Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Goldberg did cross my mind for a later pick if he was still around. RVD didn't for some reason

I'm still reeling over losing Piper! Who wants to see Piper and Bret again 15 years later?! They want Piper and Kerry Von Erich! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Let's hope Vince has his phone on

He did. :pac: He told me he hopes to make it tomorrow when he has net access. We've made very good progress in this round. A few more picks tomorrow evening could see us potentially three quarters of the way there which would be brilliant.
    Fozzy wrote:
    Who wants to see Piper and Bret again 15 years later?! They want Piper and Kerry Von Erich! :pac:

No Fozzy they want a Piper's Pit segment with Rene Dupree! Crap I just revealed my plans. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

He did. :pac: He told me he hopes to make it tomorrow when he has net access. We've made very good progress in this round. A few more picks tomorrow evening could see us potentially three quarters of the way there which would be brilliant.

Could he not just tell you his pick and you could make it for him and then tomorrow he could edit his post to add the pics, etc.? I know it sounds greedy, but I wanna make my pick, dag nammit!:D

Minto wrote: »
    Could he not just tell you his pick and you could make it for him and then tomorrow he could edit his post to add the pics, etc.? I know it sounds greedy, but I wanna make my pick, dag nammit!:D

He's been away so he doesn't know what picks have been made! Vince is reliable so you'll get your pick eventually. Better start thinking in the meantime. May I suggest Gillberg. ;)

He's been away so he doesn't know what picks have been made! Vince is reliable so you'll get your pick eventually. Better start thinking in the meantime. May I suggest Gillberg. ;)

Ohhhhh..... I'm shocked he's not gone already :D

Fair enough, I'll wait! Tis like being a kid at Christmas! Only one more sleep to Christmas, lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

No but I have his number and he asked me to send him a text when it's his turn.

Hmmm i smells conspiracy! ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

GODDAMMIT!!!! Could people please stop picking the wrestlers I decide I want next overnight?

I come to work and discover they are gone and then I have to spend the day thinking about alternatives and nothing gets done for the rest of the day.

The Boards Draft is effecting my productivity;)

Yes. I too think I am spending way too much time thinking about this draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    GODDAMMIT!!!! Could people please stop picking the wrestlers I decide I want next overnight?

I come to work and discover they are gone and then I have to spend the day thinking about alternatives and nothing gets done for the rest of the day.

The Boards Draft is effecting my productivity;)
    I have 5 potential picks. And so help me God, if those five are gone by the time my turn comes back around I'm going to pick Funaki.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I have 5 potential picks. And so help me God, if those five are gone by the time my turn comes back around I'm going to pick Funaki.

Be smart about it and you'll get Taka Michinoclue free ;)
    VR!

Be smart about it and you'll get Taka Michinoclue free ;)
    VR!
    I could take the whole lot of Kai en tai and my locker room would still suck!:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So has Vince missed his go and were now half way through Minto's? it is now 12hrs isnt it? what was decided about if you miss your go this time, end of the round or wait till the next round? if they do get in contact i.e Vince said he might struggle to make it on time I say he should get to go at the end of the round instead of missing a draft pick otherwise they knew the score and what would happen in their absence
    I could take the whole lot of Kai en tai and my locker room would still suck!

every roster needs its jobbers to be squashed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

So has Vince missed his go and were now half way through Minto's? it is now 12hrs isnt it? what was decided about if you miss your go this time, end of the round or wait till the next round? if they do get in contact i.e Vince said he might struggle to make it on time I say he should get to go at the end of the round instead of missing a draft pick otherwise they knew the score and what would happen in their absence

Be not afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Is it not still 24 hours? 12 hours could be a bit short, especially on the weekends. You head out for the night at say 7 pm Friday, you're not likely to be online again by 7 am Saturday, and even if you are you're probably gonna be in no state to make a reasonable choice. Although seeing someone choose Gillberg while hammered would be pretty funny :D

Be not afraid.
    Vince and Minto both online now! im very afraid, too good picks about to go bye bye

• Advertisement

I'm just waiting for Vince to make his pick, and you can be assured my pick will be legendary...

Orestes, it is still 24hours :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Crap, Vader would've been near the top of my list

thought he would slip most peoples radars good selection

Vader was a great monster heel. Had a great presence about him.

• Advertisement

I'm quite tired. Can anyone tell me which bit to link in oder to insert videos?

Here's my link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6bvBl_SrzE

I'm pretty sure it's the bit after the equal sign for vids.

everything after the =

everything after the =

Thanks.

I'm quite tired. Can anyone tell me which bit to link in oder to insert videos?

Here's my link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6bvBl_SrzE

The part after the =

between the youtube tags.

Excellent pick. I never thought of him to be honest. He was one of the best big men alright (as you said) but i just never thought of him at all.

did Vince steal your pick or something he posted half an hour ago

He just made it there, great choice (you bastid Minto :mad: :D)

Yeah good choice by Minto. I was hoping he'd slip under the radar but I never really believed he would.

orestes wrote: »
    He just made it there, great choice (you bastid Minto :mad: :D)

yeah just noticed and thought i was fast enough to delete that post but alas... good choice Minto I expected the Legend Killer to go soon. Think it will be hard to choose between some of these rosters although at Rd2 still its very early dorrs atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Yeah good choice by Minto. I was hoping he'd slip under the radar but I never really believed he would.

Considering Minto has Hunter as well, I presume Orton's prime will be taken as just after Hunter's betrayal so he could actually be a face?

I didn't think anyone would go after Orton this early to be honest. I'm kinda surprised he was chose.

• Advertisement

I didn't think anyone would go after Orton this early to be honest. I'm kinda surprised he was chose.

I was thinking of picking him so I could put him with Foley for their feud from WM

I was gonna pick a tag team, but all the main eventers seem to be going fast so I thought I'd snatch one up quick.

Considering Minto has Hunter as well, I presume Orton's prime will be taken as just after Hunter's betrayal so he could actually be a face?

Well it's up to the person who picks to determine when a wrestler's prime was. I'd say personally that Orton hit his prime last year when he was doing very well as a heel and competing in top matches.

TBH, I think his prime came in the middle of last year when he started becoming a more cerebral, almost psychotic heel.

Minto wrote: »
    TBH, I think his prime came in the middle of last year when he started becoming a more cerebral, almost psychotic heel.

I'd agree that that was his prime, but considering that you have both of them it becomes a little more complicated I would have thought

Spongey up next. He made a damn good pick last time so it will be interesting to see who he goes for next.

I'd agree that that was his prime, but considering that you have both of them it becomes a little more complicated I would have thought

Yea, but I never said their gonna be feuding, I haven't fully decided because Orton was a kinda last minute decision, but I could maybe see them tagging together or maybe not, lol!

Well he still has many more to add to his roster. Just because they're both main eventers doesn't mean they would be competing directly.

Nice choice spongey, but you have to use the Youtube code, not the embed one. :)

He's another person i didnt expect to go so early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Lads made my pick, Diesel (kevin Nash). Having problems with the You tube link, hope to get it sorted quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Diesel, shocking pick :D.

Diesel was on my shortlist. Didn't think he'd go in this round. I think it's callaway92 next. He should be around later.

There goes any chance of me forming the NWO

There goes any chance of me forming the NWO

Considering how many of them there were you could probably form it in rounds 8,9,10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Oh its me to go!!!..I shall anounce my choice now...Quickly

• Advertisement

wow definatley didnt expect Rey to go this early and had hoped to add him to my roster, argueably the best high-flyer going and a good pick

wow definatley didnt expect Rey to go this early and had hoped to add him to my roster, argueably the best high-flyer going and a good pick
    I would rate Rey over Van Dam and Hardy, surprised it took this long for him to go.

Still, I have 4 more potential pics, so I should be safe from Funaki. For this round at least.

I would rate Rey over Van Dam and Hardy, surprised it took this long for him to go.

+1, I'd even probably have him over Edge. When he first came to the WWE he was like nothing that I had ever seen.

Gutted that Rey's gone. He was in my thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

My top 2 for this round are still about so heres hoping , if i get either one of them ill be satisfied .

• Advertisement
Advertisement