Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

what happens to Micheals pick if B.i does not make it by 5? does MNG still make it on his behalf, would seem unfair on B.i that they both miss their go yet micheals gets a pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Surely this sets the record for the longest round yet....b.ie curious has til 5pm yes?

Easily. And to make it worse, if b.ie aint on, he will have a pick after Michaeletc again, so we could be stuck until tomorrow afternoon again.

I know no one is deliberately holding it up, but its still a pain in the hole.

I know we told Micheals etc he could go after B.i (infact he PM'd MNG his pick) and this might sound harsh but if B.i doesent show before 5, I think they should both just get 2 picks in thye next round, we shouldent have to wait for the same people twice in the same round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I know we told Micheals etc he could go after B.i (infact he PM'd MNG his pick) and this might sound harsh but if B.i doesent show before 5, I think they should both just get 2 picks in thye next round, we shouldent have to wait for the same people twice in the same round

But b.ie will have another chance after micheal's pick...

But if he misses his second chance, does he his lose his opportunity to pick for this round?

But b.ie will have another chance after micheal's pick...
    so what we could end up waiting 2 days for B.ie? Micheal's pick will be made automatically when MNG comes on after 5.

really hope b.ie is on in the next hour

• Advertisement

so what we could end up waiting 2 days for B.ie? Micheal's pick will be made automatically when MNG comes on after 5.

really hope b.ie is on in the next hour

Yes, which could make this round even longer

Hopefully we'll get this round over with today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

How long has this been going for anyway? 5 weeks?

How long has this been going for anyway? 5 weeks?

This round?....seems like it :p

First round started June 26th, so it's been going for 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Apologies all, i really thought i'd be able to make my pick yesterday. i've been travelling and working since. i'll explain my pick later (I hope).

That's a great pick. I thought there was a chance the Hammer would get overlooked.

I thought MNG might have gone with Greg Valentine seeing as how he had Piper.

• Advertisement

Nice one. Good choice. I had thought of them earlier, but almost went for Beefcake as a singles choice.

Hopefully MNG can draw soon, and a good run can me made on round 8 before the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll just pop michael's pick on the thread now and should have the draw up soon afterwards. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Smart pick. After Hogan, Mascaras is probably the most famous wrestler in the world

OK thankfully we can now leave Round 7 behind us. I'm disappointed we had another missed turn having gone several rounds without one. May I remind those who already missed their turn that after a second missed turn it's elimination - as happened to john concannon - so please try to get your turn in as quickly as you can, especially those with a strike against them. Alright then here is the line-up for Round 8 of the draft challenge...

* EIGHTH ROUND DRAFT ORDER *

1. Vince135792003...The British Bulldogs, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Tiger Mask, Jim Cornette, Bruiser Brody, Ultimo Dragon & Billy Kidman,
    2. Minto...Triple H, Randy Orton, Bobby Heenan, Shane McMahon, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jr, Stephanie McMahon, Umaga,
    3. KKV...The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake & Typhoon, Melina, Eric Bischoff,
    4. RebelRockChick...Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura, Jerry Lynn,
    5. Spongey1975...Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, New Age Outlaws, Lex Luger, Pedro Morales, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty, John Morrison,
    6. Danger Dave...Chris Jericho, Batista, Dudley Boyz, Trish Stratus, Sergeant Slaughter, Molly Holly, Iron Sheik,
    7. Fozzy...Kerry Von Erich, Terry Funk, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda (IRS), Jushin Liger, Bryan Danielson, Junkyard Dog,
    8. Bounty Hunter...Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Yokozuna, Jimmy Snuka, Tazz & Raven, Don Muraco & Bob Orton, Mr Fuji,
    9. ec18...The Rock, Edge, Christian, AJ Styles, Sunny, Samoa Joe, TAKA Michinoku & Funaki,
    10. Mr.Nice Guy...Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Kane, CM Punk, Rock 'n' Roll Express, The Rougeau Brothers, Maria,
    11. callaway92...The Road Warriors, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, William Regal, Fabulous Moolah, Marty Jannetty, Chavo Guerrero Jr,
    12. orestes...Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Vince McMahon, Brian Pillman, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn, Bob Holly & X-Pac, Sherri,
    13. dez_warlock...Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Rhino & Tajiri, Lita, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Super Crazy,
    14. Bubs101...Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Steiner Brothers, Sycho Sid, Pat Patterson, Chyna, Gail Kim,
    15. gimmick...Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat, Matt Hardy & MVP, Harley Race, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jamie Noble & Kid Kash, Shane Douglas,
    16. Furious-Red...Chris Benoit, Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Bobby Lashley, Finlay, Frankie Kazarian, Kofi Kingston,
    17. Jayhaitch2...Kurt Angle, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, JBL, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Mickie James, Hurricane & Rosey,
    18. b.ie curious...Jake Roberts, Ultimate Warrior, Big Show, Bob Backlund, DDP, Al Snow & Steve Blackman, Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake,
    19. justbringit89...Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Sabu, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Mr Kennedy, Carlito & Santino, Victoria,
    20. michael.etc...Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Rick Rude, Rick Martel & Tito Santana, Paul Orndorff, The Wild Samoans, Mil Mascaras,

Fozzy please do the usual cut & paste job on the above. Apologies to b.ie curious for giving you another rotten draw. You deserved a better one. :o

I'd like to remind everyone that we are entitled to a maximum of two tag teams and we must have at least one tag team. By my count everyone bar five of us have yet to reach the maximum limit on tag teams.

Likewise we are entitled to a maximum of two females for our rosters and we must have at least one female. By my count only 2 of us have reached the limit on women however 10 people have yet to pick a woman at all so just bear all this in mind as the challenge reaches its close.

Right then Vince and Minto will kick this round off. As always I bid you good luck and Happy Pickings. :cool:

cheers MNG, hopefully this round will go faster and hopefully we will get a quick start today and get most of the way through the round before the weekend kicks in.

I've got someone in mind who I really want for this round

Fozzy wrote: »
    I've got someone in mind who I really want for this round

If you're thinking of who I'm thinking, I want that person as well!

If you're thinking of who I'm thinking, I want that person as well!

if either of you are thinking of who im thinking of then.... im screwed:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I have two people in mind, need at least one of them for my roster

I'm not going to lie.. I haven't got a clue who i want...

• Advertisement

Mideon ftw!

kamala.jpg

theanimal.jpg

Book it.

Your up first Vince, book it yourself ;)

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Your up first Vince, book it yourself ;)

Hmm, I will not be. Although with a couple more picks, I would have.

Now I know everyone wants this round done a little quicker than the last one but I'm gonna need a little time to think.

I had my picks sorted but Fozzy's mind games in his last few post has admittedly rattled me somewhat!

It'll be done by 10 at the latest.

Yeah i think this round might drag out a little. But not because of people not being on the interweb, but because it will be tougher to decide :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I'll just pop michael's pick on the thread now and should have the draw up soon afterwards. :cool:

Thanks for making my pick MNG! Got who i wanted too!

It's getting tough now. I'm thinking i should pick my required female... but there's another really big name left....

Well Vince has gone and iirc that leaves only two WWE champions from the years I think we're including i.e 1963-present day

Good pick, Rogers influenced a lot who came after him

Not who I'm looking to pick though!

Not who I'm looking to pick though!

Didn't think it was!

But I'm happy you made me re-think. Really pleased with the pick I made. I probably needed another big draw and few were bigger draws than him in the 1950's and 60's.

When WWE showed old WWWF shows on Sky from the early 1980's Buddy Rogers even past his prime and retired from the ring, clearly had an aura about him and was strong on the mic. He was a big player in wrestling.

• Advertisement

RebelRockChick probably should have picked him. Him vs. Flair would have drawn

There's still time to pick the Black Nature Boy, Scoot Andrews!

scootandrews.jpg

She's more than well covered. Lots of natural match ups on her roster.

i have two people in my head now.. go me!

Both are mediocre pics really, but they can be used effectively.

Have the last few picks been the slowest ever. It seems like an age ago since Round 6 started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Am I the only one who thinks that RRC's draft picks seem suspiciously close to roster that a certain Mr VR would pick if he was doing this? Apart from Jerry Lynn of course.;):D

Shes got the best roster out of the whole lot as far as I can see anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That is liabel, Doc. you can't prove sh*t :D
    VR!

flahavaj wrote: »

Shes got the best roster out of the whole lot as far as I can see anyway.

Personally, I think EC18 is miles ahead. He's got a man with unmatchable charisma and two ready made fueds that fans would pay to see that don't even involve that man and it wouldn't even be bad technichally

Wow Minto in danger of losing his pick. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Wow Minto in danger of losing his pick. :eek:

Ha ha, no danger of that! Just made it! It's a killer, lol!

Great pick, KKV. I had him in mind. Damn you. :pac:

• Advertisement

Great pick, KKV. I had him in mind. Damn you. :pac:

http://hassanator.ytmnd.com/

:D

If only it were true... :(

Him and Daivari were my third choice for this round. Good pick

yep had been 50:50 on if I should pick Hussan or someone else, was kinda leaning towards Hussan though and didnt think he would see too much interest till atleast the next round.

Him and Daivari were my third choice for this round. Good pick

Wow, my heart sank for a second. I thought you said you picked him and daivari in the third round.

You couldn't have them as a tag team anyway... MNG's a hard ass :pac:

Made my pick, Spongey1975 is up next

Made my pick, Spongey1975 is up next

In the words of Fr. Noel Furlong/Graham Norton off Fr. Ted, "You're on my enemy list now!!"

That's 2 rounds in a row you've taken my next pick. Great choice.

Here's hoping that Danger Dave doesn't see fit to take my pick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Alright Ive made my pick, fozzy your up . Now its time for me to leave and go get drunk !

I'm surprised that Sable wasn't taken yet! I've basically got my whole roster sorted now I think, might have some fun with the last two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've basically got my whole roster sorted now I think, might have some fun with the last two

I'm kind of in the same boat. Got my ninth decided on and I'm sure it'll still be there. Gonna defo have some fun with my 10th pick. Can anyone say jobber?

• Advertisement
Advertisement