Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Second Pick made. Controversial possibly but within the rules as I understand them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Yeah but RebelRockChick pays the best so I have to give her first preference. She might want you last Bubs. If you notice she came in the top five the last two rounds. Surely you didn't think that was mere luck? :D

Hey I thought that was supposed to be kept quiet :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DAMN! Owen and Doube J were going to be my next pick, I really thought they would slip through unnoticed while al the main-eventers got taken.

What a weird person to see get picked in the last of the second round. Of all people, I really didn't expect to see him go this early. Wow..

Very charismatic, but i think he lacks a lot in the wrestling side of things, and mic work isn't amazing either in my opinion. To each their own.

___

Well.. 3rd round is among us now... KKV = Numero uno please. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Unbelievable! My top two picks were going to be either The Animal (amazing he was still around imo) and Owen and Jarrett to get a Hart Brothers reunion going (plus Jeff).

Another rethink needed for me!

Well done everyone on the speed in which we got through round two. Got it done more than twice as fast as the last one by my count. :cool:

So do people want the draw for round 3 to happen tonight then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

+1 for draw tonight MNG..

callaway92 wrote: »
    +1 for draw tonight MNG..

I agree with Callaway, who agrees with MNG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Might get a few picks done over the weekend if the 3rd draw is done tonight, it's upto you MNG.

Alright I'll set it up now and post the round 3 order.

Set it up :rolleyes:

... Its a hat.

:p

• Advertisement

I'm delighted with how quickly we got through Round 2 of the Boards WWE Draft Spectacular and I'm pleased to be able to commence Round 3. The rosters are starting to shape up nicely and no one missed their turn in the last round so hopefully we'll see this trend continuing in future rounds. The time limit remains 24 hours.

Alright now that I've gotten the formalities out of the way, behold the Round 3 draw and as usual please use the picks thread for your choices:

* THIRD ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio,
    2. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash,
    3. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton,
    4. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat,
    5. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior,
    6. ec18...The Rock, Edge,
    7. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds,
    8. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig,
    9. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk,
    10. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett,
    11. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm,
    12. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper,
    13. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista,
    14. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino,
    15. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg,
    16. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam,
    17. Justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero,
    18. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena,
    19. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader,
    20. Furious Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy,

Like last round if Fozzy could do a cut-and paste job on the above for both threads that would be super.

I suspect this will be the trickiest - and most interesting - round of the challenge so far. Star names are becoming few and far between indeed.

So then callaway92 and Spongey1975 are the first to kick us off and I bid you, as always folks, HAPPY PICKINGS. :pac:

Thanks MNG. Callaway is online, so hopefully he may get the ball rolling tonight.

Well, i have three people in my head right now. All of them are likely to go in this round, but only two of them are likely to get picked before my turn, but it hasnt exactly been predictable thus far, so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I still have a brilliant one that hasn't been picked. Oh I want to shout it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Kudos to Jayhaitch, brilliant pick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Double C wrote: »
    Kudos to Jayhaitch, brilliant pick!!

Yes!!! Kudos to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fark ya anyway. My next pick as the New Hart Foundation of Owen and Neidhart. No clue who to pick next now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I can't see my pick being still around by the time my turn comes.

Ah lovely , im first to pick,,Will do in a minute

Nice choice callaway. I had him in mind but didn't expect him to be around by my pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Ahh crap-my luck's run out. 15th is a crap draw for what looks like a tough round. I reckon the first ten or so could be big stars, and then it'll start filtering down to mid-carders for the rest of us.

I'm gonna be away tuesday- friday, so i'll probably end up having to PM you my choices MNG.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna be away tuesday- friday, so i'll probably end up having to PM you my choices MNG.

That's fine yeah. Just make sure to PM me a few names in case the first choice you are thinking of gets picked before your turn. Maybe rank them in order of preference so I'll know which one you would have wanted. If that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

That's fine yeah. Just make sure to PM me a few names in case the first choice you are thinking of gets picked before your turn. Maybe rank them in order of preference so I'll know which one you would have wanted. If that makes sense.

Yes you speak sense indeed.

Can't believe Batista and Booker are gone before my pick.

From No.1 to 18 bah! 37 pick wait since Cena in round 2 hopefully someone good will be left. think ive averaged pick no.11 in the first 3 rounds, which shows the random draw is fair.

with my first choice for Rd 3 - Owen & Jeff gone ill have to make a list of possibles for this round that I can watch get taken before me.

Crap. Spongey just chose a tag team I had in mind. My list gets ever shorter!

Had them in mind the other day as well. I expect the guy I thought of to go in the next 2 if he dosn't their is something wrong :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Great pick Spongey, at their height they had the man who brought the attitude of D-X more than any other and the King of the Ring

Hopefully Minto will be on in a bit because I want to know what wrestlers I can write off my list. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know now who I am picking for this round. Hope Minto does not usurp me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'll make my choice within the next 30 mins or so, didn't expect to be up so early in the third round. Decisions, decisions!

Just had a thought, maybe its been discussed before, but I don't think it has. Ya know when we've finished picking our rosters? Would it be more interesting if we had to put together a card with our rosters? Say 3 or 4 matches, add some build up and background info to the feuds. IMO, it'd make choosing the best roster a little easier!

Minto wrote: »
    Just had a thought, maybe its been discussed before, but I don't think it has. Ya know when we've finished picking our rosters? Would it be more interesting if we had to put together a card with our rosters? Say 3 or 4 matches, add some build up and background info to the feuds. IMO, it'd make choosing the best roster a little easier!

No..Please No

I'm not sure having to put a card together should be a requirement although people could do it if they wanted to. As you say it could be interesting.

I'd say a general outline of the feuds you plan on having, who you would build your brand around etc should be the only requirements to give people an insight into what you're thinking.

One more quick question, before I make my pick. I wanna pick two guys from a stable, but to my knowledge they in WWE they may not have actually taken part in a two on two tag match, is it still ok? They are former WCW tag champs though.

Think they would have to hsve actually have teamed previously but dont think the WCW title makes any difference but as always tis up to MNG

• Advertisement

Think they would have to hsve actually have teamed previously but dont think the WCW title makes any difference but as always tis up to MNG

I'm fairly sure they took part in a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 tag match.

EDIT: I just looked at the results of some WWE shows and they defo tagged in a 3 on 3 match? Does that count?

They have to be established tag teams. Guys who would have been expected to tag up. So based on your comments Minto I would say that wouldn't be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm fairly sure they took part in a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 tag match.

EDIT: I just looked at the results of some WWE shows and they defo tagged in a 3 on 3 match? Does that count?

That would open it up for people to be able to pick tag teams based on people teaming together in a Survivor Series match or something like that I reckon, could make things messy

Argh. Booker T was going to be my pick :(

I was considering New age outlaws too. :(

This is el crapo. I've still got one more pick in mind...

Right, I'll just come out and say it I wanted Scott Hall and Big Show. They were WCW tag champs and in WWE were part of the nWo, they tagged on RAW in April '02 in a 6 man tag (with Xpac).

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    to be able to pick tag teams based on people teaming together in a Survivor Series match

I had thought of that, but because they were part of a stable I thought I might be allowed to do it.

orestes wrote: »
    That would open it up for people to be able to pick tag teams based on people teaming together in a Survivor Series match or something like that I reckon, could make things messy

Yes I agree with you.

The best way I could describe the term 'established tag team' for future reference would be a team that fans showing up to events at the time would have expected to see, because they were at that point a recognised team.

Jarrett and Owen in 1999 were a team like this as of course were the likes of LOD, Freebirds that have already been picked.
    Right, I'll just come out and say it I wanted Scott Hall and Big Show. They were WCW tag champs and in WWE were part of the nWo, they tagged on RAW in April '02 in a 6 man tag (with Xpac).

No that couldn't be an acceptable pick. Hall and Show weren't expected to tag in their time in WWE.

Trust you to be difficult Minto. ;)

well big show being a former WWE/ECW champ means you couldent anyway

I think that would fall under stable rules, meaning they can't be chose together... (especially as big show was an ecw champion)

Oh yea, bollocks! Forgot about that rule! I'm torn between my second and third choices.

Yeah I forgot we confirmed we'd view the ECW Title as a world title a few pages back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Was wondering how long it would take to pick a manager (best manager in the business)
    Didnt think it would be this round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah I forgot we confirmed we'd view the ECW Title as a world title a few pages back.

Big Show's a former WWE champion too

Was wondering how long it would take to pick a manager (best manager in the business)

Me neither but having thought about it, I think it's a superb pick. He's chosen the best bloody manager ever I'd say.

It's one of those picks that will look really good in a few rounds' time. Very tactical pick as well. Suddenly mangers have been brought into play!

Good on him.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Big Show's a former WWE champion too

Damn, how did I forget about that?! :pac::o

I was going to pick Heenan for my 2nd pick, but I wanted another main eventer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement