Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

There's a really good value pick that I'm surprised hasn't been taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There's a really good value pick that I'm surprised hasn't been taken.

Big Daddy V??

callaway92 wrote: »
    Big Daddy V??

Men on a Mission! Good pick by the way.

There's at least 2 glaring ommissions from the list. I'd expect them to be filled by the end of round 2. Hopefully not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's at least 2 glaring ommissions from the list. I'd expect them to be filled by the end of round 2. Hopefully not though.

Would these be singles wrestlers you're thinking of?

Would these be singles wrestlers you're thinking of?

I think one of them is going very soon.

I think the other will slip under the radar, just maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think one of them is going very soon.

I think the other will slip under the radar, just maybe.

I'm pretty sure I know of two that I would consider glaring ommisions that are probably different to yours. There are at least 5 who are up there with some of the picks already made and 1 massive ommission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If gimmick takes my first choice I will go mental

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Back to the drawing board so...thanks a million Gimmick.

I hate this game.

I think Funk's got to be one of the guys Vince was thinking about. To be honest, I'd considered him for my first pick but then forgot about him for my second pick, I just wanted Piper. But I'd rather have Funk than Piper. That's my two top stars sorted out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Both my picks so far have been pretty old school. My next pick will be of the new generation. I have 2 or 3 in mind, so I will be shocked if I don't get one of them.

Delighted to have gotten Steamboat. My top heel and face are sorted.

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think Funk's got to be one of the guys Vince was thinking about. !

You could have got Dorry and Terry for the price of 1.

You could have got Dorry and Terry for the price of 1.

I don't think he could, they had to be a tag team in the WWF, any two guys who weren't a tag team in the WWF but were outside don't count ala Jericho and Storm

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't think he could, they had to be a tag team in the WWF,

They were a tag team in the WWF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_2

I don't think he could, they had to be a tag team in the WWF, any two guys who weren't a tag team in the WWF but were outside don't count ala Jericho and Storm

They did team together at one of the early Wrestlemanias. But they're both former NWA champions, and Terry's a former ECW champion

Two solid picks. I didn't think Funk would be noticed by anyone yet although I feared Steamboat would be.

Only a few picks left for this round. With a bit of luck we might get through it today.

But they're both former NWA champions, and Terry's a former ECW champion

Is that relevant? I didn't think titles outside the WWE applied on that ruling?

MNG, could Fozzy have picked the Funks as 1?

I thought it was. I just took "world champion" to mean world champion, not WWE champion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

They did team together at one of the early Wrestlemanias. But they're both former NWA champions, and Terry's a former ECW champion

He certainly could have used both Terry and Dorry (Hoss) Funk. They had a match at Wrestlemania 2 against JYD and Tito Santana. They also had several six man tag matches with Jimmy Jack Funk.

However, his pick has been chosen. Whoever picked Jeff earlier wasn't allowed have Matt as an afterthought. So if Foz was allowed Dory afterwards, it would be somewhat unfair.

VR!

I was under the impression that world titles outside the WWE spectrum wouldn't apply.

So for example if someone wanted the Steiner Brothers they'd be allowed to take them seeing as Scott Steiner was never recognised as a WWE World Champion.

It's probably something that we should have made clearer although it's not likely to affect many guys. By a similar token I'd be fine with the current ECW World Championship not being recognised as a World Title since it would prevent a certain top tag team from being picked assuming anyone wanted them...;)

• Advertisement

I thought it was. I just took "world champion" to mean world champion, not WWE champion

I would have thought that the WCW and NWA titles were too big to ignore but not the ECW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I hate being last ! all of my picks are evaporating.

P.S Biggest surprise in 2 round so far for me is the fabulous Freebirds , Kevin Nash. Both i believe could have waited for later rounds.

It's an exclusive WWE draft though. Just for future reference not that I can think of another example like it, it might be good just to know.

There's a good few other guys who could have had tag partners picked with them in that case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Their is still a very good pick left, suprised nobody has picked him yet. Was brilliant especially a few years ago.

The big names are going pretty quick I think. It's going to be interesting by about round 5 or 6 to see who people are choosing. That's what I can't wait for. Doink the Clown anyone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

gimmick wrote: »
    Both my picks so far have been pretty old school. My next pick will be of the new generation. I have 2 or 3 in mind, so I will be shocked if I don't get one of them.

Delighted to have gotten Steamboat. My top heel and face are sorted.

Damn it anyway! :(

The lads need to hurry up otherwise you'll all be waiting till tomorrow for round 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dammit! I was hoping no one would pick Funk, having him on a roster with Foley would have been a hell of a draw! I'll make my second pick now in a minute, just gimme a minute to go grab the youtube videos and whatnot

Very surprised by the latest pick. Didn't expect Lance to go so early.

Only three left so hopefully b.ie curious, jayhaitch and Danger Dave will be about later on!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

def didnt expect that grest wrestler but expected more of a big name

• Advertisement

Very surprised by the latest pick. Didn't expect Lance to go so early.

Only three left so hopefully b.ie curious, jayhaitch and Danger Dave will be about later on!

It was a coin toss between him and someone else, probably the wrong choice but figured it can't hurt having a solid performer and technical wrestler on the bill since I've already got the worlds greatest spot guy

You could've got Christian or Regal along with Lance. Or Val Venis if you'd wanted!

You could've got Christian or Regal along with Lance. Or Val Venis if you'd wanted!

Fook, I never thought of that! Stupid hangover! :mad:

Surely if Christian is an NWA champ he would have been out of bounds?

Either way, I think Lance could easily have been picked in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th round.I like him but he never really got to the main event

Mr.Nice Guy said that only WWE world titles count a few posts ago

Either way, I think Lance could easily have been picked in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th round.I like him but he never really got to the main event

I thought that issue was clarified earlier on in the thread when KKV raised the point:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56390917&postcount=251

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

was under the impression that world titles outside the WWE spectrum wouldn't apply. So for example if someone wanted the Steiner Brothers they'd be allowed to take them seeing as Scott Steiner was never recognised as a WWE World Champion.
    It's probably something that we should have made clearer although it's not likely to affect many guys. By a similar token I'd be fine with the current ECW World Championship not being recognised as a World Title since it would prevent a certain top tag team from being picked assuming anyone wanted them...

Just because this has came back up it seems... In my view, the current ECW (WWE version) title, should constitute a "World title", however, because the WWE regard it as such, and as a WWE draft, we're disregarding the Non-WWE World titles. So it seems to me that we have to include the current ECW title in the list of belts that prevent a tag team being picked!

Steamboat and Funk- damn i had hoped either would be my third... but im not suprised- great picks.

Sorry, wasn't paying attention. Does the WCW title count because it has kind of been cannibalized and used by the WWE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

The WCW title only counts from when it was reintroduced as the Raw World title (as held by Triple H). So if someone held the belt in WCW, then it doesn't count, but if they held if from Septemeber 02, then it does.

At least i think so, as the lineage of the original stopped with Chris Jericho unifing the belts. The current World title isn't part of the same lineage.

At least i think that's right...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would say only if someone has won it as the World Heavyweight Championship and not as the WCW title i.e won it as a WWE belt.

ECW title shouldent be counted IMO as i view it as a mid-card belt as important as the US & Intercontinental titles. but I guess MNG gets the final say... although he is quoted above saying the current ECW being not recognised is ok with him

• Advertisement

In my view, the current ECW (WWE version) title, should constitute a "World title", however, because the WWE regard it as such, and as a WWE draft, we're disregarding the Non-WWE World titles. So it seems to me that we have to include the current ECW title in the list of belts that prevent a tag team being picked!

Well I was willing to disregard the ECW Title's status as a world title considering that in the WWE it's not really viewed as important as the World Heavyweight title or WWE Title, but I have to say your logic is pretty sound and if it's meant to be a WWE draft then we ought to play by WWE's own rules.

Therefore, reluctantly, I suppose we need to view the ECW Title as a world championship. There goes my plan for picking Nitro and Mercury!
    Bubs101 wrote:
    Does the WCW title count because it has kind of been cannibalized and used by the WWE?

As regards the WCW Title, the belt given to Triple H in 2002 is regarded as the WWE World Title so would therefore be distinct from the WCW Title which went beforehand.

Therefore, reluctantly, I suppose we need to view the ECW Title as a world championship. There goes my plan for picking Nitro and Mercury!

If it makes you feel better I would have gotten the Miz and Morrison in before you

If it makes you feel better I would have gotten the Miz and Morrison in before you

How do you know that, you could be last next round bubs .

P.S No sign of Bi ? because i will be around for another hour or so and then I'm getting drunk so will not be back on till lunch time tomorrow :)

How do you know that, you could be last next round bubs .

I payed MNG to increase my number by 1 every round after getting a bad number in the first one. I'll be 6 next, trust me. I also payed him to keep you down at 20 ;)

Sorry, wasn't paying attention. Does the WCW title count because it has kind of been cannibalized and used by the WWE?

WWE world title and WCW title both have the same design, thats all. Aside from that they don't even share the same title history. For example, if Kane wins the belt off Punk, he can't claim to be a WCW, ECW and WWE champion. Big Show, on the other hand, can.

Looks like we'll be waiting until tomorrow for the next round then?

Bubs101 wrote:
    I payed MNG to increase my number by 1 every round after getting a bad number in the first one. I'll be 6 next, trust me. I also payed him to keep you down at 20

Yeah but RebelRockChick pays the best so I have to give her first preference. She might want you last Bubs. If you notice she came in the top five the last two rounds. Surely you didn't think that was mere luck? :D
    P.S No sign of Bi ? because i will be around for another hour or so and then I'm getting drunk so will not be back on till lunch time tomorrow :)

Nonsense. Make your pick whilst drunk! I suggest the Brooklyn Brawler. Let that name sink in to your head...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Danger Dave...I see Mordecai wasnt chosen yet. He could be the heart and soul of your Fed..PICK MORDECAI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Sorry mate, only got to a computer now.

And its b.ie ;)

Damn there's another guy off my list. :(

jayhaitch is up next.

• Advertisement

He was going to be my pick :( all of the others i had in mind are gone . What to do !!

Advertisement