Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah ec18 can pick away. Let's hope he's on soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It was just a throw away idea. I think by letting everyone only make 1 offer, it keeps the thing under control and doesn't make the whole 10 rounds and the time people spent thinking of picks a total waste of time.

But whatever everyone else thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I reckon a trade window would be a good idea. As peoples rosters are getting filled up people may think that guys they picked earlier may not fit with the roster they want or they have too many heels/faces and want to balance it up

Does the maximum of one offer mean someone offers a trade and if its rejected thats it or is it a maximum of one accepted trade? Maximum of one offer is hard to police if its done by pm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont know if we will get as far as me today but incase we do im writing up my next pick atm

ec18 is online now so I sent him a PM. If gimmick and Minto are around this evening then we could maybe get as far as number 19 and with a bit of luck, 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am poised and ready and hoping ec18 does not take my choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Just to throw my two cents in, i don't like the idea of trades, or drafts between rosters either. Actually, not that i don't like it- but i think alot of choices were made, without that sort of thing in mind, and it would be best leaving it out this time.

I get to make my pick at the end of the round yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm not sure I agree about a trade window. If someone got really clever about it they could trade off half their roster and get an established midcarder off two seperate people in exchange for two lesser midcarders for each person. They would end up with less wrestlers overall but would have a higher quality card overall, especially if they can offload the tail end of their roster if you know what I mean?

Just my thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

just made my pick! :P

I get to make my pick at the end of the round yeah?

No. It was made clear here following the mess of Round 1 that we wouldn't allow people who missed their pick to pick at the end of rounds any more.
    Before I get to the draw I'd just like to remind everyone that due to the difficulties of the last round with people missing their turns, from now on if you miss your turn we will NOT give you a chance to pick at the end so you will essentially miss your pick for that round. Those who missed their turn once already will be eliminated if they miss their turn again so please try and make your picks in time. (If anyone is unable to be at their computer for a few days it is acceptable to PM me your pick).

I'd be willing to allow you to make a pick at the end of Round 10 so there would at least be parity between the rosters, assuming everyone else is fine with that of course.

No way though can there be more hold-ups in this round.

Nice pick, ec18. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I didn't see that particular post- i usually check for the draft order in the other thread. i think in the rules, on the first page, it's still as it was originally.

That really sucks, because i was online on saturday, until about half 12, and there was a couple people left before me, then I came back on Sunday, around half 6,7, and i'd missed my turn.

Ahh well, harsh i think, but understood! cheers.

ARRRGH quick re-write needed damn you Gimmick, will be ready by the time Minto's about though.

yeah people skipped should def be allowed go after Rd10 IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Great pick by Gimmick. Had him in my thoughts earlier on but completely forgot about him

If Micheals is on by the last pick tonight you could act by your username and let him pick. He did apologize after all

Bubs101 wrote: »
    If Micheals is on by the last pick tonight you could act by your username and let him pick. He did apologize after all

And what if b.ie curious isn't on until about 5 in the morning?

If Micheal gets in before you make the draw it's no harm done really. If not then fair enough

If Micheal gets in before you make the draw it's no harm done really. If not then fair enough

Well since there's four people to go michael could PM me a list of five picks and the top one available could be his pick at the end of the round after b.ie curious. Best I can do because I really don't want to wait 24 hours on a missed turn pick again.

gimmick wrote: »
    It seems the Kane unmasking was never answered properly on page 8 of that either.

MNG got it right i think.

As for el trados, I personally, would be in favour of them. I like the prior rule (cant remember who said it) that you can only make one trade, and only offer two members of your roster.

IE:

If i wanted Flair, i could offer Undertaker and Honky Tonk Man, but couldn't offer any more than that.

We could do it through PM, and if a trade is accepted, it would be announced in this thread.

Only real problem i see if the hassle fozzy would have, having to change the rosters on the first page.

I mean, if someone personally, is against the idea, they just don't have to trade at all. Just seems like a decent idea to me. Plus it could be very thought-provoking if two different people come to you with trade offers, and you'd have to work out which is the best offer, or if you should just keep your roster the same (as you'd only be able to make one trade) and how sick you'd feel when you make a trade and then someone makes you an amazing offer when its too late. :P

Just my thoughts :o

Actually, because i am a complete pedant

That answers that then. I never doubted myself ;)

Nope I am afraid I was right!
    I'm pretty sure it was a match at MSG against Triple H for the World title.If Kane won he became champ but if he lost he had to unmask.He lost due to interference and then snapped by chokeslamming RVD who had come down to help.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kane%2Btriple%2Bh%2Bmask/video/x2zayn_kane-vs-triple-h-mask-vs-title-matc_extreme

All hail the king of the pedants. :P

• Advertisement

Just so we are clear here, did Kane, or did he not take his mask off in the youtube video for the first time. I will put money on this. Virtual or real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I dont get you Gimmick..HE took off his mask because he lost...Whats to get??

Wait a sec, we posted the same video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Wait a sec, we posted the same video.

Yeah, but Kane had just lost to HHH. It wasn't against RVD. RVD's not wearing his ring gear

Just so we are clear here, did Kane, or did he not take his mask off in the youtube video for the first time. I will put money on this. Virtual or real.

As MNG Said:

I'm pretty sure it was a match at MSG against Triple H for the World title.If Kane won he became champ but if he lost he had to unmask.He lost due to interference and then snapped by chokeslamming RVD who had come down to help.

(Except he lost by pinfall, but there WAS interference behind the refs back)

... Whats to question?

And Kane was first unmasked at SummerSlam 2000, by Undertaker. It caused Kane to walk away from the ring and they announced 'Taker as the winner. Then in 2002, after WrestleMania the nWo attacked Kane and X-Pac unmasked him. X-Pac kept his mask then and wore it (i think he wore it to the ring at Backlash 2002, but i also think that was the only PPV he wore it at).

I can give you the whole storyline run up to the unmasking if you want. But MNG pretty much covered how it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Didn't Patterson and Brisco unmask him backstage once too?

• Advertisement

Yup, I got that one wrong then. Glad that bet was not accepted :D . Though I do claim a technicality :P
    Fozzy wrote: »

Yup, and I'm sure he was in some other match as well where he ran up the ramp with his face in his hands in order not to show his face.

Just realised I could have gotten Briscoe for free with Patterson :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Just realised I could have gotten Briscoe for free with Patterson :mad:

Disaster ! dont make picks drunk :)

Where has that Minto fella gone to? I want to make my pick! :pac:

I think I wasn't sure if I has to take the old men Briscoe and Patterson or peak Briscoe and Patterson. At least it wasn't a Lance Storm-esque rush of blood

• Advertisement

+1

dont like this waiting malarky like that word though...Malarky. tbh this already is the off topic thread for the pro-wrestling board

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. During the corporation era was it not?

He's also been seen backstage without his mask a few times. The wrestler that sees him usually freaks out and runs away, or just stands about freaked out.

It'd be hard to document how many times it happened though.

I wonder if when he takes the mask out of the bag in the current-day storyline (assuming its a mask, of course) will they have a wig attacked to it?

TBH, I'm almost 100% sure that it's going to be a comedy angle and Kane is going to take Mae Young's hand out of the bag and use it as a tag partner ala Al Snow and Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I think I wasn't sure if I has to take the old men Briscoe and Patterson or peak Briscoe and Patterson. At least it wasn't a Lance Storm-esque rush of blood

I'm never gonna hear the end of that am I? :o

orestes wrote: »
    I'm never gonna hear the end of that am I? :o

Short answer - No

Long Answer-No and what were you thinking ! ?!?!?!? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Work unfortunately. I'll make my pick now. I'm really suprised he's not been picked yet, but then again he might have been i just copied and pasted the list of picks from page 1 into word and searched his name. Anyway, if he was already picked, I'll change it in the morning.

pick made. now Yokozuna, Muraco & Bob Orton all have a possible manager in Mr Fuji, hell that could be a faction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

pick made. now Yokozuna, Muraco & Bob Orton all have a possible manager in Mr Fuji, hell that could be a faction.

And if you have seen the Dirt Sheet with Miz and Morrison you could get a hell of a lot of humour with Mr Fuji too!!

*throws salt in everyones eyes*
    :D

Pick made. So relieved no one took my lovely Maria. :D

b.ie curious is up next and then michael's pick will finish the round off (He PM'd me his choice so there should be no delay with that)

Pick made. So relieved no one took my lovely Maria. :D

b.ie curious is up next and then michael's pick will finish the round off (He PM'd me his choice so there should be no delay with that)

considerd choosing her (bought her and some friends of hers a shot last Summer in Chicago too) but thought Mr Fuji was more important to my Roster.

and yeah Double C fairly sure i mentioned the dirt sheet in my post on the picks thread.

• Advertisement

but thought Mr Fuji was more important to my Roster.

I like your roster and I see why you picked him. However I don't think you needed him. I don't think any of your guys needed him either when they were wrestling. Not a great manager.

probably true that they didnt need him but he does add an extra dimension to any angle they could get involved in especially with me having the three men he managed on my roster already.

probably true that they didnt need him but he does add an extra dimension to any angle they could get involved in especially with me having the three men he managed on my roster already.

Your roster doesn't need much strengthening anyway. You have a monster main event on your hands there!

Another 5 day round :rolleyes:

Another 5 day round :rolleyes:

Its a killer alright , i have to say though people have made some really strong draft picks in this round, and everyones rosters is starting to take shape.

I hope b.ie curious comes on tonight. This round feels like it's been going for an eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Great picture pick Mr. Nice Guy:D

Maria.... Really?

Your heart isn't in this any more is it MNG? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I hope b.ie curious comes on tonight. This round feels like it's been going for an eternity.

Surely this sets the record for the longest round yet....b.ie curious has til 5pm yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

80 pages ... this must have the record for longest thread on the wrestling forum.

I am hella jealous of all you mofo's in the game though.

Advertisement