Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards WWE Draft spectacular!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ok hope what i did is right... as its now in the other thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow that's an excellent way to kick us off Bounty Hunter. I like your attention to detail and the way you outlined alternative feuds you could go down in future.

I'd like to make a query of your roster and ask you who you would see coming out on top of your main event feud. Would it be the Hulkster?

Wow that's an excellent way to kick us off Bounty Hunter. I like your attention to detail and the way you outlined alternative feuds you could go down in future.

I'd like to make a query of your roster and ask you who you would see coming out on top of your main event feud. Would it be the Hulkster?

thanks

well seing as the way i layed it out the promotion is only starting out id probably keep the belt on Hogan. A really short run for the first champion wouldent exactley lend too much credability to the belt/promotion. Also with it being a triple threat i dont think either challengers credability would be too hurt i.e they didnt get a 1on1 chance against the champ. I know Yoko did in the build but again he could blame Cena for costing him that match the way i suggested it going down. therefore either could easily challenge again or feud with each other leaving the Hulkster free to feud with someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tazz couldn't have been the last ECW champion. ECW was still going when Tazz was in WWE. I think it was Rhino. Not that it matters too much in the context of your feuds

I thought there was some mad controversy where a ECW wrestler left the ECW for WCW with the title and then the crazy situation happened where WCW allowed him to compete in a one off ECW show to drop the title, even weirder it was current WWF wrestler Tazz that made a one off return to ECW to win the title back.

edit: I think your right it wasnt Tazz, it was prob Rhino

though about what i said above
    Wiki wrote:
    Just a few months after Tazz arrived in the WWF, Mike Awesome, the man he'd dropped the ECW World Heavyweight Championship to, signed with World Championship Wrestling. Legal wrangling by Paul Heyman prevented Awesome from taking the title belt with him, and in a piece of bizarre wrestling history, ECW and WWF officials agreed to have Tazz, a WWF wrestler, make a surprise appearance at an ECW show to defeat Awesome, a WCW wrestler, for the ECW Championship.[19] Tazz held the belt for ten days before losing it to Tommy Dreamer, during which time he wore it on various WWF shows, including an episode of SmackDown! where he lost to the WWF Champion Triple H[20]—a booking decision Vince McMahon later expressed some regret about.[21

I thought there was some mad controversy where a ECW wrestler left the ECW for WCW with the title and then the crazy situation happened where WCW allowed him to compete in a one off ECW show to drop the title, even weirder it was current WWF wrestler Tazz that made a one off return to ECW to win the title back.

That was Tazz beating Mike Awesome (a WCW wrestler at the time) for the ECW belt. But Dreamer bet Tazz for it on an ECW show shortly after (one week I think it was)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Just to clarify on Rhino- he was the last ECW Champion, winning it at Guilty as Charged 2001.
    Steve Corino defended the belt against Justin Credible and Sandman in a three-way tables,ladders,chairs, and err, canes match, which saw Sandman win the strap. Then Rhyno came down, threatening to kill Sandman's family, unless he immediately recieved a title shot. And he quickly won the title after pile-driving the champ onto a shard of table. It was well done, i thought.

Liked the write-up Bounty Hunter.

Just did my recap. Took longer than I had anticipated but least it's out of the way. :pac:

very nicely layed out MNG

just one point, with only ten competitive wrestlers on your roster i.e not inc Bearer & Maria do you think that having 3 belts is wise?

very nicely layed out MNG

just one point, with only ten competitive wrestlers on your roster i.e not inc Bearer & Maria do you think that having 3 belts is wise?

Cheers BH.

I think belts are useful for getting over a wrestler to the audience although I think with only ten competitive wrestlers there would be a danger of cheapening the belts alright. I'd intend on treating the belts in a very old school manner though as the World Title wouldn't be defended on my TV shows, with the IC belt and Tag belts only defended on very rare occasions. I favour long title reigns for champions when possible.

With that being the case I think 3 title belts would be manageable but I would need to take care not to have the belts pass into too many different hands.

• Advertisement

No mention of Bret vs Piper? I know they did stuff together, but that wasn't when Piper was at his peak

I just thought that I'd mention a few guys who weren't picked who I think are better than a good few who were picked. You could still get a decent roster from the ones who weren't picked!

The Great Sasuke (I would have picked him if Jushin Liger hadn't been available)
    The Sheik (Terry Funk has his role on my roster)
    Eddie Gilbert (very underrated I think. I was thinking about picking him and Missy Hyatt)
    Genichiro Tenryu
    Kevin Sullivan
    Konnan
    Chavo Guerrero Sr
    Lioness Asuka
    Kyoko Inoue
    Alex Shelley

I'd have accepted any of them on my roster

for some reason i had expected someone to pick SOS

Fozzy wrote:
    No mention of Bret vs Piper? I know they did stuff together, but that wasn't when Piper was at his peak

I did earmark Bret vs Piper for a future feud but I think both guys would be better spent in other feuds rather than in one bumper feud.

Here's names that were on my list...

Some men's wrestlers:

Spike Dudley, Terry Taylor, Koko B Ware, Jim Duggan, Chief Jay Strongbow, Tatanka, Test, Crash Holly, Hornswoggle, George 'The Animal' Steele, The Patriot, Buff Bagwell, Ahmed Johnson, Big John Studd, Dino Bravo

Some women:

Candice, Dawn Marie, Jazz, Michelle McCool, Beulah McGillicutty, Nattie Neidhart, Tori

Managers:

Lou Albano
    Armando Alejandro Estrada
    Freddie Blassie
    Jimmy Hart

I considered these wildcard-type picks:

Daniel Puder, Zach Gowen, Harry Smith, Chris Candido, Vickie Guerrero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »

The Great Sasuke (I would have picked him if Jushin Liger hadn't been available)
    The Sheik

I'd have accepted any of them on my roster

Them two were very much in my thinking.

A couple of guys that I considered too were Adrian Adonis, Butch Reid, Candido and Pedro Aguayo.

My recap is now completed too.

nicely done Vince, seing yours and MNG's card is making me regret not using the superstar images with the card as it looks very well IMO.

I understand what you mean about obscurity maybe being against you (not that the names are too obscure but maybe a bit before most peoples time) I myself wasnt sure wether I should pick Aja Kong for the same reason.

actually whats peoples opinion of Aja, Do people know/remember her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

They should. She, along with several of her colleagues in AJW put on some of the greatest matches ever around 93/94.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just to add to the list of people I am surprised was not picked, is The Doctor Of Style himself - Slick.

Ill put up my roster probably Friday, as I am just after having an idea to improve it a bit.

I remember her. Would have loved to have picked her along with Trish.

Another pick I considered was David Von Erich. He wrestled I believe once in the WWWF.

Also the Grand Wizzard would have been another manager to pick too.

• Advertisement

Well i was halfway through mine and i lost everything so i had to do it again. :(

Anyway, i stole Vince's layout. And now im going to bed. Its nearly 3am and i am wrecked. I shall investigate the rosters over the weekend and nit-pick any tiny little problems i can find in an attempt to make mine look superior :pac:

Well i was halfway through mine and i lost everything so i had to do it again. :(

Anyway, i stole Vince's layout. And now im going to bed. Its nearly 3am and i am wrecked. I shall investigate the rosters over the weekend and nit-pick any tiny little problems i can find in an attempt to make mine look superior :pac:

since your still awake ill nitpick now... btw again (although youve given credit to Vince) nicely layed out but why use a womens title instead of say the IC? seems odd as you could only ever have the same match again and again for it with only 2 women in your promotion.

since your still awake ill nitpick now... btw again (although youve given credit to Vince) nicely layed out but why use a womens title instead of say the IC? seems odd as you could only ever have the same match again and again for it with only 2 women in your promotion.

Very true. But I don't think its very fair to pick on my women, because i wasn't allowed to have any more than two in the first place (there would have been at least a third woman on there otherwise).

As for the remark about the IC belt, i would think that with the general longevity of my roster being quite short (i'd estimate, if it was real, you'd get about two years of TV time, max) having a mid-card title could devalue the WWE chamionship. The WWE title would be the centerpiece for many storylines, and the other rivalries on my roster would be 'personal' feuds (the American against Hassan etc.).

If i had to put a third championship on my roster, it'd be the Tag Team Belts, as i have three teams (if you include Hassan/Daivari), but i still think that too few is better than too many.

Just on KKV's analysis of his roster he said:
    Muhammad probably hits number one in the "best heel of the last decade" category in wrestling,

I don't think he's in the top 20.

It's easy to get heat when you're an Osama Bin Laden look alike and even then with the run he had, it was very short and didn't draw much money.

wonder will i be the only one to describe the build of the feuds on the card and results of fights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've really enjoyed following this draft from the outside. Some very interesting rosters out there... I most like the look of RRC and ec18s rosters but Vince has put together a great and varied looking card... the early favourite in my eyes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm finishing up my submission now I'll try have it posted up sat/sun

I've got a good bit of mine done, but my computer's going pretty slow tonight and I'd like to stick in a few pictures. I'm also very tired and I've probably rambled a bit in it. It'll definitely be up tomorrow evening

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Vince has put together a great and varied looking card... the early favourite in my eyes!!!

Thanks.

Just on Rebel Rock Chicks, I think the big plus with it is that you can pretty much see the match ups already before she even writes it up.

is it the best or our favorites we vote for? cos my favourite roster out of the ones picked (excluding my own of course) wouldent be the best i.e the most succesful.

is it the best or our favorites we vote for? cos my favourite roster out of the ones picked (excluding my own of course) wouldent be the best i.e the most succesful.

You'd vote for your favourite rather than what you think will be successful I think. If you think of yourself as a fan, and there's these 20 promotions, which one would you be most likely to watch? I think that's the way you should vote

• Advertisement

You'd vote for your favourite rather than what you think will be successful I think. If you think of yourself as a fan, and there's these 20 promotions, which one would you be most likely to watch? I think that's the way you should vote

uh-oh people dont like my top draft picks Hogan & Cena, but they are money in the bank for any promotion

I think a number aspects should be considered. Voting doesn't have to be down to just 1 core issue.

To me I'm looking for:

- Which rosters are the strongest in terms of drawing, wrestling and mic work.
    - Which event I'd like to watch.
    - Which event has natural match ups and feuds.

I was considering judging on a mix of:

most importantly: what i'd personally want to see

less importantly: what would be a generally succesful roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I think it depends on what type of wrestling is you favoutire. Personally I prefer stroy driven/promo wrestling. So thats how i'll be judging the best rosters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Another thing that I'm looking out for is the order of people's picks. Lets face it, some people got an easier ride than others. I'm interested to see how people who missed out on the Shawn Michaels and the Hulk Hogans create their marquee events.

I'm liking the roster submissions thus far. Offering me plenty of food for thought as I try to decide my top 5. :)

Just put mine up. I wrote most of it last night, didn't realise it was so long. Although a quick word count tells me that spongey wrote more than me, so I don't feel as bad :pac:

Excellent work there Fozzy. Really high standard being set I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Thats me Done ! would have done more ( See my ATH answers, but Im wrecked and Im on my 5th beer so don't think id have been able to keep going ) Also Internet access at the moment is kind of limited.

Just Like to Say Cheers MNG , i loved absolutely every bit of this, from what crappy draft pick i got, to who's picking who. Damn I dont know who to vote for ! . Not Fozzy because he's a mod at least i know that.

Jesus H. I had a nice little succinct piece put together. I see that more is needed now.

or maybe I can go by "less is more"?

I'll make my submission tmr.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »

or maybe I can go by "less is more"?

An overlooked formula for success in wrestling.

It was the same as always with me, I start typing with no clear idea and then it all just comes to me and I have to get it all down. It tortures me to leave stuff out, even if it's for the worse :pac:

An overlooked formula for success in wrestling.

Or to quote Earl, from My Name is.... "If less is more, then more is definitely more" :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Or to quote Earl, from My Name is.... "If less is more, then more is definitely more" :)

Who did he ever beat?!

He beat "The Man". Kind of. Though his current state kind of makes him look like the loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just put mine up. I wrote most of it last night, didn't realise it was so long. Although a quick word count tells me that spongey wrote more than me, so I don't feel as bad :pac:

Didnt realise mine was that long either until i posted it, wrote it in several sessions which made it seem not so long. Good fun though

Some good rosters there so far, plenty to think about

I just put in a list on the other thread saying who's done their roster submission, just so we can keep an easy track of who's still to go. Eight have gone so far, so we're still waiting on 12 people after four days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Am I too late to put my roster up? Sorry, I'm abroad atm and have very limited net access, I can have it up later today or tomorrow at the latest if I'm not too late? Sorry about the delay guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just submitted my roster.

Thanks to MNG again for coming up with the whole thing, certainly passed away a rainy summer :)

• Advertisement

Just submitted my roster.

Nicely done and good, natural card too.

Advertisement