Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Go for it. I'm sure he would have expected his pick to have been made by now. If it wasn't for delays it would have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OK Bubs' pick made for him. I will post up the Round 6 draw shortly.

OK after a round that seemed slower than Giant Gonzales, I'm pleased to be able to get us on to Round 6. Before I get to that I'd just like to say to anyone who may have missed the goings-on a few pages back, that we have drawn up tentative plans on how to determine the winner. You can view that post featuring those plans here. Comments or thoughts welcome.

Right then let's get down to business...

* SIXTH ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, JBL, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Mickie James
    2. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Matt Hardy & MVP, Harley Race, Bam Bam Bigelow,
    3. justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Sabu, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Mr Kennedy,
    4. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton, Bobby Heenan, Shane McMahon, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr,
    5. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Rick Rude, Rick Martel & Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff,
    6. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, William Regal, Fabulous Moolah,
    7. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Kane, CM Punk, Rock 'n' Roll Express,
    8. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Rhino & Tajiri, Lita, Mike Awesome,
    9. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda (IRS), Jushin Liger,
    10. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Yokozuna, Jimmy Snuka, Tazz & Raven,
    11. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake & Typhoon,
    12. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Vince McMahon, Brian Pillman, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn,
    13. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham,
    14. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show, Bob Backlund, DDP,
    15. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Tiger Mask, Jim Cornette,
    16. ec18...The Rock, Edge, Christian, AJ Styles, Sunny,
    17. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, New Age Outlaws, Lex Luger, Pedro Morales,
    18. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Steiner Brothers, Sycho Sid, Pat Patterson,
    19. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Bobby Lashley, Finlay,
    20. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista, Dudley Boyz, Trish Stratus, Sergeant Slaughter,

Fozzy please do the usual cut and paste job on the above. Jayhaitch and gimmick will kick us off for this round. Hopefully it will prove a lot swifter and smoother than last time.

Best of luck to everyone as you layeth your picketh down. Happy Pickings. :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

bang smack in the middle, 10th is slight improvement and the last few rounds so me:), though i dunno if my planned pick will last through 9 go's

had expected Pat Patterson to be long gone at this stage so not suprised to hear he was top of Bubs list at this stage.

hopefully this round will be quicker than the last one

Woo hoo....i'm number one.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have no idea who to pick this time round, didn't expect an early number either. Should certainly have the pick made by 9pm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Excellent, looks like things are gonna pick up speed again so, happy days

Number 12, could have been better but could have been worse so I'm happy with that

I just realised RebelRockChick finally moved out of the top ten. Saints be praised! :p

Dang its getting tough.

Pick made.

Info to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I just realised RebelRockChick finally moved out of the top ten. Saints be praised! :p

MNG that's just mean :( .....no more cheques for you anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm pretty sure Fozzy that Jushin Liger never wrestled for WWE? Maybe thats not one of the rules, I dunno, but I'm 99% sure he never worked for them, unless theres a dark match or house show I'm unaware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

flahavaj wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Fozzy that Jushin Liger never wrestled for WWE? Maybe thats not one of the rules, I dunno, but I'm 99% sure he never worked for them, unless theres a dark match or house show I'm unaware of.

I posted on the last page a couple of links that said he wrestled there. I knew it would be questioned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    I posted on the last page a couple of links that said he wrestled there. I knew it would be questioned :pac:

Apologies, just saw those posts now.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I dont think MNG likes me :( . perhaps my pick will be available but i doubt it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

god damn i was gonna pick mickie james.:( back to the drawing board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

MNG seems angry that i picked sunny :P

I dont think MNG likes me :(
    ec18 wrote:
    MNG seems angry that i picked sunny :p

What can I say? Jayhaitch and gimmick pay well. 53.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just wanted to say thanks to MNG for posting my picks while I was away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Same here, thanks MNG. Delighted I got two of my first three, not so delighted with my position in the draw again. Have only been in the top half once

Nice pick there by justbringit89. I was thinking of that duo myself but I wasn't sure they'd really fit in with my roster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Nice pick there by justbringit89. I was thinking of that duo myself but I wasn't sure they'd really fit in with my roster.

Thanks Man , TBH i completly forgot it was my go that PM , thanks for that:D Yeah even though Carlitos Character has gone down in the lad few months , Santino is Classic:D:D

Also when making matching are we allowed to split them up??

Also when making matching are we allowed to split them up??

Yeah, we want everyone to have a good degree of freedom.

shoulda known he would but Minto just took who id planned on being my female pick though I was actually going to wait a round for.....Steph.

if Minto didnt and I still missed out, I kinda hoped Bubs would get there first so as to team her up the Macho Man, woulda been funny. o well that roster will keep the Levesque-McMahon family happy.

I'm liking Minto's picks. Triple H, Shane and now Stephanie. A revival of the McMahon-Helmsley era in your thoughts, Minto? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

There are still some great picks out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Question:

Do I need to pick a tag team still? or can Edge and Christian count as my pick?

if Minto didnt and I still missed out, I kinda hoped Bubs would get there first so as to team her up the Macho Man, woulda been funny. o well that roster will keep the Levesque-McMahon family happy.

I would have picked Steph earlier if I didn't have the Macho Man but one of the best things about him is that he gives me a great out when it comes to my female pick. I knew Minto would pick her and I think it's a great pick.

BTW, EC18, I think the way it works is that you can use them as a tag team, but if you do, you can only use them from a period when they had a tag match so you wouldn't get Edge's title reigns (I think but I missed a week of rule discussion)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm liking Minto's picks. Triple H, Shane and now Stephanie. A revival of the McMahon-Helmsley era in your thoughts, Minto? :cool:

I'm not too sure. I loved that era, but I think it'd be hard to recreate with Randy Orton as face (and minus the New Age Outlaws). I was working it out last night and I'm thinking maybe a feud between Shane and Steph, with them picking representatives or something. I dunno, I prob need another main eventer or something.

ec18 wrote: »
    Question:

Do I need to pick a tag team still? or can Edge and Christian count as my pick?

Well everyone is required to have at least one tag team but if you want to use E & C as your tag team pick then I think that would be fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Yep, the picks have definitely become very interesting indeed. Having Steph and shane is definitely a useful pairing for sure, and there's alot to play around with as far as storylines go..

Made my pick... The wild samoans.

• Advertisement

Good pick, michael. I had them on my tag team list.

callaway92 up next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Made my pick ladies

callaway92 wrote: »
    Made my pick ladies

thought Spongey would get him in this round so as to have him and HBK on the same roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thats tuff luck to Spongey so

You could have gotten X-Pac with Jannetty and you didn't? Most people would rate Waltman in his prime above Jannetty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

When did X Pac and Janetty tag? I would have thought Al Snow as a free pick there tbh.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You could have gotten X-Pac with Jannetty and you didn't? Most people would rate Waltman in his prime above Jannetty

He might have another tag team in mind. You're only allowed have two. I just made my final tag pick.

gimmick wrote: »
    When did X Pac and Janetty tag? I would have thought Al Snow as a free pick there tbh.

Marty Jannetty and the 1-2-3 Kid, former WWF tag team champions

I thought Al Snow was picked but apparently not

I've written my piece out already for the first time, I'm confident that MNG or dez_warlock won't pick this person

I've written my piece out already for the first time, I'm confident that MNG or dez_warlock won't pick this person

I think we got the fastest turnaround on a pick so far because of that, just one minute between picks. If everyone else was as fast as me we'd be finished in a day! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I think we got the fastest turnaround on a pick so far because of that, just one minute between picks. If everyone else was as fast as me we'd be finished in a day! :pac:

Ha I had him down as my next pick but said I'd go for another tag team!

Ha I had him down as my next pick but said I'd go for another tag team!

Haha, I'd have gone mad if you picked him! Especially because I'd already written that out

I think Bounty Hunter will pick soon too so if KKV and orestes are feeling like night owls we might make good progress. :)

According to my calculations, so far 7 people have reached their 2 tag team limit already. That will rise to 8 if Bounty Hunter picks a tag team.

I think Bounty Hunter will pick soon too so if KKV and orestes are feeling like night owls we might make good progress. :)

According to my calculations, so far 7 people have reached their 2 tag team limit already. That will rise to 8 if Bounty Hunter picks a tag team.

damn right man pick made (im online far too much recently) Steel Cage match anyone! and your right make it 8 tag-limits reached.

Damn! Muraco was very much in my thoughts. One of the great IC champs of all time and terrific on the mic. Real funny vid of him with Piper here.

Way to ruin that reunion on me Bounty Hunter. :mad:

Damn! Muraco was very much in my thoughts. One of the great IC champs of all time and terrific on the mic. Real funny vid of him with Piper here.

Way to ruin that reunion on me Bounty Hunter. :mad:

sorry but it had to be doneMuraco isnt a Rd7 draftee, might just rob that Youtube link too:D

• Advertisement

We don't have to pick 2 do we? Considering there have been so many limits reached hopefully I can pick up a decent team on the cheap. Had T and A in mind, very good pick

It's going to be interesting to see how the picking turns out with some people (like myself and Bounty Hunter) going for rosters that have draw power at the top of their agenda while others (Fozzy and Vince) have clearly gone for technichally gifted rosters

thats true mine isnt exactley a technical wrestling roster but i guaran-damn-tee that it would draw

Fozzy, this is in no way personal, so please don't ban me, but I bloody HATE you right now! :mad: I've had my fingers crossed all day that noone would think of him before my pick! Sooo close! Grrrrrrrr!

Bubs101 wrote:
    We don't have to pick 2 do we? Considering there have been so many limits reached hopefully I can pick up a decent team on the cheap.

No you just need to have one team. Two teams is just the maximum allowed.

I reckon a lot of heel tag teams are going fast. That's why I went for the Rougeaus. RebelRockChick seems to know her retro wrestling and I know Vince likes the Rougeaus as much as I do, so when I saw the Wild Samoans taken I felt I needed to act.

I know we have to have one tag team, but do we have to have at least one female on the roster or are they optional?

• Advertisement
Advertisement