Eddie, Perfect and Cena - the three people I had in mind for this round :( . Back to the drawing board I go

Nice to see things zipping along nicely in this round though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I was shocked at how long it took for Hogan to be picked in the last round. And by getting drawn first in this round and choosing Cena, Bounty hunter is looking incredibly strong.

I'm loving the old-school look about RebelRockchick's roster though, very shrewd.

I'm disappointed I wasn't able to log over the few days when this was being set up.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bollocks! Eddie picked now. And Mr Perfect shortens my list as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Their goes my pick, but I would have picked the Hardyz tbh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Minto wrote: »
    Hopefully we don't have to wait 24 hours for furious-red this time!

just made my pick there :p

Yeah, strange pick by Furios Red, he could have gotten Matt for free around Jeff's peak.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

was thinking that myself, Furious Red why not pick the hardy boys and get Matt for free? neither have been a HW champ, they teamed together on the draft Raw and are both argueably at their peak now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

well if ye insist i will edit and put matt in aswell

Nah its too late now :p

well if ye insist i will edit and put matt in aswell

Sorry dude, I don't think it works that way. Nice try though :D

Was Furious-Red's initial pick Jeff Hardy? If so he can't go and alter it to the Hardy Boyz as that would constitute a second pick in my eyes.
    Each person makes ten picks over ten rounds. One choice per round.

Sorry man but I don't think it's fair to recognise your change of mind.

Yeah it would beunfair, especially seen as the million dollar man was picked, when Virgil or IRS or someone coulda been got at the same time and there was no complaining about it.

• Advertisement

Well, since it is in the rules and gimmick didn't ask to change his pick before, I'll save Furious-Red the trouble and re-edit his pick for him. I'll even fix the video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

It is a mistake , however i dont believe anybody here is going to pick matt hardy on his own for his impressive mike skills :p. I am sure he can rectify his mistake in a later round.

P.S I actually like how matt is progressing as US champ and is improving in all aspects.

Yeah it wouldn't be right to start making exceptions for people.

I have to say I've been impressed with the progress made with round 2 so far. Hopefully we'll see a few more picks on Thursday...but preferably not anyone I have left in mind. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I dreamt my second pic has the Hardy Boyz. DAMN YOU FURIOUS RED!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    I dreamt my second pic has the Hardy Boyz. DAMN YOU FURIOUS RED!!!:p

+1
    I was going to pick the Hardy Boyz :(

But I made my pick.... Edge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Great pick Bubs. When I saw this thread he was the first name that came to mind for some reason.

Really wish I was part of this :(

Bruno was my second choice for my first pick. But my first choice for second pick is still available...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

knew he wouldent make it to RD 3 but had hoped Bruno would still be available after I changed my mind and didnt pick him in RD2, well played Bubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Sorry guys but I will not be able to participate in your little competition.My apologies to everybody.:(

• Advertisement

Gimme john concannons spot!

Double C wrote: »

Already gone to Danger_Dave at the end of the first round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have a feeling that myself and Fozzy are after the same pick this time round. Don't know why.

Sammartino I was hoping would be available in the third round of picks, but obviously not now.

Double C wrote: »

Back of the que mate, I am next :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

gimmick wrote: »
    I have a feeling that myself and Fozzy are after the same pick this time round. Don't know why.

Sammartino I was hoping would be available in the third round of picks, but obviously not now.

Good thing your ahead of him. I myself just had to make a list of wrestlers that i want for my 2nd round pick , 3 of them are gone already

P.S Think i know who you 2 are after Gimmick

gimmick wrote: »

I'm convinced that MNG is going to pick who I really want

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Back of the que mate, I am next :D.

I think Ron Simmons says it best what I want to say now!

Those two guys were on my list as well. :pac: This is getting way harder to predict but I think I know who I want so off to the picks thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Can't Believe Hot Rod wasnt picked till now, I had him on my list for Number 1 But Totally Forgot about him . I should Write Things Down . Nice Pick Though

Yeah I was surprised he made it this far so I felt I had to snap him up before it was too late. :)

Yeah I was surprised he made it this far so I felt I had to snap him up before it was too late. :)

He was the 2nd one I was tooing and froing between earlier. Great pick but I ended up shading with Bruno because of his drawing power. Very surprised Edge was picked before Piper

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm convinced that MNG is going to pick who I really want

I called it

Some nice picks being made. Im surprised about Bruno, to be honest. Didn't think he'd go too early. I totally and completely forgot about Rowdy Roody Peeper, excellent choice.

Edge is also an excellent choice. When you guys are deciding who to pick, do you ever think of someone from the 80's or so, and before you pick them, their current-day equivalent comes to mind and you don't know who to pick?

(Eg: if you were planning on hogan,but then the rock cvomes to mind, do you have difficulty thinking who to go with?)

I was stuck with Mr. Perfect and another person in my mind. They aren't really equivalents as such, but they're cloely matched in my opinion. I reckon this person will be easily available in the nest round anyway though, so.. yeah :)

I see michael's not been on for a few days and he's up next. I hope we won't have a long wait ahead of us now.

I see michael's not been on for a few days and he's up next. I hope we won't have a long wait ahead of us now.

Did he miss his shot in the first round too?

orestes wrote: »
    Did he miss his shot in the first round too?

No. Vince hasn't been on in even longer, he's up soon after. Although I think he did say that he'd have limited internet access, did he PM you any picks MNG?

Fozzy wrote: »
    No. Vince hasn't been on in even longer, he's up soon after. Although I think he did say that he'd have limited internet access, did he PM you any picks MNG?

No but I have his number and he asked me to send him a text when it's his turn.

No but I have his number and he asked me to send him a text when it's his turn.

Always on the ball, he'll make a great teacher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I just made my pick.........perhaps a suprising one.......?

I've been on the board, just haven't had the time to log in and post or anything the past couple days.

Good man michael for keeping things rolling and I think you made a solid pick there. Some might not have gone for him but he was a big name and could deliver in the right circumstances.

Edit: Just saw dez's pick. Top choice. One I had in mind for the future!

Goldberg is a great pick, I was really thinking that everybody would ignore him and I could pick him up later but consider you get the wrestlers at their peak, you would get Goldberg towards the end of his first streak when we was red hot. Well done

Let's hope Vince has his phone on

• Advertisement
Advertisement