Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Had someone else in mind but have suddenly changed my mind to someone who wasnt even on my list. Will post it up very soon im only just in from seing The Dark Knight and all I can say is Damn!

here is what i said elsewhere dont worry no spoilers
    Just saw the Dark Knight and (no spoilers coming) if I had of needed to go to the toilet during that movie id have rathered piss all over myself than take my eyes off that screen, it was that good. Go see that movie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I agree with that quote Bounty Hunter. Its the movie so nice, ya gotta see it twice! Hopefully, gonna see it the second time tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My original opening match was gonna be Jerry Lynn and Davey Boy Smith. The it was gonna be Juventud versus Billy Kidman.

So with 2 picks to go, I still have a couple of pieces of the puzzle to fill. I've 3 in mind to fill the gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

just made my pick :)

I'm curious to see if any takes what I hope are my two last picks (assuming no one picks them)

Minto wrote: »
    I agree with that quote Bounty Hunter. Its the movie so nice, ya gotta see it twice! Hopefully, gonna see it the second time tomorrow.

im moving to London in a month so hopefully they will still be showing it in the IMAX's there at that point.

didnt think of Tomko good pick. A lot of people are going to have to pick women in the last two rounds (myself included).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I didn't think this whole thing would take so long and I'm heading off to Edinburgh for a month in a couple of days. I'm not sure if I'll have regular net access although I will try to be on most days, I was just wondering what the situation would be if I missed a pick in the later rounds? Would I still be able to pick at the end, and more importantly will I be disqualified from putting my roster forward after a certain time from when the last pick is made?

Pedantic I know, but just wanna be clear before I go in case I hold things up for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Agreed, hopefully see it again soon. Two of my friends are going to see it monday night so no spoilers discussed tonight, only that Ledger's part as joker was unreal. Saw it first thing Thursday morning. (sorry for off topic)

This round seems to be goin a bit smoother thankfully :) Oh and sorry Vince :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pick made. Would have made it sooner but I'm under the weather at the minute.
    orestes wrote:
    I didn't think this whole thing would take so long and I'm heading off to Edinburgh for a month in a couple of days. I'm not sure if I'll have regular net access although I will try to be on most days, I was just wondering what the situation would be if I missed a pick in the later rounds? Would I still be able to pick at the end, and more importantly will I be disqualified from putting my roster forward after a certain time from when the last pick is made?

Pedantic I know, but just wanna be clear before I go in case I hold things up for everyone.

The rules are that you get eliminated after a second missed turn so if you miss one you won't be out.

Could you maybe draw up quite a long list of namesthough to avoid this? Like at least ten names? Then I could pick in your absence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Apologies to b.ie curious for giving you another rotten draw. You deserved a better one. :o
    No worries, it makes life more interesting! Forces me to 'think outside the box'. My roster is pretty unique as a result.

Although I am pissed that I can no longer make Funaki posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Hmmm. I don't seem to be able to edit my pic. Should I just put it up again, or would the break in the order confuse people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hmmm. I don't seem to be able to edit my pic. Should I just put it up again, or would the break in the order confuse people?

Post it here and I'll edit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

90 minutes ish before Callaway92 loses his turn. Hopefully we can get a good run thereafter.

I'm in the wings waiting in case Callaway doesn't make it online in time

weird thing is he was online yesterday after MNG picked, I saw his name at the bottom in the viewing this forum section and thought o good we should get moving again soon. Guess he just didnt realise he was next and read some other Pro-wrestling thread.

weird thing is he was online yesterday after MNG picked, I saw his name at the bottom in the viewing this forum section and thought o good we should get moving again soon. Guess he just didnt realise he was next and read some other Pro-wrestling thread.

He was on today as well. I sent him a PM earlier to remind him. In fact there have been a few people I've had to PM in previous rounds to remind them that their pick is up because they haven't bothered to look at the thread to see when they are up next. I'm pretty sure callaway92 was one of those guys.

It's a bit ridiculous that we're in Round 8 and people are still unaware of when their turn is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have a tale to tell about calway 92 involving the Royal Rumble Pool.

Callway, 7 months on and the Big Daddy V pog seller (yes, such a think exists) off ebay is still looking for more specific details about your actual location e.g. house number, street etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bags the pog if Callaway doesn't want it

Well he's missed his pick anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nooo im on now...C'mon 6 mins late

Too late. What the hell took you so long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Was golfing today and didnt have a clue it was my turn.....meh

Its 24 hours, that is more than enough (too much IMO, but thats besides the point). Ignorance is not an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

+1... move along now folks, nothing to see here.
    VR!

So am I up now then? Gimme a couple of minutes and I'll have my pick up

Yeah go for it orestes. Hopefully we'll see things pick up in the next few hours.

My pick is up now, here's hoping we can make some more progress tonight :)

D-lo had been on my list but doubt ill even use that list now as ive decided who my next 2 picks will be and neither was even on the list, im also quite hopefull that neither will be picked by someone else.

Good pick Bubs. Randy was always better with Miss Elizabeth/with any valet than without one. He was interesting in that sense.

That was my next pick too. Even so, I'll be grand. The role I have for my female pick doesn't require too much skill e.g. stand in the corner and look concerned although Miss Elizabeth was the master of it.

Good choice, gimmick. I was thinking of him myself. Surprised he lasted this long.

Bubs,

I've just realsied you can't have Miss Elizabeth. You already have Chyna and Gail Kim and two women is the maximum. You'll have to pick again. Sorry.

• Advertisement

Bubs,

I've just realsied you can't have Miss Elizabeth. You already have Chyna and Gail Kim and two women is the maximum. You'll have to pick again. Sorry.

Oh, Bubs. Cardinal error. She was a very important part of the Savage package.

Bubs,

I thought it was only two tag teams, no? I gotta start reading these rules more, lol!

I've been checking a lot of the picks for too many tag teams or women for a while now, missed that one. I assume that we just carry on and Bubs can change his pick whenever he's ready?

I thought it was only two tag teams, no? I gotta start reading these rules more, lol!

No sure I even mentioned it at the start of the eighth round:
    I'd like to remind everyone that we are entitled to a maximum of two tag teams and we must have at least one tag team. By my count everyone bar five of us have yet to reach the maximum limit on tag teams.

Likewise we are entitled to a maximum of two females for our rosters and we must have at least one female. By my count only 2 of us have reached the limit on women however 10 people have yet to pick a woman at all so just bear all this in mind as the challenge reaches its close.

Bubs was one of the two guys who reached the female limit.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    I've been checking a lot of the picks for too many tag teams or women for a while now, missed that one. I assume that we just carry on and Bubs can change his pick whenever he's ready?

Yeah we'll just carry on and I'm sure Bubs will alter it soon enough.

No sure I even mentioned it at the start of the eighth round.

Fair enough!

Maybe he thought that Chyna wasn't looked at as a female pick?

An easy mistake to make I suppose. :D

Just in case, a present for Bubs: http://www.gumgod.com/derek_china.htm

Ah, that was definitely put there after the rules were made and I'm pretty sure either just before or after I picked Gail. I wouldn't mind so much but Goldust was my second choice by a mile

Edit: Must have been made when I was in Scotland. Damn

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ah, that was definitely put there after the rules were made and I'm pretty sure either just before or after I picked Gail. I wouldn't mind so much but Goldust was my second choice by a mile

Edit: Must have been made when I was in Scotland. Damn

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56517274

You replied minutes after the rule was first made!

Guess I wasn't paying attention. I'll make my replacement pick now.

I wouldn't mind so much but Goldust was my second choice by a mile

hehehe :D

I'm not too annoyed anymore after randomly wikipedian TNA stars appeased me a little

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

just made my 8th pick

Ah damn you FR. I had Stacy in my thoughts. (Then again who doesn't? :pac:)

• Advertisement

looks like we might have to start skipping Orestes now :D

The Funeral of Orestes
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56716898#post56716898

looks like we might have to start skipping Orestes now :D

The Funeral of Orestes
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56716898#post56716898

Orestes was really liked somewhere!?! :eek:

:o:pac:

(Sarcasm by the way... well.. not really.. I just confused him with Rovert... I'm too tired to understand usernames. :( )

Freddie Blassie is a great pick. And to use him simply as a manager would be criminal.

Isn't he the guy who garnered so much heel heat he got stabbed by a fan? Would have picked him much earlier if I knew he wrestled in the WWF. Phenomenal pick

Isn't he the guy who garnered so much heel heat he got stabbed by a fan? Would have picked him much earlier if I knew he wrestled in the WWF. Phenomenal pick

You didn't know he worked for the WWF but you know it's a phenomenal pick?

• Advertisement
Advertisement